Tunisian Kitchen

ROULLA

Hi Brisasss,

Hope that you are in good health !
Sorry but can i ask you what is Harira as i don't know...............Take care..x

BRISASSS

Hi Brisasss,

Hope that you are in good health !
Sorry but can i ask you what is Harira as i don't know...............Take care..x

Hi Roulla, Harira is kind of soup of liced of lamb, lentils and chickpeas with tomato, onions, coriander and parsley.
It is a dish tradicionally served at sunset during ramadan in order to break the fast.....is a very rich dish :)
If you go to any arab or any restaurant where arab food is served you will find it on the menu...i recommend you to try, i really love harira, even you can find it in the arab shops... but is better to cook it :D xxx

ROULLA

Hi Brisasss,

That sounds really nice...without the meat ofcourse....I love vegetable soups and sheraba..................x

xxviki

hi everyone.
Someone has probably said one of the recipes, but i really want to cook a simple tunisian dish. But Im a fussy eater and wont eat certain foods like nuts etc.

I was wondering if someone could give me few recipes i can try out.

xxx

ROULLA

Hi Xxviki,

Hope that you are in good health!
I am not sure what kind of food do you usualy eat, do you like fish , meat or chicken once i know these things then i can give you a quick recipe.........

xxviki

Hi Xxviki,

Hope that you are in good health!
I am not sure what kind of food do you usualy eat, do you like fish , meat or chicken once i know these things then i can give you a quick recipe.........

Hi roulla,
I like most meats but do enjoy Chicken. Dont like most vegtables either . .
hope that can help.
Missing tunisian cooking :(

And Thanks
:) xxx

Sana

www.tunisia.com

Oh and I have to add.
This is not fair..... I'm on a diet ...... You destroy me.... :D:D
oh no silver :D Kafteji is very delicious , it doesn't make u fat :D u can eat some of it then practice a lot of sports

arabchique

oh no silver :D Kafteji is very delicious , it doesn't make u fat :D u can eat some of it then practice a lot of sports

I'd prefer to just 'practice' eating :D :D (not that I need to practice of course) What's cutlery?

xx

HAZELG

Thanks for this recipe, my boyfriends mother made this dish specially for me, I could not understand what she had made it from, now I know!

Trulymadlydeeply

pej that looks delicious......

ROULLA

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all in good health ! This is the only thing that i will not eat, can't stand the smell of it and i think that it looks awful .....sorry guys ....it also has powerful smell of cinnamin.....

pej

Thanks.

No problems Roulla, we can't all like the same things. Cinnamon, though...? Must have been a slightly different recipe.

Yes mum-in-law cooked this a few times while I was in Tunisia and I made it here with powdered m'loukhia leaves brought from Tunisia. In shops here I can only find either dried leaves which means a loooot of work before grinding enough powder - or frozen ones which are not suitable for this dish at all although my friends have Egyptian recipes where fresh or frozen leaves are used.

ROULLA

Hi Pej,

Hope that you are in good health !I have not seen you for a very long time....
Slata minswaya are the kind of things that i like and the good thing is that they are so easy....My favourite has to be couscous with sfin and obviously slata tunisie....

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Roulla, the shops along blackhorse road, would they maybe have these powdered leaves Pej is talking about???

ROULLA

Hi Truly,

Hope that you are in good health ! I will have a look tomorrow when i'm down there...would that not be far for Pej...BLACKSTOCK ROAD.....
Anyway what are you doing cause you are no where to be found......

pej

Thanks for thinking of me and my larder ;-) but yes it might be a bit far since I live in Sweden...

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Truly,

Hope that you are in good health ! I will have a look tomorrow when i'm down there...would that not be far for Pej...BLACKSTOCK ROAD.....
Anyway what are you doing cause you are no where to be found......

Hi Roulla, my health has not been so good again lately. Ikeep getting severe pains in my head!!! :( I have a doctors appointment for tomorrow. I find being on the PC makes it worse. The leaves were for me.....belli (spelling):D

Going to give at a whirl, sorry I know you are a veggie :)