Tunisia has the highest divorce rate

ROULLA

Low wage.low income
Fair enough, I know some people have it really tough but I wouldn't want to start a family knowing that I was unable to provide for my children, would you?

Last edited:

Rosewater

Fair enough, I know some people have it really tuff but I wouldn't want to start a family knowing that I was unable to provide for my children, would you?
No
Well honestly. I don't think about marriage. I only want to work and travel the world and meet new people

ROULLA

Sorry I apologize.
I was talking about tunisian women.
There are many Tunisian women Dont wanna work and wait for someone to marry them and take care of them.
I really dislike that
Even if this is wrong it's not really for anyone to judge really because if the man that's marrying her doesn't have a problem then who are we to intervene. If my husband was loaded then I also wouldn't want to work for anyone either.
Are you telling me that if you married a women that was loaded, you'd put your alarm clock on to wake you up at 6.00am to go to work?

Rosewater

Even if this is wrong it's not really for anyone to judge really because if the man that's marrying her doesn't have a problem then who are we to intervene. If my husband was loaded then I also wouldn't want to work for anyone either.
Are you telling me that if you married a women that was loaded, you'd put your alarm clock on to wake you up at 6.00am to go to work?
Loaded? Don't get u

ROULLA

No
Well honestly. I don't think about marriage. I only want to work and travel the world and meet new people
That's fair enough, at least you know what you want in life.

ROULLA

Don't care if she has money.
I don't marry for money
I'm glad to hear that. There are so many people that marry for materialistic purposes which is so sad.
I'd rather have a good husband who loves and respects me and a family who are all healthy rather than materialistic things.
Without your health there's nothing

Lovinglife

Sorry to say "speechless" with this I think having a loving relationship means 100% with each of the loving parties in every way,cuz if was to Tunisia and chill with my man. I hope we both take turns making each other happy. Come on fighting about money is the least of my worries cuz money comes and goes. I expected him to work hard for his money and I will do the same. I will work to have bread and butter at the table indeed so..
Sorry I apologize.
I was talking about tunisian women.
There are many Tunisian women Dont wanna work and wait for someone to marry them and take care of them.
I really dislike that
/

Lovinglife

So true is hardly to say. when I have my love saying ever thing will be ok and we will be happy in Every way. cuz there is no way I am paying for ever thing when I am with him. I don't drink or smoke.. I just love food and painting and take pictures. I petty much lay back kind of girl. One On my way! Time ago can't con a con lol indeed.

Jane BM

Many tunisian women don't work and want for a husband to take care of them!! bloody wankers!!!, we serious need to get ride of this mentality!!!! ,
I agree to be honest, but I do think times are now changing slightly....I think more and more young couples realise that they BOTH need to work, that the onus of financial support is not purely the husbands responsibility....that in order to have a decent quality of life they need two incomes.

gem15

Of all the Tunisian couples I know I don't know any of them where the woman stays at home. They're all working mothers and have demanding jobs at that.

Moonsky

Scotty - alas the majority are like that. Cold comfort to you I know and as others have said on this page, ingrained attitudes are just that and the future doesn't look rosy.

To ladies involved in relationships with Tunisian men (these are generalities and not specific to your situation Scotty) do and/or say one or more of the following and MEAN IT ....

a) stop buying everything/being like a domestic ATM/working harder than him and doing the housework as well
b) say you love them but you have decided that marriage is now an outmoded concept but...
c) if you did change your mind and marry you would only do so with a pre-nup
d) you adore Tunisia and want to stay and die here
e) his family is HIS family and not your responsibility therefore Mother is never going to live with you (unless you want it of course)
f) in your culture couples enjoy time together both in/out of the home (deal breaker)

then see how things progress...

Indeed, there are some fair minded and loving Tunisian men but rare... very rare.... both culture and attitudes ingrained for life...

I do wish you the best of luck and sorry you have to work so many hours. I know what that's like.

ROULLA

Scotty - alas the majority are like that. Cold comfort to you I know and as others have said on this page, ingrained attitudes are just that and the future doesn't look rosy.

To ladies involved in relationships with Tunisian men (these are generalities and not specific to your situation Scotty) do and/or say one or more of the following and MEAN IT ....

a) stop buying everything/being like a domestic ATM/working harder than him and doing the housework as well
b) say you love them but you have decided that marriage is now an outmoded concept but...
c) if you did change your mind and marry you would only do so with a pre-nup
d) you adore Tunisia and want to stay and die here
e) his family is HIS family and not your responsibility therefore Mother is never going to live with you (unless you want it of course)
f) in your culture couples enjoy time together both in/out of the home (deal breaker)

then see how things progress...

Indeed, there are some fair minded and loving Tunisian men but rare... very rare.... both culture and attitudes ingrained for life...

I do wish you the best of luck and sorry you have to work so many hours. I know what that's like.
Hi Moonsky, Hope that you are well! To be honest with you I'm Greek and although I knew my mother in law,god rest her soul,I wouldn't have minded for her living we us. Same as when my mum is unable to cope by herself I want her to come and live with us and my husband hasn't got a problem with it either. I have to say that there are loads of people everywhere in the world that don't get on with their in laws but we have to cherish every moment with our parents/ families. They do say observed things sometimes but we have to ignore these things as life is so short, after all none of us our perfect . I wish my mother in law was still here.