Tunisian Kitchen

Essem

Staff member
Making taboona bread

100_2761.JPG
100_2763.JPG100_2765.JPG100_3024.JPG

ROULLA

(Tunisian lamb casserole )

• Whisk oil, water and tomato puree and pour into a large casserole. Add lamb, onions, celery, carrot, garlic and cinnamon. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
  • Add broad beans, leek, artichokes and courgettes. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for at least another 30 mins.
  • Add spinach, allow to cook down, then add the fresh herbs, leaving some for garnish. Add harissa or cayenne pepper to taste.
  • Place the pieces of bread on top of the stew and press down gently. Sprinkle with reserved herbs before serving.

Essem

Staff member
harissa.JPG

Home made Harissa

Essem

Staff member
aking salad mechouia.JPG

Making Salad Mechouia

Jane BM

Hubby does that even here, gets the BBQ out and makes a huge plateful, enough to last us a week!! I just love this stuff.

Essem

Staff member
Me too Jane, and even better home made.

Essem

Staff member
Kouchet Alouchekouchet alouche.JPG

gabriel612

I am feeling very hungry now after seeing all your delicious looking pics. Ha ha I remember hearing a man shouting on the street taboona taboona, I mis-heard the t and thought he was shouting sabona sabona, so I asked hubby what he was saying, he hadn't heard it, so I said he was shouting SABONA SABONA he fell about laughing and then told his mum and sisters they too were all laughing at me:oops: :D Off now to make lunch with hubbies homemade SABONA:D

Essem

Staff member
100_3260.JPG
My attempt at Kouchet Alouche

Jane BM

Had a lovely dish made for me last night by Aymen, Masfouf ( not sure of spelling)... Really simple apparently, pomegranate with couscous...needless to say, I'm off to buy some more pomegranates today, forgot how good they taste!

Essem

Staff member
Sounds lovely Jane. 100_2932.JPG I tried pomengranate with couscous for the first time at Eid and it was delicious. Pomegranate so good for you too.

salim

47171_428233312461_4749158_n.jpg

Rivolis ymm

Essem

Staff member
100_3867.JPG100_3866.JPG

Kamah (sp?)

Essem

Staff member
In the kitchen today!
100_4031.JPG 100_4032.JPG100_4033.JPG

Jane BM

Someone's indulged today...lol....whoever was the chef, can you send them my way please...looks divine!!

Scottochott

I'm expecting the same when I'm back in a couple of weeks, looks delicious!

Essem

Staff member
Mlawi

100_4254.JPG

Essem

Staff member
Hi Jane,

They are very thin wraps - eaten at breakfast hot with butter and honey or I've seen them in menus in restaurants with different fillings.