Tunisian Kitchen

KheeKhee

well , all my friends here liked so much harrisa , when they come to my house , the first thing they asked abou it " do you have harrisaa:D they don't care if it is hot or no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know so many people like harissa...but for me it is not just if it is hot, I don't like the flavour/the taste.

salim

yes and I have never liked harissa! I don't know why:eek: most Arabic food I like very much.
ah just to let you knew Tunisian foods are so hot , not same thing in the ohter countries kheekhee , our kitchen is diffrent from the other arabic kitchen in KSA or Liban ....

KheeKhee

I know Salim, and Tunisian food is very nice.

annh

Mlouchia.... yummie .... :D:D:D

salim

Mlouchia.... yummie .... :D:D:D
you mean Mloukia annh:D
CIMG4112.JPG

lynn

Targine , cous cous, brik for me no harissa

gem15

you mean Mloukia annh:D
CIMG4112.JPG
This is a prime example of eating with your eyes. There is no way I could bring myself to eat it even thou everyone says its lovely, i just couldnt do it!

salim

This is a prime example of eating with your eyes. There is no way I could bring myself to eat it even thou everyone says its lovely, i just couldnt do it!
I agree with you perfect example of eating with your eyes :D me too i can't eat , i am waiting to go home , i am loser chef , as i you knew do it seems difficult !

cinders

I like that also but.....I was out with Ramzi on day on a trip to Tabarka and he ordered a hot seafood one which was diabolical.
yes iam the same kris ,plain old ojja for me ..no seafood no merghez just ojja ;)

cinders

had this a few times and i must say its not my favourite dish ..taste like garlic henna ;)
try to take a few spoonfuls only because i reckon its good for you ( herbs ) :p

caveatemptor

we have a lot of dishs in our kitchen , we have not red dishes , i throught you don't like red or hot dishes !!!!!!!!! we love hot foods in Tunisia more than the other arabic contries :D

Do you mean "dishes" and "thought". Just being helpful.

caveatemptor

Well that pretty much sums up Tunisian cooking, not one of the world`s great cuisines. Argumentative, moi?

gabriel612

did you mean SHAKCHOUKA :D i never heard about SHALSOUKA , maybe new dish :p

Was wondering that too, one of my favourite dishes and hubby calls it shakchouka

Jenny

I'm like you, I also eat with my eyes, the food I eat must look beautiful at the plate. I just have one exception, a traditional dish from north of Sweden, pölsa, as is one of my favourites, and that one actually looks like someone has puked at the plate:eek:

Jenny

ah just to let you knew Tunisian foods are so hot , not same thing in the ohter countries kheekhee , our kitchen is diffrent from the other arabic kitchen in KSA or Liban ....
That's true the Tunisian kitchen differs a lot from the gulfcountries and Lebanon. This I can never tell my husband;) , but I actually prefer the Tunisian food than the Egyptian since I like it really hot and spicy.

KheeKhee

That's true the Tunisian kitchen differs a lot from the gulfcountries and Lebanon. This I can never tell my husband;) , but I actually prefer the Tunisian food than the Egyptian since I like it really hot and spicy.
There is a difference between the Gulf countries and Egypt and the Maghreb countries, they are completely different.

annh

you mean Mloukia
no, you write it in arabic with a" خ" so in fonetic we write it with "ch" cause that is in my language the sound of them 2 letters, like in "chamsa''... If write it with a K in arabic it would be with a Kaf ك