Tunisian military service ~ important that you read this!!

ROULLA

Hm well...something aint right here....

When did they start with beeing able to buy themselves out again? I thought they had stopped all the possibilitys to do that nowdays?
Hi Huttan hope that you are well!

I have to admit that I have asked a few in Tunisia that are in the army very recently and they said that you can buy yourself out.

Trulymadlydeeply

I thought they did 4weeks training then you can buy out. Id make sure he was actually there before you part with any money though :(

Jane BM

I thought they did 4weeks training then you can buy out. Id make sure he was actually there before you part with any money though :(
Well that would make sense to me, with the guy Aymen knows who's just done it.....28 days.

M

maria1025

No, it is not voluntary. It is mandatory.

They do have a choice though - Do their 1 year mandatory service, or only do 21 days and pay their way out of the rest.

Ask your fiancé if he has done his service yet or not.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Maria that is how it used to be some have said it changed after the revolution.. Don't think it's that clear cut now.

Jane BM

J

joyfull60

My husband comes out tomorrow morning after 21 days and the buy out at the moment is 1200 dt, and works out just over £400. i hope this helps x

J

joyfull60

My husband comes out tomorrow morning after 21 days and the buy out at the moment is 1200 dt, and works out just over £400. i hope this helps x
also it is 100dt a month, but that is if you are not working. That is completely different kettle of fish lol x

kalie

My fella received his papers on Friday and is going tomorrow ( Monday ) he will be away for 8 weeks, nothing he can do to get out of doing it, he asked his brother In law who is a police man if he could get out of it anyway , basically no, just do the 8 weeks training and get it done .
Will be so quiet without him :(

scotty_bambam

My fella received his papers on Friday and is going tomorrow ( Monday ) he will be away for 8 weeks, nothing he can do to get out of doing it, he asked his brother In law who is a police man if he could get out of it anyway , basically no, just do the 8 weeks training and get it done .
Will be so quiet without him :(
What ages is it.and how do they choose who goes?

kalie

He's 29 , he should have done this a few years ago but decided not too, he received his red paper so he knew he had to go. You can no longer buy your way out of doing the service, it has changed since the trouble and its no longer 21 days but the full 8 weeks.
It was a shock to see him back from hairdressers with his hair and beard gone :confused:
It was awful watching him go this morning.:(

kalie

What ages is it.and how do they choose who goes?
A lot of men do it soon after their 18th apparently, it gets it out of the way so I have been informed x

kalie

Finally got a message from my man today, 3 weeks in only 5 to go. Not allowed to use mobiles at all. So had to give message via his sister. Hes just got my first letter too.

scotty_bambam

Finally got a message from my man today, 3 weeks in only 5 to go. Not allowed to use mobiles at all. So had to give message via his sister. Hes just got my first letter too.
Must be awful no contact.at what age do they not bother calling them on if they haven't done it?

kalie

Must be awful no contact.at what age do they not bother calling them on if they haven't done it?
Not sure on what upper age limit they have, but rather they do it when told rather than just taken off street when they are rounding up ones that have eluded it.
And yes its awful, I'm hoping at weekend he will be able to call as the 3 weeks are up and they relax the rules a bit. I'm doing old school letter writing , been a while since I've done that :)

Essem

Staff member
Didn't the upper age limit used to be 35 years?

Chrissied66

I've read through the previous posts and am I right that currently Military Service is 8 weeks and you can't buy yourself out and if I am being told anything different, I am being lied to!!

kalie

I've read through the previous posts and am I right that currently Military Service is 8 weeks and you can't buy yourself out and if I am being told anything different, I am being lied to!!
Yes its a mandatory 8 weeks and no buy out. No mobile phones allowed either x