travelling dogs to u.k

scotty_bambam

Hi,
Does anyone have experience of flying a dog from Tunisia to the u.k? Somebody kindly gave me a list of vets in the le kef area but I'm worried they won't do things right.

gem15

Hi,
Does anyone have experience of flying a dog from Tunisia to the u.k? Somebody kindly gave me a list of vets in the le kef area but I'm worried they won't do things right.
The vet needs to give all injections required for the UK then have the blood work sent to France for the results. There are only 2 places in France the UK recognise for this for the rabies. The best airline to transport them thru unless driving is airfrance.

Contact DEFRA for all the correct info.

scotty_bambam

Thank you.

scotty_bambam

Air France don't do direct flights to UK..would prefer to lessen the ordeal with just one flight. Does anyone know what the charge from the vet should be_? Am currently being quoted 500 dinar by a vet who admits he's never done it before.

gem15

Tunisair don't always take livestock as cargo and depending on the size of the dog u can take as hand luggage which is what we did with ours to Italy when we went on holiday so you will have to check with them.

Our vet has said it's 220 tnd for the bloods to be sent to France and if course the injections are extra but not sure of the price as ours has been done yearly.

Your vet should know the cost of injections

scotty_bambam

Thank you.she's too big to take as hand luggage.Thomas cook were prosecuted after a dog died a cpl years ago ,so I guess it will be Thompsons .I checked the list of approved carriers for entry into UK and tunisair not on it

gem15

My cats travelled via Thompson a few yrs ago now but we used an agent in the UK which made it easier for us. We may use them again when we return.