Tunisian Crafts - art and glass

Essem

Staff member
21 April 2011  crafts 008.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 007.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 006.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 005.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 004.jpg:cool:

Essem

Staff member
Tunisian Crafts

21 April 2011  crafts 013.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 010.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 012.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 011.jpg21 April 2011  crafts 009.jpg:cool:

Essem

Staff member
Yes Cas........................

ROULLA

Hi Essem they are really nice Essem , i do like creating things..did we not have a lady that used to make these in Tunisia, she was a member on here a long time ago, she used to make these glass bottles as well, do you remember ?

Essem

Staff member
Yes now that you mention it Roulla, I do recall someone. This very talented lady, however, isn't a member.

Janan

Banned
Very nice , I did not know about these products, thank that you posted, I like it very much!

Essem

Staff member
Zen Crafts, Hammam Sousse

Zen, Hergla & couscous 001.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 004.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 003.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 002.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 005.jpg

Essem

Staff member
MOre Zen

Zen, Hergla & couscous 006.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 008.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 007.jpgZen, Hergla & couscous 009.jpg

chiquita

These are beautiful. I paint on glass myself sometimes, but its mainly for birthday presents and things like that. I do love to see fine art from different cultures. xx

C

Cas

Went to buy paints to paint on unusual shaped jars for tealights outdoors, also gold outlining paint, was so expensive I didn`t bother in the end.

Essem

Staff member
Sousse 'Foire Internationale' 17th to 26th June, 2011. A few pix - lots more on tunisia.com Facebook.
exhibition 039.jpgexhibition 059.jpgexhibition 049.jpgexhibition 079.jpgexhibition 045.jpg

C

Cas

Does anyone have background info of the international art show/competition that took or is still taking place in Monastir by the marina right now?

lainie

will be there sunday.
will let you know, cas.
xxxx

newtosousse

Does anyone have background info of the international art show/competition that took or is still taking place in Monastir by the marina right now?
How long is it on for?

ROULLA

Hi Cas hope that you and your husband had a fantastic time. Cas i am not too sure if this is what you are after but i have copied and pasted it for you anyway..
International Festival of Visual Arts in Monastir Honors Tunisian and Foreign Artists

The International Festival of Visual Arts of Monastir started Monday, September 12th with the showcasing of a collective of Tunisian artists in the presence of a significant number of professional painters from Europe, America and Asia.
Many participants have already expressed their enjoyment in rediscovering Tunisia after the January 14th revolution, which strengthens freedom, democracy and the end of totalitarian regimes.
The program of this festival is organized into four exhibitions, among which one exhibit was showcased in the Kheireddine Palace in the Medina of Tunis on Monday.
Mr. Mohsen Gtari, president of the Association of Fine Arts of Monastir (ABAM) and the manager of the festival, claimed that during the festival, he will sign a contract of partnership between ABAM and the Union of the Ukrainian Artists. This will cement the friendship between Monastirian and Ukrainian painters and will strengthen the links of cooperation in both the cultural and artistic domains.
Workshops, excursions and the several evenings events and shows are planned for the festival, which is set to end on September 22nd.
Among the artists who are present: Mr. Michael Passmair, Mr. Alexey Anissimov, and Mrs. Ania Swoboda.

C

Cas

Thanks so much Roulla, yes this was it. Artists from everywhere including Canada and impressive display of work, most of it themed on Monastir but not all. A young persons workshop was also taking place. I wondered if artists had been invited to come and paint/display or how it worked.
Had a great two weeks and such a lovely time with Essem and friends. Must say Sousse looks better than ever, only thing we missed was our trip down to Douz but things will be back to normal.

lainie

popped into art festival at monastir marina today and to be honest not that impressed!
many european artists and not great style - kinda cliched artwork IMHO.
prices ranged from 400 to 600 tnd.
there were a few locals in painiting "live" which was nice but they tried to flog us postcards for 2 tnd each, NOT!
made us want to come home and knock up a wee canvas or two and flog it at greatly inflated prices.

torsten

Oh wow this is good! It is a nice collection. I loved d way it is being created. It is looking ravishing and antique. The designs and d color code is simply awesome. I wish I could buy all of it. I also wish d prices would have been cheaper.