Tunis Air

Trulymadlydeeply

Customer service a big fat zero with Tunisair. I'd rather do a stop over with Air France. They do nothing to help themselves :-(

Jane BM

Lots of indirect flights now, many with quite a short stopover time too...and a fraction of Tunisairs price.

ROULLA

I may have to look into a stop over. The problem is when you calculate getting from A to B it may work out the same price as you would pay with Tunis Air.

Scottochott

I've just booked for next week from Edinburgh with Air France, via Paris to Tunis, half the price of going via London with Tunisair and a lot more comfortable! They also offered insurance for 2 weeks for £11, I phoned to make sure it's valid and it is, the small print states insurance is valid unless the FCO advise against "all travel", but as current advice is against "all but essential travel" their insurance is valid. £279 inc luggage, meals and insurance.

Tbh I'd have paid more to avoid Tunisair anyway as I hate them, also the stopovers were much more convenient, only 45 mins outbound and 1hr 5 mins return. Flight times much better too. Would definitely advise this for anyone looking for Scottish flights. There was an even cheaper Lufthansa option via Frankfurt but inconvenient times and an overnight stopover on return.

Waqar

Does anyone know if the likes of Thomson , Thomas Cook etc will resume flying back from UK to Tunisia in July this year ?

Scottochott

Does anyone know if the likes of Thomson , Thomas Cook etc will resume flying back from UK to Tunisia in July this year ?

No. They said they'll review it in October, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

U.K. flights are only available with Tunisair, but cheaper and better options are via Europe with the likes of Air France or Lufthansa.

ROULLA

Aslemma

T.Cook reported this some time ago now so it seems the only direct option will be Tunisair from Heathrow or Gatwick, which isn't too bad for those from the London area but a nightmare for many others.

ROULLA

The latest is that no flights until at least may 2017 with T.Cook/Thomson
Hi Scott, Hope that you are well!
I didn't know that, can you please state where you saw it or even better copy and paste it on here for everyone to read as that would be helpful :)

Scottochott

Hi Scott, Hope that you are well!
I didn't know that, can you please state where you saw it or even better copy and paste it on here for everyone to read as that would be helpful :)

Was posted here recently, is on various Facebook news feeds, and on the company websites

ROULLA

Was posted here recently, is on various Facebook news feeds, and on the company websites
Well I'm using my mobile which only has a small screen and quite tricky to copy and paste. Could you please copy and paste it here, thank you

W3ndy

Latest Travel News
Tunisia
Latest Update: 12 April 2016 - 11:02

There has been no change to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office advice with regards to travel to Tunisia, which remains against all but essential travel to the country.

In light of this, and given that we have no clear indication as to when the FCO travel advice may change, Thomas Cook can confirm that it has taken the decision to cancel all bookings to Tunisia up to and including 24 May 2017. We appreciate that this may be frustrating for our customers who have been looking forward to their holiday and we would like to assure them that we are doing our upmost to ensure they are still able to enjoy a Thomas Cook holiday by offering the following options:

ROULLA

Latest Travel News
Tunisia
Latest Update: 12 April 2016 - 11:02

There has been no change to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office advice with regards to travel to Tunisia, which remains against all but essential travel to the country.

In light of this, and given that we have no clear indication as to when the FCO travel advice may change, Thomas Cook can confirm that it has taken the decision to cancel all bookings to Tunisia up to and including 24 May 2017. We appreciate that this may be frustrating for our customers who have been looking forward to their holiday and we would like to assure them that we are doing our upmost to ensure they are still able to enjoy a Thomas Cook holiday by offering the following options:
Thank you W3ndy :)

Scottochott

For anyone trying alternative airlines...

Air France offers insurance which would be valid, as the terms state except when travelling if FCO advice is "against all travel"

Lufthansa's insurance would however not be valid as the terms state except when travelling if FCO advice is "against all but essential travel". This step lower in the rating required brings Tunisia under this category.

Waqar

So booked direct flights from London to Tunis going end of July till August= by the time added baggage and stop overs made more sense just to get there..just need to book travel insurance that covers "strikes" etc- anyone know of any insurance providers who will cover this?

Louise1980

Does anyone know how reliable tunisair are in terms of cancellations? I am not bothered too much by delays but worried about how often they cancel flights.

sass

Does anyone know how reliable tunisair are in terms of cancellations? I am not bothered too much by delays but worried about how often they cancel flights.
Never had one cancelled, last flight was even on time! A miracle, I use them cos I can't stand the long travel using a transfer, I live in Devon so have already travelled enough by the time I get to the airport :)

scotty_bambam

I had one cancelled.was really inconvenient as the alternative offered wasn't viable.but hey ho,its not their fault the plane was half empty.

Shazza100

I had one cancelled.was really inconvenient as the alternative offered wasn't viable.but hey ho,its not their fault the plane was half empty.
Really? Was that the reason given that the plane was half empty? How much notice did they give you regarding the cancellation and was it a flight from London? My husband has just booked a Tunis air flight. I've flown with them previously and all has been fine..I'm worried now if they just cancel flights..