Recipe

Lettuce: 750g
Black olives: 50g
Eggs: 2

Oil: 3 tablespoons
vinegar: 1 tsp
pepper :1 / 2 tablespoons
salt : according to taste

first of all ; shell the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into quarters. pit olives and cut it into halves. . thin out the leaves of
lettuce, wash and drain them one by one .
then ; cut and arrange the leaves in a bowl. Mix together oil and vinegar with salt and pepper and pour vinegar on the
lettuce.

Finally; decorate the salad with olives and quarters of hard boiled eggs then serve it. :)

So simple, but so yummy too!!!! :D

bobby g

Don't know if this could be classed as authentic tunisian cuisine, but it is delicious so thought I would pass it on. It could be adapted I'm sure.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
1kg boneless lamb shoulder , excess fat removed and cubed
300g large carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of saffron
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon tomato puree
100g dried ready to eat apricots
1 tablespoon clear honey
1 teaspoon orange flower water
8 pitted dates
2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley

heat oil in large heavy based pan. cook onion for 5 mins. Add lamb, carrots, and spices just cover with water.
bring almost to boil stir in tomato puree, cover and simmer for 1 hour 20 mins.
Add apricots with honey, orange flower water and seasoning. simmer uncovered for 20 mins. until thick and soupy.
Add dates simmer for futher 5 mins.
Scatter with parsley leaves and serve with couscous.

Enjoy :)

Sousseannika

Aaaahh...you made my day.

Sana

www.tunisia.com

Hi
who has been the best cook of this week?:D have u tried to prepare Kafteji at home?

Sana

Macaroni with meat

Recipe

Macaroni: 750g
meat ; 500g
tomato’s puree: 300g
Swiss cheese: 100g
Parmesan cheese: 50g
Chickpeas: 50g
fresh chili peppers: 4 or 5
Bay leaves : 3

Potatoes: 2 or 3
Eggs: 2
Garlic: a small one
Onion: 1
Oil: 1 deciliter
Harissa: 1 / 2 tablespoons
ground pepper: 1 / 2 tablespoons
salt : according to taste
pepper : according to taste

first of all ; pick over the Chickpeas , wash and put them to soak from 10 to 12 hours in advance. peel and chop a small onion. peel and crush the garlic pods with some salt.

Second ; Heat oil in a pot. cut meat into pieces, rub them with salt and pepper and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes in the oil along with the chopped onion.

then, add the tomato’s puree , harissa, ground pepper , chickpeas and bay leaves. mix and let them cooked . add water from time to time . once it is Half cooked , peel the potatoes, cut them into quarters and put them in the sauce with
peppers and fresh crushed garlic.

in the meantime, cook Macaroni ‘s pasta in salted water and drain it . boil 2 eggs and cut them into quarters.

After that ; Once the meat and chickpeas are well-cooked , add a pinch of pepper and correct salt according to taste.
mix pasta and sauce in a serving dish . Align the pieces of meat and peppers, garnish with the potatoes quarters and eggs then serve it hot with Swiss cheese above .:)

SilverMoonlight

I love macaroni! :D:D:D
And especially now that I haven't eaten anything all day!!!

Sana

peas soup

Recipe:

lamb’s meat : 500g
peas: 1 kg and a half
parsley; a small bunch
Oil: 1 deciliter

tomato ‘s puree : 1 tablespoon
Harissa: 1 / 2 tablespoons
ground pepper: 1 / 2 tablespoons
Salt : according to taste
Pepper: according to taste

first of all; pod the peas, wash and drain them in a colander.

Second; Pick over , Wash and chop the parsley. peel and chop a small onion.

Then , heat oil in a pot or casserole, cut meat into pieces , Season them with salt and pepper and brown them in oil
with a chopped onion from 5 to 6 minutes .

After that; Add the tomato paste , harissa and ground pepper, mix the ingredients together and cook them for one hour. then add the peas and chopped parsley, stir and cook them from 25 to 30 minutes.

Finally; once the meat is well-cooked , add a pinch of pepper ,check the salt and serve it hot.:)

Note: it is eaten with bread not spoon :D;)

SilverMoonlight

With bread???????????
Amazing!!! This would be a really nice experience.
Hehehehe

Sana

if u don't know how to prepare "Kifta" , here is the recipe :)

Kifta with meat

Recipe
boned meat: 400g
Parsley: 100g
dry Bread: 100g
pastry flour: 100g
Garlic: 2 cloves

red pepper :1 / 2 tablespoons
Oil: according to the frying pan
salt: according to taste
pepper: according to taste

first of all; grind meat, Pick over and grind the parsley, Peel and crush an onion and Grate a slice of dry bread .

second , peel 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and crush them with a large pinch of salt.

Then, Combine all these ingredients together , add the mixture of red pepper, pepper and salt according to taste.

After that; Heat oil in a frying pan . make the mixture into the shape of balls , flatten them into small round pucks, coat them with pastry flour and fry them.

finally , once they are well fried , serve them with hot topping slices of French fries and tomato’s sauce as an accompaniment .:);)

SilverMoonlight

Oh Sana,

this is so delicious. But I can't really prepare it, as I am fasting this period till Easter. After Easter I will try to make it.:)

Tunisianbelle

I add egg after the flour to help hold everything together.

ROULLA

Me to Tunisianbelle.....and Silvermou these are like simular to the greek kuofdethes

BRISASSS

I don't know how to prepare it, but i'm ready to eat it...yammy yammy xxx

SilverMoonlight

Me to Tunisianbelle.....and Silvermou these are like simular to the greek kuofdethes

Yesssssss something like that!!!!
But don't tell me this now I am fasting for the Easter hehehehehehe :D:D

Sana

What is this Roulla?:confused: is it like Tunisian Kifta? i want to try it ;)

SilverMoonlight

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen!
Any new recipies ?

Sana where are you? It would be a great idea to give us a recipe that doesn't contain any meat or diaries, as I am fasting till Easter (on the 19th of March for the Christian Orthodox Church).

How about recipies with vegetables??? :D

beenthere

hi, not sana, but maybe i could help! what kind of dish do you want? pasta, soup, couscous, or just veggies? tell me and i'll ask my sister in law. -bee

beenthere

ok i'm trying yours, but always have problem with tomato paste, how much to how much water, for feeding 7, i need in spoons..lol-bee

Zagaloon

Pine seeds from the alep tree for assida zgougou

Salam everyone,
Can anyone help me find a place in england or online where I can buy th the bondoc/black pine seeds from the alep pine to make zgougou with?

I love it and can't wait till next time I go back to Tunisia........thanks in advance