Tunisian Food

selz

lol yeah the family did n they were like yeah these r "different" mayb a bit of less cooking nxt time........haha yeah mayb a bit of oil nxt time :) rock hard egg not runny...mmm not a gud taste.

VivB

ha ha I love it you've reassurred me that I'm not the only one who finds the cooking thing hard !!

sparkle

ha ha
im glad your coming to mine for dinner saturday nic and not the other way round might have had to fake a headache
only joking x x x

Trulymadlydeeply

Nicola at least you know it must be love, most men especially Tunisian men (in my experience) the way to their heart is through their bellies :D

Sana

preparing Couscous

couscous is a semolina cooked with the vapor , after cooking with a sauce. The sauce is composed of various contents such as vegetables,spices, fish, octopuses, lamb, beef, chicken...
As u Know Aid Il Adha is soon , so u can prepare couscous with Osbane ( it's the best dish in this event) or with sheep's meat , it is very delicious as well :)
so don't forget to prepare it in Aid Il Adha ;)

crazypink

Love couscous!
My mother-in-law taught me 2 make it properly & always sends me home with lots of spices 2 keep me goin. She tut-tuted at my 2 minute couscous from a packet lol!!
Takes an hour or so 2 make bt its well worth the wait. I put lots of veg in mine.
x x x x

arabchique

Depends how hungry you are Crazy, whether you go for the 2 minute or 2 hours couscous.

A la Jamie Oliver!!! lol

xxxx

Scoobydoo

Aimsley Harriet does a good range too! ;-)

selz

Kezza said:
I can cook 2 mins cous cous from a packet, but wouldn't know where to start with the two hours cooking.
LOL i'll need 2 get u cookin then i see... :D

selz

My best meal ever over there Cous Cous & Lamb.....mmmm lovely, even more the better wen it's taken soooooooo long 4 them 2 prepare it.

K

Kassie

Kezza said:
I can't wait for you to show me how too cook, I'm hoping it wont take too much practise. And i'll write it down as I go along, so I don't have to bother you again with it :) x x x The kitchin is for US ;) and any other guests that wanna visit and show me how to make a Tunisian dish (without burning down cathi's house! ) :p
Kez....just for youuuuuuuu! ahhhhh nice!!! ;)

xxxx

sparkle

i got one of the proper pots to cook it in when i was in tunisia its fantastic x x

sparkle

i cook all the meat and veg and sauce in my slow cooker for 7 hours and then do the cous cous its delicious the lamb just melts in your mouth

Sana

www.tunisia.com

Hi sparkle
do u cook couscous for 7 hours? :D it's a long time .

deemo21

I have learned everything about Tunisian cooking from my husband and his family but for anyone who is starting out or just wants to add to their repotoire there is a really good recipe book on Amazon called Tunisia - Meditteranian Cooking, it has lots of recipies for cous cous, soups etc..x

selz

Kezza said:
I can't wait for you to show me how too cook, I'm hoping it wont take too much practise. And i'll write it down as I go along, so I don't have to bother you again with it :) x x x The kitchin is for US ;) and any other guests that wanna visit and show me how to make a Tunisian dish (without burning down cathi's house! ) :p
It is indeed 4 us but like u say if any1 did wana cook traditional 4 us 1 nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEEL FREE...:D

sparkle

no silly i cook the meat int he sauce in my slow cooker for 7 hours i cook the cous cous for 1 hour

selz

Heehee Sparkle..............
x

Tunisianbelle

there is a really good recipe book on Amazon called Tunisia - Meditteranian Cooking, it has lots of recipies for cous cous, soups etc..x
Nice to know. Does it include spices found in Tunisia or spices that are found outside?

I have learned how to cook from my husbands family and from friends, but would like a book in English to learn some "extras". But I live in Tunisia so I need a book that deals with spices found here.

Cathibou

Nice to know. Does it include spices found in Tunisia or spices that are found outside?

I have learned how to cook from my husbands family and from friends, but would like a book in English to learn some "extras". But I live in Tunisia so I need a book that deals with spices found here.

They sell a recipe book in the soula centre for the tourists but it isnt expensive and the recipes are quite authentic, it is translated into many languages
Cx