the Carthagian Magon

Sana

the Carthaginian Magon†at the center of
Tunisian thought forum

" the Carthaginian Magon†, was chosen as the main character of the Tunisian thought forum which was organized
by the Regional Delegation of Culture and heritage preservation at the library of Ariana.

this famous figure of the agricultural history was introduced by Mr. Habib Baklouti , a Tunisian researcher, who talked about Carthage’s historical context in the third century BC and the various aspects of urban development and economic growth that remained until the advent of the third Roman War (146-149 BC), which ended with Carthage destruction.

Considered as "the father of agronomyâ€, Magon was the center idea of agricultural structure and development , becoming thereafter the Carthaginian agronomist of the century.

Indeed, due to the treaty he had written in Punic language, in 28 volumes specializing in agriculture, he has become a main reference in history . thanks to its rare chronic which had been kept at the Apollo temple in Italy since the end of Rome’s third war against Carthage , the treaty was translated into Latin and then into Greek languages . The Roman writer and scholar Marcus Varro and Latin writer Lucius Moderatus are considered among his main disciples.

Magon's reputation reached a point that his columns have spread to the media and scientists throughout history. Magon has treated several issues particularly related to viticulture, wine making and rushes ( plants) .:)

Mezoo

VIP Member
it's the wine i like, tunisian magnon. add a little 7up and off ya spritzer !!

Essem

Staff member
Why waste the Magon with 7up or boga????

Soltef

Magon-ificent!Might give it a try one day!Beats Celtia!

Mezoo

VIP Member
Why waste the Magon with 7up or boga????
can't stand the taste of wine. i've personally got to disagree with soltief, i'd take a six pack of celtia any day. or wine with 7up when no beer (or more importantly, malt scotch) is available. :D nothing better than malt scotch from .........eh essem ! :)

Essem

Staff member
I don't drink scotch - in fact I don't drink spirits unless they are diluted in cocktails. I'm more of a pink champagne sort of gal!

There's nothing like a fine wine though! Men are a bit like fine wines - they start out as grapes, and then its your job to stomp on them until they mature into something you want to have dinner with.................

Youssef

Try Magon Royal with some steaks on Dinner ;)

Aussiegal

I don't drink scotch - in fact I don't drink spirits unless they are diluted in cocktails. I'm more of a pink champagne sort of gal!

There's nothing like a fine wine though! Men are a bit like fine wines - they start out as grapes, and then its your job to stomp on them until they mature into something you want to have dinner with.................

hee hee i am stomping lightly so that the grape does not know it is getting squished:D