Tunisian Kitchen

ROULLA

Hi Truly, Sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well and that you keep getting pain in you head, i do hope that you will be better soon....And yes i will look for you tomorrow and let you know what i find belli.mahaboulla or is it:rolleyes: delwisher more like it:D

ROULLA

Truly, you are more than welcome gogla.....

Tunisianbelle

I love this so much! It is absolutely delicious! The first time I had it was actually in the US - one of hubbys friends made it! I have been asking my MIL for the recipe but she just keeps telling "it's so difficult!" Now I can finally make it for myself! :)

ROULLA

Hi Tunisianbelle, you mean that you have wited for 9 years for the recipe, hope that it was worth waiting for....enjoy....

Tunisianbelle

Hi Tunisianbelle, you mean that you have wited for 9 years for the recipe, hope that it was worth waiting for....enjoy....

LOL It's not that bad - she'd make it for me anytime I wanted! :p

Speaking of food..........what should I have tomorrow? :confused:

[email protected]

i'm really hungry!i went home from office at 300 and we went to the super market which always take ages and i forgot to eat.i'll start eating my desk-now i'm back to work.lol
p.s.i'll take a look at the picture again with the danger of eating my laptop!!!!!!!!!

ROULLA

Tunisianbelle the greeks say that when a pregnant is pregnant she must eat whatever she desires, my hubby was always looking for odd things at 2 and 3 in the morning to satisfy my needs....My son has a small brownish mark on his arm and apparently that was when i fancied black olives or was it chickens liver...i went through a faze of liking chicken liver funny considering i dont eat meat.....

[email protected]

my little sister has a small sign in her cheek cause when my mother was pregnant went to a house and she saw some olives,wanted them desperately.so the tradition says that's the mark appeared!;-)

pej

In Tunisia they say that a pregnant woman must be given what she wants or the child will get a birthmark shaped like the thing the mum didn't get.

As for the m'loukhia it is not very difficult to make, mainly time consuming in my opinion...Then again the mum-in-law might be happy being the only one who knows how to make it!

ROULLA

Hi Lara mou,

Hope that you and your family are all in good health !
Yes thats what we believe but we are both greek, may sound strange to someone else.....Hope that you have not eaten your desk , you don't want to get splinters in your gum......x

[email protected]

Hi Lara mou,

Hope that you and your family are all in good health !
Yes thats what we believe but we are both greek, may sound strange to someone else.....Hope that you have not eaten your desk , you don't want to get splinters in your gum......x[/quote

:DI'll find something better at home i think!(than my desk)kisses :p

maktoub2000

Just love m'loukhia and as said already, it really isn't difficult to make. It is just soooo time consuming. Had m'loukhia in Egypt too - but not the same as the one I was taught to cook in Tunisia (Ghomrassen). Now seen these posts I will have to get organised and cook some!

maktoub2000

I just love making slata michwiya - but I don't add the eggs or olives either. I have a kanoun and so can roast the vegetables over that. My friends here love it too.

SilverMoonlight

nice salad.why i didn't taste not one of these tasty dishes ,you describe ,when i was in tunisia?i must come back!!!!!!!!!!lol
xxx

Yesssssssssssssssss, you should honey.

If you haven't tried all these recipes, I think you haven't really got a right "picture" of Tunisia. Hehehehehehehe :D:D

SilverMoonlight

Here i give the recipe of Salad michwiya , so that u can prepare it at home ;)
i know most tunisians like it , it's extremely delicious :)

Salad michwiya

Recipe
Tomatoes: 250g
Peppers: 250g
Hot peppers : 100g
Tuna: 100g
Olives: 100g
Eggs: 2

Garlic: 2 cloves
Lemon: 1
Onion: 1
Oil: 4 tablespoon
Caraway: 1 / 2 tablespoon
salt: according to taste

first of all ; boil 2 eggs and cut them into quarters, peel the cloves of garlic and grind them together with the caraway seeds and a large pinch of salt. Pit the olives and cut the tuna into pieces.

After that ; grill tomatoes, peppers , hot peppers and an onion of medium size in the oven or in live embers. Turn the vegetables several times and once they are cooked; wash , trim , peel, and cut them into pieces .
dress the mixture of garlic and caraway then correct salt.

finally ; prepare salad on a serving platter, sprinkle the oil and lemon juice and decorate it with olives, tuna pieces and eggs .

Sana

this is a really tastful salad. I like every ingriedient of it. And I have to admit I love tuna. I can live only with tuna hehehe.

God this is so yummyyyyyyyy :D:D

SilverMoonlight

oooh cant believe you havent tasted this. it's my favourite by my mother in law, love it with fresh bread.

Wooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Yes, with fresh bread. This must be heaven :D

BRISASSS

I love all kind of salads, (with no onion) this one looks lovely, i hope to do it soon...
Silver how can you be on diet??? diet should be forbidden... i love eating!!! i could not be on diet....good luck babe xxx

Sana

lettuce salad

Recipe

Lettuce: 750g
Black olives: 50g
Eggs: 2

Oil: 3 tablespoons
vinegar: 1 tsp
pepper :1 / 2 tablespoons
salt : according to taste

first of all ; shell the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into quarters. pit olives and cut it into halves. . thin out the leaves of
lettuce, wash and drain them one by one .
then ; cut and arrange the leaves in a bowl. Mix together oil and vinegar with salt and pepper and pour vinegar on the
lettuce.

Finally; decorate the salad with olives and quarters of hard boiled eggs then serve it. :)