Tunisian Food

huttan

not jelly for me...you mean pickled herring.... maybe Huttan? i love it...blame my Norwegian mother!:)
I blame google translator if its wrong translation lol...in swedish "surströmming"...its sour and yeast for some time.

Your not thinking of the usual herrings on cans that you can get with different taste?But that is not sour and yeast.

KheeKhee

I blame google translator if its wrong translation lol...in swedish "surströmming"...its sour and yeast for some time.

Your not thinking of the usual herrings on cans that you can get with different taste?But that is not sour and yeast.
not sure Huttan..but as a child I ate Norwegian fish in everything! still love it

huttan

not sure Huttan..but as a child I ate Norwegian fish in everything! still love it
Think you would remembered the smell...it smeels like the gas from a cow with a bad stomach lol:D

Scottochott

And I think we can leave that there, thanks :)

Thread reminder...Tunisian food\dishes please

Scottochott

We never actually made it to regional foods!

Personally I could live off brik and ojja. Found ojja in Gafsa with mint, mmmm (thanks for the taster Essem)

Jane BM

Personally I could live off brik and ojja. Found ojja in Gafsa with mint, mmmm (thanks for the taster Essem)
If you threw in a bit of merguez as well im with you on that!!

ROULLA

Think you would remembered the smell...it smeels like the gas from a cow with a bad stomach lol:D
Sounds very apertising:p

ROULLA

I like Tustera:)very much like ojja

Essem

Staff member
Seen a few times on tv, I think it's an acquired taste! Would rather have fresh herring in oatmeal though!

Had great BBQ the other day: prawns, sea bass, and bream...salad, bread, bottle of rose...sorted

BBQ was delish! (one bottle of rose??? :p )

cinders

BBQ was delish! (one bottle of rose??? :p )
yes im with you on that essem it was fab and with STC as chef ,he done a fab job so think he should be the resident chef at all times eh ? loving your work STC .cant wait for the next one ;)

Essem

Staff member
tunen food.jpg

3ousben and couscous!

Mezoo

VIP Member
our friend here in jacksonville in a tunisian guy from bizerte(ville). another is from Bizerte. they own restaurant tunis subs and wings. anway,,,nour just went down to the halal meat supplier and we are going to have homemade merguez .................... with a pile of homemade harissa and a great big baguette. that's my snack for this weekend...

S

suzanne

Anyone looking for Baked Beans??

Essem

Staff member
Couscous with meat, peppers, chick peas and pomegranite seeds.

100_2932.JPG

Jane BM

Wow that's a hunk of meat!

Essem

Staff member
Speciality cheeses from Beja

Goat's cheese - rigouta (on the right)

100_2956.JPG

and on the left sbina or sbin

100_2955.JPG

Essem

Staff member