Travelling

cdella

Can somebody tell me if I'll be ok travelling to Tunis for the weekend from the Uk.
I want suggestions as to whether it will create problems due to the Coronavirus and what is actually happening at the moment. My worry is coming back, I want to get bk.

Selmi

Can somebody tell me if I'll be ok travelling to Tunis for the weekend from the Uk.
I want suggestions as to whether it will create problems due to the Coronavirus and what is actually happening at the moment. My worry is coming back, I want to get bk.
Tunisia reported its first case last week of the covid19 Coronavirus. A Tunisian national travelling back from Italy via ferry was placed in quarantine..
Flying into Tunis you will be met by health officials wearing protective masks taking passenger temps, you will also have to complete a health declaration along side the normal disembarkment landing card.
Just an update too that a suicide explosion happened on Friday near to the US embassy in Tunis, the FCO have updated its site stating to remain vigilant especially in and around government buildings including the British embassy.
Travelling back into the UK no additional measures in place as of Saturday..

Selmi

Tunisia reported its first case last week of the covid19 Coronavirus. A Tunisian national travelling back from Italy via ferry was placed in quarantine..
Flying into Tunis you will be met by health officials wearing protective masks taking passenger temps, you will also have to complete a health declaration along side the normal disembarkment landing card.
Just an update too that a suicide explosion happened on Friday near to the US embassy in Tunis, the FCO have updated its site stating to remain vigilant especially in and around government buildings including the British embassy.
Travelling back into the UK no additional measures in place as of Saturday..
Update today: All tourists from today arriving into Tunisia have to isolate for 14 days. Holiday company TUI have had to cancel all holidays to the country up until 22nd March 2020.

cdella

When can we come? Will this change after tye 22nd of March?

Selmi

When can we come? Will this change after tye 22nd of March?
Even if you manage to get a schedule flight you will be forced to self isolate for 14 days on arrival by the authorities.. This appears to be the case with numerous other countries too Best just keep checking updated information on the FCO web site as the situation with the COVID-19 virus is changing daily.

cdella

Selmi where would I have to do the health declaration?
What do you mean about no measures will be undertaken on.my way bk to the Uk as from saturday?

Selmi

Selmi where would I have to do the health declaration?
What do you mean about no measures will be undertaken on.my way bk to the Uk as from saturday?
Cdella you have quoted my reply back on the 13th March 2020.
Tunisia is now on lock down !!! The foreign office has advised all but essential travel to the country.