Tunisian boyfriend

Nana

I am Nigerian and I recently started to date a Tunisian guy, not up to a month, he is so persistent about talking to my parents and saying he wants us to be honest and keep our parents involved. He works two jobs and says he’s ok with his pay. We actually met on a dating app, do you guys think he has hidden motives?

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Nana and welcome. Are you currently living in Nigeria or elsewhere? To meet on a dating app and he wants to involve your parents after a couple of weeks does seem strange. Read through some of the threads on here then fire away with your questions

Nana

Hi, I’m currently living in Nigeria and I’m still schooling but he says he wants to do things the Islamic way by involving our parents and that he would wait until I’m ready.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I’m currently living in Nigeria and I’m still schooling but he says he wants to do things the Islamic way by involving our parents and that he would wait until I’m ready.

Forget about a boyfriend

Concentrate on school

Get good grades

Fulfil your potential and reach a point where you have a career and know what you want.

Meet someone who compliments that.

You're too young to consider marriage and I would hope your parents say the same thing.

Nana

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much, I really do appreciate.

Sorry to sound horrible.

Men can be selfish they want what's best for them in most cases. You have to put yourself first and I for one could never imagine being a uneducated mum with a husband who can just run away to his country any time.

Lots of women enter islamic marriages and the guy leaves and they have nothing but empty promises.

Please note that some boys sit in cafes and message women all day.

Where you going to move to Tunisia or he to come to Nigeria? I know a few Nigerian mums...they scare 100Kg+ Nigerian men and i expect they have a bullshit/badboy detector as sharp as Tunisian parents so i doubt he would come to Nigeria.

Nana

Lol yeah Nigerian mums could be really scary. He said he was gonna come to Nigeria but he has even stopped picking my calls or replying my texts and I don’t even know why. Either ways, I hope it’s for the better though.