Tunisian Driving Licence in the US

Amr

Hello Everyone,
I am traveling to Arizona on a business visit visit for about 3 weeks .
I am thinking , my best option would be to rent a car from the Airport that I can return back when I leave.
Does anyone know if the Tunisian Driving licence is valid there ? Should I get an international driving licence from Tunis or my regular one will do .

Jillimom

Hi - I found this on a website giving advice to visitors to the US:

International driver's license is not required

An international driver's license is not required in the US. You can usually rent a car and drive with a valid driver's license from your home country. An international license may be helpful in convincing the car rental agent that you really have a valid license when they cannot recognize or understand your license. Some rental agencies will not rent cars to anyone less than 25 years old. Other agencies will rent to young people but will charge a higher fee. Some agencies will not rent to anyone over 71 years old. Be sure to check on these restrictions if you are in these age categories.

I am not sure if you should at least get your license translated so they can understand it but you could probably do without that. Have a great trip - Arizona is a beautiful place. Will you have time to see any of the sights?

Amr

Jillimom, Thank you very much :)
This is really helpfull.
I will be on client site all the week so I'll only get some time off in the weekends , but I haven't got anything planned yet because this visit came at short notice.
Do you have any suggestions?

Jillimom

That depends on where you will be in Arizona...Phoenix? Flagstaff? Tuscon? The Grand Canyon is the obvious thing to see but it does take time. There are some amazing ruins in that area too. Sedona is a beautiful, surreal place with red mountains. If you like trying different kinds of food, there is a ton of variety there...Mexican food, Native American foods, etc. There are lots of things to see....Google the area where you will be and I am sure you can find a few things that can be reached easily on the weekends. Have a great trip!

Amr

Thank you Jillimom ,
I am already there in Phoenix , and I'll try all of these different places during the weekends,
I've been to Tempe and the old town this week and tried mexican and south american food so far .

Jillimom

Glad you made it safely...enjoy your trip!