Tunisian Kitchen

music

P.S. Where is the recipe database? I don't see it...did the idea die? ...or am I just blind?

aynbunni

Arabic Delights

If anyone cares to PM me with their UK address, I will happily furnish you with a little recipe book I produced for my arabic class. Fre to a good home lol:)

Tounsia

even looking at mloukhia makes me want to be sick lol ur crazy sana!

SEANITA

Thats the green sauce is it? If it is its the only thing I really do not like!! UUUUGH!

sunshinegirl

i have tried it...and it was somewhat unexplainable....kinda strange.
tasted like spinach but on the other hand like medicine too.
it was too greasy for my opinion.
i guess with baguette or plain white bread it'd be ok, but didnt like it with meat & rice.

seanita, if this is the only thing you dont like - have you ever had to eat OSBAN?! just thinking about what those "meat balls" are for real makes me go...iiiiii...yucky.

what are your fav dishes, though? i'd die for brik...and love chapati and couscous.... not to talk about the sweets - makhroud is just plain yummy.

K

Kamantha

Never seen it or heard off it until now

sunshinegirl

well, kamatha...i just doubt i find the words for that dish in english..
it's as simple (and yucky) as "lamb testicels"....yeah right...stuffed with rice, herbs, other offals... its a traditional dish for l'aid kebir and supposed to provide energy and strength to the ones eating it.
so: BON APPETIT!!

K

Kamantha

All I can say is then thank god I am a vegetarian.

Trulymadlydeeply

Who defined testicles as meat Kam? HE he he

arabchique

Hey guys

Can anyone give me some pointers ... am planning on having a "Tunisian Dinner Party" for some of my friends ... they're all dying to try some tunisian dishes ... what can I make? Please ... keep it simple ... lol

:D

Cathibou

even looking at mloukhia makes me want to be sick lol ur crazy sana!

Me too I find it the most revolting thing on earth , on the other hand I find Osban or dwara ab sol ut ly gorgeous! no accounting for taste hey!

Cathibou

Hey guys

Can anyone give me some pointers ... am planning on having a "Tunisian Dinner Party" for some of my friends ... they're all dying to try some tunisian dishes ... what can I make? Please ... keep it simple ... lol

What do you like ? I would start there, starters are simple if cold or you could go for shorba that is easy to make before hand and warm up, pudding is easy fresh fruit like they do so do you want meat for main and if so what or would you prefer veggie?

arabchique

What do you like ? I would start there, starters are simple if cold or you could go for shorba that is easy to make before hand and warm up, pudding is easy fresh fruit like they do so do you want meat for main and if so what or would you prefer veggie?

Something simple to start and finish ... but would like something maybe like lamb for a main course, or a nice veggie dish (not fussed) ... found a great website that I'm just nosing at now ... really just looking for something traditional ... was also gonna have a bash at doing my own harissa (now that'll be a laugh)

Sana

www.tunisia.com

Hi bev
u can prepare couscous , brik and salad michwiya

Trulymadlydeeply

I can, I can :D Haven't done it for a long time tho!!!

mmmmm hungry x x

K

Kamantha

You two are norty, corrupting my innocent mind, tut tut
heheeheheeh

pej

I like m'loukhia, my husband loves it, and I have prepared it myself so watch it or I will post photos! ;-)

As for the Tunisian dinner I would too suggest chorba, brik (if you can find the wraps, not possible anywhere near where I live) and a tagine, plus a salad and indeed a couscous or a fish dish if your guests aren't full by then. Serve with olives and harissa, of course.

gem

Reading all this is making me hungry!! Zico used to put harissa in everything lol x