Tunis Air

ROULLA

Good morning everyone hope that you are all in good health! I have been searching now for over an hour trying to find the thread called Tunis Air but i am unable to find it so i had to create another:)

Workers, agents and managers of airports open on strike from today

The Union of Tunisian Workers (UTT) has announced that the workers, managers and agents of the Office of Civil Aviation and Airports (OACA) decided to go on strike open from today , Wednesday, November 2, 2011. The Union of Tunisian Workers (UTT) HAS Announced That The Workers, managers and agents of the Office of Civil Aviation and Airports (OACA) Decided to go on strike from open today, Wednesday, November 2, 2011.

UTT said in a statement released yesterday, the strike will continue until the satisfaction of demands "legitimate" staff OACA. The UTT Said in a statement released yesterday, the strike continues Will Until the satisfaction of Demands "legitimate" staff OACA. Abdelaziz Zouari, Secretary General of the UTT said in a telephone interview with the TAP that the strike will concern the international airport of Tunis-Carthage (North), Tozeur-Nafta, and Djerba-Zarzis (south). Abdelaziz Zouari, Secretary General of the UTT Said in a telephone interview with the Tap That Will strike the concern the international airport of Tunis-Carthage (North), Tozeur-Nafta, and Djerba-Zarzis (south).

UTT sent October 18, 2011 a strike notice to the Department of Transportation, the Inspector General of Labour, the Director General of the OACA and governors of Tunis, Tozeur and Medenine, threatening a strike in all airports, Wednesday, November 2, 2011. UTT feels October 18, 2011 a strike notice to the Department of Transportation, the Inspector General of Labour, the Director General of the OACA and governors of Tunis, Tozeur and Medenine, Threatening a strike in all airports, Wednesday, November 2, 2011.

The union recommended in the strike notice, to engage in social negotiations only with the general direction of the OACA to examine four claims of the staff of the Office. The union recommended in the strike notice, to only engages in social Negotiations with the general management of the oven OACA to examine claims of the staff of the Office.

These claims are, according to the notice, to benefit the agents of a career with a tenure of 10 years for the same journey and to ensure them a continuing education in all fields and specialties for advancement in their professional careers. Thesis claims are, According To the notice, to Benefit the agents of a career with a tenure of 10 years for the Sami and journey to Ensure 'em a Continuing education in all fields and specialties for advancement in Their professional careers.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Wonderful another strike.

Tunisair must be under severe financial pressure I suggest ensuring that when you book tickets you do so via credit card.

R&A4EVER

Do you know when this is likely to end?

Marie1959

I agree cover yourselves by paying with credit cards better being safe than sorry

R&A4EVER

I paid by debit card and fly with them next week :/ oh GAWD!!!!

gabriel612

Oooh hope it ends soon, flying for the first time with Tunis air from Manchester 26th of this month. I have been in the past delayed by snow, had a flight cancelled due to volcanic ash. Hope they can sort things soon.

gabriel612

Oooh hope it ends soon, flying for the first time with Tunis air from Manchester 26th of this month. I have been in the passed delayed by snow, had a flight cancelled due to volcanic ash. Hope they can sort things soon.
I paid by debit card and fly with them next week :/ oh GAWD!!!!
I too paid by debit card:(

ROULLA

Oh joys :( This is my first time with Tunisair I normally go BA! Not sure where we stand!
Good morning hope that you are well! I tried to call Tunis Air but it was engaged for a long time, i finally got through and was told by a new lady that she did not know anything about it:eek:she then asked me when i was travelling and i told her that i was not but that a few members on a forum that i use are going and were slightly worried, guess what she asked me, "Why are you concerned about other people" :mad: I told her that there is this forum that tries to HELP people but not too sure if she knew what HELP was;)...She told me that she will look into it but now right now:( When she said that i then went on to say " Well i would have thought that this is a very important question and that people needed to know ASAP" She said she would find out later:eek:Waiting for someone else that i know who is very helpful so here is hoping that she will get back to me today.

gabriel612

Just called my booking agent and was told I won't know until 10 days before if this will affect me. Then I have 3 choices, to hang on and see if I can fly, change the booking to later date with no expenses if next flight more expensive, or a full refund changed over to another tour agent like T Cooks or Thomson. So its just a waiting game. Just my luck. Can't go until after Xmas if I don't go this time due to work commitments:)

gabriel612

Good morning hope that you are well! I tried to call Tunis Air but it was engaged for a long time, i finally got through and was told by a new lady that she did not know anything about it:eek:she then asked me when i was travelling and i told her that i was not but that a few members on a forum that i use are going and were slightly worried, guess what she asked me, "Why are you concerned about other people" :mad: I told her that there is this forum that tries to HELP people but not too sure if she knew what HELP was;)...She told me that she will look into it but now right now:( When she said that i then went on to say " Well i would have thought that this is a very important question and that people needed to know ASAP" She said she would find out later:eek:Waiting for someone else that i know who is very helpful so here is hoping that she will get back to me today.
My agent just told me they only know 10 days in advance and as of yet it is not affecting me and nothing was showing on computer yet????????

R&A4EVER

Thank you Roulla for trying to find out some further information for us :) what a nice gesture of you.

I hope that we will be ok and this won't affect us too much.

R&A4EVER

My agent just told me they only know 10 days in advance and as of yet it is not affecting me and nothing was showing on computer yet????????
Gabriel!!

I booked through expedia so I had better get on the phones!

MellieC

if you have cancellation insurance, does it cover strike action?

i feel for those people who have already had the hotel strikes affect their holidays, if they then got stranded at tunis too?

i wonder if they (strikers) are hoping it will be sorted in their favour quickly as in BEFORE EID ~ plenty of returning tunisians to spend Eid with their famillies?

then watch the knock on effect if it does ~ one by one going on strike for more money!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know when this is likely to end?
Well normally a company like Tunisair would declare itself in administration and then be restructured/broken up.

Ergo maybe the Tunisian government should be happy to the unions as they are going to kill the goose.

But on a serious note if you saw the board of directors of Tunisair you would understand that there are too many parties involved, also the number of staff per plane is x of other competitors.

Its currently a job creation scheme and I feel sorry for all the hardworking profesional staff who work there and there are many.

I would have thought that after the revolution it would be about saving jobs not getting more money but it seems not to be the case. This will be a battleground for the new government i hear stories now of strikes descending into violence in a package company the other day imagine if a foreign company owns that factory.....move it to China/india/vietnam where its safer and cheaper.

http://www.businessnews.com.tn/Tunisie---24-personnes-séquestrées-à-Cogitel-et-la-crise-syndicale-se-poursuit,520,27429,3

ROULLA

Just called my booking agent and was told I won't know until 10 days before if this will affect me. Then I have 3 choices, to hang on and see if I can fly, change the booking to later date with no expenses if next flight more expensive, or a full refund changed over to another tour agent like T Cooks or Thomson. So its just a waiting game. Just my luck. Can't go until after Xmas if I don't go this time due to work commitments:)
Good morning Gabriel hope that you are well! No one will be able to tell you anything about your flight yet because like you said it is in 10 days time and by then you never know what will happen, no one does really when you think about it.:)

Thank you Roulla for trying to find out some further information for us :) what a nice gesture of you.
I hope that we will be ok and this won't affect us too much.
I have just spoken to this other lovely young lady whom i have always found very helpful and she has told me that she is also unaware about the situation but she assured me that all passengers would be on the flight and that they have other staff always on hand so try not too worry :)

R&A4EVER

Good morning Gabriel hope that you are well! No one will be able to tell you anything about your flight yet because like you said it is in 10 days time and by then you never know what will happen, no one does really when you think about it.:)

I have just spoken to this other lovely young lady whom i have always found very helpful and she has told me that she is also unaware about the situation but she assured me that all passengers would be on the flight and that they have other staff always on hand so try not too worry :)

Oh brilliant so my flight on tuesday will be ok hopefully! i think i will call expedia anyway and see where i stand and also prepare my parents for a bail out flight with alternative airline!!

Marie1959

Roulla you are a lovely lady trying to find things out for others always. The problem is no one will know until the last minute whether it will affect them or not, so its just another waiting game hoping it gets sorted soon.
I fear that many will follow suit now and if they get what they are asking even more will follow wanting the same, you can not blame anyone for wanting a better life for themselves and more money I just wish that striking wasnt they way everyone seems to use but it is better that rioting and violence

ROULLA

Roulla you are a lovely lady trying to find things out for others always. The problem is no one will know until the last minute whether it will affect them or not, so its just another waiting game hoping it gets sorted soon.
I fear that many will follow suit now and if they get what they are asking even more will follow wanting the same, you can not blame anyone for wanting a better life for themselves and more money I just wish that striking wasnt they way everyone seems to use but it is better that rioting and violence
Good morning Marie hope that this message reaches you and your family all in good health! Thank you for the compliment that was so sweet of you but it really is not a bother at all. And yes you are right i also hope that these people get what they want but the thing is they seem to be always on strike, you would have thought that they go on strike once, twice and sort it all out but it obviously this is not the case. Tunis Air need to sort it and sort it out fast because this will put tourist off if this keeps happening.:)

crazypink

We fly saturday - have not heard anything from Tunisair regarding this. Inshallah we will be ok :confused: