Tunisian military service ~ important that you read this!!

Chrissied66

Yes its a mandatory 8 weeks and no buy out. No mobile phones allowed either x
Thanks. I thought so. 2 years service and a 3000DNR buy out just sounded too far fetched!!

gem15

Buying themselves out of military is one of the oldest scams for money along with my mother/father/brother/sister needs an urgent operation blah blah blah.

cherie63

Thanks. I thought so. 2 years service and a 3000DNR buy out just sounded too far fetched!!

Sorry, he is not being truthful, Military Conscription in Tunisia is one year, this is from the Ministry of Defense website

The provisions of law n° 1 dating January 14, 2004 stipulate:

• The military service is a duty for every 20 years old Tunisian citizen suited to pass 12 months into armies’ forces units.

• From the age of 18 years, the Tunisian citizen can be incorporated after the approval of the national defence minister.

• The recruits could follow a professional training in various specialties at professional training centers belonging to the three Armies Forces or the central corps.

YOLO

I don't get it why no one wants to join the army??? i am sure it's fun and Learning how to shoot and everything.
I wish i can join the army ( National Servies ) someday but probably i can't.

Trulymadlydeeply

I would hope their main objective is not to learn how to shoot!! Why can't you join I'm sure you can volunteer no?

YOLO

I would hope their main objective is not to learn how to shoot!! Why can't you join I'm sure you can volunteer no?
learn how to shoot to defend my country from great danger or any threat.
Yep i can volunteer but i am a student ( Full-time ) after i graduate i start working then do my best to travel the world :) plus i wear glasses , i don't think they'll allow me to join the army.

kalie

Wearing glasses shouldn't be an excuse to get out of doing your service

Scottochott

I don't get it why no one wants to join the army??? i am sure it's fun and Learning how to shoot and everything.
I wish i can join the army ( National Servies ) someday but probably i can't.

learn how to shoot to defend my country from great danger or any threat.
Yep i can volunteer but i am a student ( Full-time ) after i graduate i start working then do my best to travel the world :) plus i wear glasses , i don't think they'll allow me to join the army.

Not sure your 2 posts add up. Either you want to do your duty or you don't. Other graduates do their service, whether they want to work and travel or not. Or do you just want to play with guns? Your country does face great danger and threats, wearing glasses won't save you.

Jane BM

Wear contact lenses!!!!!

gem15

My sister in law is in the army and wears contacts, it's quite acceptable. Either you want to join or you just like the idea of playing video games.

YOLO

lol what are you all talking about?? i want to learn shooting? what is wrong with that??

kalie

4 weeks done 4 to go, time is going quickly :):)