Tunisian food is spicy hot......or not??

[email protected]

Morning Lara mou,

Hope that you are in good health ! You can always have the exact same dishes as everyone else , just ask the cook to make it bland....I also do not like Indian food as the smell just puts me off, but when you eat a bit of spice like harrissa you get used to it and then you really cant stop....Bezeline (zjelben) tastes lovely with harrissa for example............have a nice day x x

:):)thanks Roulla!have a nice weekend !!!

ROULLA

Hi Lara mou,

Try and taste harrissa when you next go to Tunisia and you may even like it, its very nice spice...You can even put some on a plate with some olive oil and just dip bread in it , it's really nice...............x

feefad

Roulla I have to totally agree, harissa is pretty addictive, especially with olive oil and bread!! Although i can't believe the smell of Indian food puts you off it, I can't go by a take away without my mouth watering :)

ROULLA

Ok Feefad,
you get the harrissa and i will go get the baguette and olives, oh and don't forget the olive oil...Be there in 5 mins.....:D

MM4AS

my fiance is a good cook but he really struggled when he started cooking for me as he couldn't get used to putting in a small enough amount of harissa, there were some meals all I could eat was the bread! However, he got the hang of it, and I've gradually started eating things a bit hotter each time I visit.

The really weird thing is that when we had a curry which I like mild to medium, he thought it was really hot. I wolfed it down, while he was sweating and his mouth was tingling. The same sort of thing happened when I did garlic mushrooms, he loved them but his brother and a cousin said the garlic was too 'hot' and spicy for them.

SilverMoonlight

Hi Lara mou,

Try and taste harrissa when you next go to Tunisia and you may even like it, its very nice spice...You can even put some on a plate with some olive oil and just dip bread in it , it's really nice...............x

That sounds really tasty. I will try it too!

ROULLA

ROULLA

Are you really confused, well put it this way i could eat harrissa before i go to the beach but i will need to wear pampers nappies..x

Tunisianbelle

ROTFLOL Sorry Roulla. I used to be the same way, but have become habituated to harissa and the spicy salda michweya. Before though I used to have to stick close to the bathrooms! :p

SilverMoonlight

Are you really confused, well put it this way i could eat harrissa before i go to the beach but i will need to wear pampers nappies..x

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe ..............
:D:D:D:D

ROULLA

Hi Tunisianbelle the problem is i mix a lot of things together, my favourite is slata minswaya but the problem is you have never seen how much of this i eat...yummy home made delicious x

SilverMoonlight

ROTFLOL Sorry Roulla. I used to be the same way, but have become habituated to harissa and the spicy salda michweya. Before though I used to have to stick close to the bathrooms! :p

This is so funny!!!
Maybe harissa is the solution to my problem then.... :D:D:D

ROULLA

And silver mou Tunisia is not like Cyprus where there is a toilet at every beach so if you get stuck you get stuck and if there is not a taxi available then boy i do feel sorry for myself...

SilverMoonlight

And silver mou Tunisia is not like Cyprus where there is a toilet at every beach so if you get stuck you get stuck and if there is not a taxi available then boy i do feel sorry for myself...

Ohhhhhh,
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehe,

stop that I fell off my couch ... :D:D

ROULLA

Hope that you can now relax and have a wonderful day x

Tunisianbelle

Hi Tunisianbelle the problem is i mix a lot of things together, my favourite is slata minswaya but the problem is you have never seen how much of this i eat...yummy home made delicious x
I make a lot and will eat the whole thing myself! :) It is my FAVORITE thing to eat - especially during the summer.

In fact, I'm going to eat some today :D

ROULLA

Oh Tb the nearest that i have to that is the one in the jar......Bonna petite x Yartek saha

SilverMoonlight

I make a lot and will eat the whole thing myself! :) It is my FAVORITE thing to eat - especially during the summer.

In fact, I'm going to eat some today :D

Yummyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!