Tunisian food is spicy hot......or not??

Essem

Staff member
Tunisian food is spicy hot and there is an old wife’s tale that says a husband can judge his wife’s affections by the amount of hot peppers she uses when preparing his food. If the food becomes bland then a man may believe that his wife no longer loves him.

ROULLA

Hi Essem,

My husband definaetly knows that i love him as i make the food so hot and spicy his forehead pours with sweat whilst eating, can't imagine the other parts that are not uncovered............................

Trulymadlydeeply

Funny you should say that Essem, towards the end of my marriage, sometimes I really didnt want to even cook for my EX. He used to say to me,"this tastes like you have really cooked it from your heart!!" So maybe the tale is true x x

ROULLA

Hi Truly,

Are you saying that you cooked your husband bland food Truly, not even a touch of spice............................

Trulymadlydeeply

Towards the end you dont even want to know what was in it!!!!! :D

ROULLA

Hi Truly,

No but i am trying to imagine and quite frankly i feel sick....if its the kind of things that i am thinking....................nevermind i'm sure that he enjoyed it.....he grew bigger did'nt he.............

Trulymadlydeeply

Pass the pampers ;) :D x x

ROULLA

Just thought Essem your in a very cookery kind of mood this evening...first the cookery lesson then the crochet lesson are you trying to tell us something..........

Essem

Staff member
Don't cook and can't cast on...........

ROULLA

Essem, it don't mean that because you can't cook that you can't do anything...to me you are a very intelligent person, you can't have brains for everything otherwise you would not be normal..............you would be a geni out of the bottle x

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla

I can cook, I just don't cook (much). I grant you 3 wishes...............

ROULLA

If nly that was possible 1st wish to buy big house for orphans 2nd to guide and look after them as best i can. 3rd wish to make good things happen for others....Hope that you are working on them.....when do they come true...

Essem

Staff member
They come true when you follow your dreams...stay focused...

arabchique

Coyote said:
should read "...no longer loves him and therefore stops paralyzing his sense of taste".
I love my spicy food ... soooo much ... :D

I used to get my own special "harrissa" mix from the chef at the hotel we stayed in ... :eek:

xx

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I end up cooking all the time and/take away.

Maybe Hajer hates me!

woudlg

I end up cooking all the time and/take away.

Maybe Hajer hates me!
My husband would say the same....better not let him read this thread lol

SilverMoonlight

Tunisian food is spicy hot and there is an old wife’s tale that says a husband can judge his wife’s affections by the amount of hot peppers she uses when preparing his food. If the food becomes bland then a man may believe that his wife no longer loves him.

Hi Essem!

I really liked what you wrote here. Nice tale!

woudlg

If it works in reverse - then my husband must absolutely adore me, he's always making me food that I need to wash down with a fire hydrant LOL

[email protected]

i don't like spicy food.i can bear a ltlle spicy but not that much.no indian,tunisian and other spicy food for me.
but i ate in Tunisia(usually ...brikhehe!)and tried Spicy foods.i'll starve if ever going back?no.there is always brik and bread!and dates!!!good energy!

ROULLA

Morning Lara mou,

Hope that you are in good health ! You can always have the exact same dishes as everyone else , just ask the cook to make it bland....I also do not like Indian food as the smell just puts me off, but when you eat a bit of spice like harrissa you get used to it and then you really cant stop....Bezeline (zjelben) tastes lovely with harrissa for example............have a nice day x x