Tunisian military service ~ important that you read this!!

That's the right attitude to take. Now what about changing to a more appropriate name on here? We could have a competition for the best (printable) suggestion. Or you could simply change it to Not In Love With A Tunisian. :D

LOL, I was thinking of the name Smartened Up LOL

annibee

the original im in love with a tunisian did change hers to im not in love with a tunisian but now shes happily married to another lol so guess shes back to im in love with a tunisian again :confused:

the original im in love with a tunisian did change hers to im not in love with a tunisian but now shes happily married to another lol so guess shes back to im in love with a tunisian again :confused:

Not sure who the original is but it's not me LOL. I just have no idea how to change my name on here.

The Military

It is a perfectly legal procedure in Tunisia to pay if you do not wish to go to the army, and this procedure is called "taynet fardiya." The money will go straight to the treasury and it is quite legal. You apply for the paperwork and they will quote you how much to pay to drop out. This is nothing to do with corruption!
Hiya I was in Tunis1a last week and my fiance was taken to do military service in Kef. How do i get the paperwork to buy him out? Im desperate as we going to get married this week.

Jane BM

I'm not sure it's possible anymore I afraid. Maybe try and appeal to someone in authorities better nature.

We get a lot of conflicting advise on here from different people that you may speak to. I've just spoken to husband to ask him and he seems to think that it's too late, once they've got you there's no going back, unless you have extenuating circumstances or are exempt.

He says that the buying out is only applicable if you go to the army (your boyfriend) BEFORE being scooped up to say you want to buy your way out, then you do just 27 days. However, if its left to where they get you, then it's too late. This is how he says it works now anyway.

Can I ask, where were you both when this happened? Were you together at the time?

Aslemma

Im desperate as we going to get married this week.

What an absolute nightmare. Would it be possible for him to at least get leave so the wedding can go ahead as planned, or, failing that to defer the wedding for a short while until he can get leave? I realise the latter will cause problems for you if you will only be in Tunisia for a relatively short time but it may be the only option.

ROULLA

Hiya I was in Tunis1a last week and my fiance was taken to do military service in Kef. How do i get the paperwork to buy him out? Im desperate as we going to get married this week.
Hi Liz hope that you are well!

Having spoken to a few this year about the Army I kind of got the picture that once you are in the army you need to stay there for the first 3 months, then after that you can either buy yourself out or work for them and apparently they even get 100 tnd per months as a small wage fee and are let out at weekends as well.

I doubt it very much that you will be able to get your fiance out in time for the wedding unless you know someone important shall I say in Tunisia.

Good luck anyway

Jane BM

My husband actually rang up a friend of his yesterday who'd recently bought his way out. However the big difference is he approached the military rather than running the risk of being 'culled'. He had to serve 27/28 days and then pay according to his income. From what I understand once you've been taken then you have to do your service.

he was told he can to report to El Kef himself on a certain day. he was not taken there so he actually went on his own accord. I have had to come back to the Uk as I did not want to be there alone. I want to know how can I pay him out, while in the is there a way I can do it without being in Tunisia. As soon as I can get him out we can go ahead with our wedding.

Having spoken to a few this year about the Army I kind of got the picture that once you are in the army you need to stay there for the first 3 months, then after that you can either buy yourself out or work for them and apparently they even get 100 tnd per months as a small wage fee and are let out at weekends as well.

I doubt it very much that you will be able to get your fiance out in time for the wedding unless you know someone important shall I say in Tunisia.

Good luck anyway
IM back in UK now and want to find a way to buy him out wothout having to be in Tunisia then we can get married.

I'm not sure it's possible anymore I afraid. Maybe try and appeal to someone in authorities better nature.

We get a lot of conflicting advise on here from different people that you may speak to. I've just spoken to husband to ask him and he seems to think that it's too late, once they've got you there's no going back, unless you have extenuating circumstances or are exempt.

He says that the buying out is only applicable if you go to the army (your boyfriend) BEFORE being scooped up to say you want to buy your way out, then you do just 27 days. However, if its left to where they get you, then it's too late. This is how he says it works now anyway.

Can I ask, where were you both when this happened? Were you together at the time?

He applied for a replacement ID card and they kept him waiting for weeks, when he called them to ask why it was taking so long they said he had to go for military service, and had to report to El Kef at the end of the week. His brother is in the police force and he advised him to go and give himself in instead of being picked up. I came back to the uk as I did not want to be alone there.

Jane BM

Have you been in contact with him since? As he's the one there, can't he ask the questions or his brother who's in the Police...surely he should know? Being in the UK there's very little you can do, if there's anything anyway.

ROULLA

He applied for a replacement ID card and they kept him waiting for weeks, when he called them to ask why it was taking so long they said he had to go for military service, and had to report to El Kef at the end of the week. His brother is in the police force and he advised him to go and give himself in instead of being picked up. I came back to the uk as I did not want to be alone there.

Well what I can tell you is that last year my husband had to get a new ID card so he went to this place in Nabeul, he had his fingerprints taken and was told to go and come back , he had a cup of coffee ,went back and it was ready.

Liz your fiance should be the one asking all the questions as he is the one that is in Tunisia and it's very hard doing anything whilst you are not in Tunisia.

huttan

Hm well...something aint right here....

When did they start with beeing able to buy themselves out again? I thought they had stopped all the possibilitys to do that nowdays?