Tunisian Kitchen

Zagaloon

I ive in Preston in the northwest...

Mezoo

VIP Member
Salam everyone,
Can anyone help me find a place in england or online where I can buy th the bondoc/black pine seeds from the alep pine to make zgougou with?
never found them in the states either, we just send some kilos when we need em :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zagaloon

zgou gou

Thanks... I was reading another post post that someone fouind some in norwich...just have to kep looking.....

oh and chorba do u know ny gud recipes?and what is the wheat like thing that is in chorba?pls

thnks

Mezoo

VIP Member
Thanks... I was reading another post post that someone fouind some in norwich...just have to kep looking.....

oh and chorba do u know ny gud recipes?and what is the wheat like thing that is in chorba?pls

thnks
chorba freek--made from ground up wheat in fact---popular in Ramadan but used year around :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Zagaloon

Ah ground up wheat.....yeah I know im Tunisian and my husband is but even he did nt know!we always eat in it Tunisia but Im developing my Tunisian cooking skills as all our tunisian family in Tunisia we need to know how to cook Tunisian as cant live without Tunisian food....bneen ysser

Mezoo

VIP Member
cant live without Tunisian food....bneen sser
i also like a good pizza restaurant in downtown Bizerte ! ! !
best pizza i ever ate was in France cooked by a Tunisian chef -go figure :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sana

ok i'm trying yours, but always have problem with tomato paste, how much to how much water, for feeding 7, i need in spoons..lol-bee
for feeding 7 , u have to put more tomato paste and more water in order to have much sause , in addition u have to prepare at least 2 kilos of Pasta .
this will be enough :) ;)

SilverMoonlight

for feeding 7 , u have to put more tomato paste and more water in order to have much sause , in addition u have to prepare at least 2 kilos of Pasta .
this will be enough :) ;)

2 kilosssssssssss :eek::eek:
Too much hehehehehe
For how many people??????????????????????

Sana

Oh no sister :eek::eek: i will explose after eating that :D:D

Sana

i can't stop laughing hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D:D

SilverMoonlight

i can't stop laughing hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D:D

Imagine you have a big plate of macaroni in front of you with portions for 7 people and start eating from 14.00 till it gets 17.00 for example.

Goddddddddddddddd!!!!! hehehehehehehehehhe

Sana

Imagine you have a big plate of macaroni in front of you with portions for 7 people and start eating from 14.00 till it gets 17.00 for example.

Goddddddddddddddd!!!!! hehehehehehehehehhe

OH no :eek: that will be terrible :eek: i will fast for a week after eating all of these :D:D:

SilverMoonlight

OH no :eek: that will be terrible, i will fast for a week after eating all of these :D:

Yes, you will have you Ramadan earlier this year, heheheheheheheheheeh :D:D

beenthere

lolll thanks, i cook one package for my kids, my sil and myself, plus i need enough for school lunch for my girls. so i need a bit! but i can pack away a fair amount, i love tunisian pasta! my question is in the tomato paste to water. is one big spoon to one cup water ok? thats what i put and it was good.

arabchique

nour just brought back 6 kilos of the paste from the market, i got harissa in EVERYTHING :D

Bung some my way, Mezoo ... :eek: ... just remembered I have LOTS too!!! Hehehe :D

Bought myself some "Chilli Jam" the other day ... bit too mild for my liking!! Might make my own with LOADS more chillies!! :D