To set up a top quality Indian Restaurant with Bar

rosa1710

Recently, in-fact early this month, visited Hammamet. What a lovely place and people but really missed good food, never mind good Indian food.
Though place sounds affordable but going through forums giving me mixed feelings about starting and running a business there.

Is it cheap? Is it business friendly? Is this market good to invest?

20+ years in restaurant/hotel trade from scratch to senior management and owned restaurant/pub/takeaways in UK and India.
I'm keen to set up 100+ seater RestoBar and looking for advise on
1. Best city/place for expat business
2. Rough estimate of upfront cost, Rent and other recurring operating costs
3. Licences required and other local authority issues. (India was difficult with clearance from Food, Fire, police and many other authorities. Bribe another big issue)

Serious Investors welcome. Let's create something amazing!!!!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Is it cheap?

labour yes property and rents no

Is it business friendly?

If you are an exporter yes think manufacturing or some exporting call centre/professional service.

Is this market good to invest?

For me not in that industry. I am in the same industry and I am seldom tempted due to the high cost of property and low spending power outside of the tourist/Tunisians returning season.

20+ years in restaurant/hotel trade from scratch to senior management and owned restaurant/pub/takeaways in UK and India.
I'm keen to set up 100+ seater RestoBar and looking for advise on

1. Best city/place for expat business

Tunis year round and folks have some money to spend....but lots of competition and expensive.

Hammamet lovely and v busy for a few months a year a lot of tourists have all inclusive so dont spend as much as you would think dead outside the season.

Sousse city and tourist resort same problems above but a bit more lively outside of season.

2. Rough estimate of upfront cost, Rent and other recurring operating costs

How long is a piece of string in Tunis you can pay thousands a week if you want far more rent than you would ever make as rents are often higher than profits and many f&b businesses fail.

Have a look a Tunisie annonce and technocasa to see some fo the places for sale and rent currently.

3. Licences required and other local authority issues. (India was difficult with clearance from Food, Fire, police and many other authorities. Bribe another big issue)

You would need professional advice on this as its not easy.

Serious Investors welcome. Let's create something amazing!!!!

Good luck

rosa1710

Many thanks Kris