Tunisian Restaurants in the UK and abroad

ROULLA

Hi everyone hope that you are all in good health! I was out on Saturday and saw a few friends that we have known for years but not seen them for nearly a year but it turned out that he they had opened a new Tunisian Restaurant so i thought that i would write down all the names of the restaurants that i knew of that were open in the UK..

1..La Goulette ..La Goulette | London | Tunisian Cuisine Food Delicassy
51, Willesden Lane London NW6 7RL

The restaurant looks very Tunisian and they also have live Tunisian bands to entertain you. They done a wedding there last week as well so if anyone would like to have a party there you will not be dissapointed..:)

2..The second restaurant is owned by a member on here..
Saharaz.. Station Rd, letchworth garden city, Hertfordshire SG6 3SS
http://www.saharaz.co.uk/1.html :) Really nice site

3.. This is a restaurant that has been opened for years.. Run by Abdel and Frances Boukraa – he hailing from Djerba, Tunisia, she English born and bred – Adam’s Café is a thriving family affair which has grown over the years to become one of Shepherds Bush’s most popular restaurants

Adams Cafe
77 Askew Road, Ravenscourt Park, London, W12 9AH

munki

I had a look for some in the north west but couldnt find any :(

ROULLA

I had a look for some in the north west but couldnt find any :(
Hi Munki hope that you are in good health! There are only a few Tunisian restaurants in London and then there is also another one in or near potters bar /St albans and it is owned by a member on here.,.The food that she makes looks lovely..

munki

Hi Munki hope that you are in good health! There are only a few Tunisian restaurants in London and then there is also another one in or near potters bar /St albans and it is owned by a member on here.,.The food that she makes looks lovely..
I'm good, hope you are too...

Liverpool to london is too far to travel for a brik...... we need one in liverpool, shame i can't boil an egg lol x

ROULLA

Liverpool to london is too far to travel for a brik...... we need one in liverpool, shame i can't boil an egg lol x
There are quite a few Arabic restaurants in Liverpool, have you tried tasting Lebanese food that is really nice..

DebbieZebbes

Come to mine, a Tunisian chef lives here :D

munki

munki

There are quite a few Arabic restaurants in Liverpool, have you tried tasting Lebanese food that is really nice..
Roulla, its all about the brik ;) xx

olliebaby

Hi Roulla

Ive tried looking for the restaurant on google maps (to see where we are going and dont get lost lol) but with this address and the address on their website I just cant find it, on the maps 51 Willesden Lane is a Portugese Restaurant, can you help pleeeease? :)

ROULLA

Hi Roulla

Ive tried looking for the restaurant on google maps (to see where we are going and dont get lost lol) but with this address and the address on their website I just cant find it, on the maps 51 Willesden Lane is a Portugese Restaurant, can you help pleeeease? :)
Hi Olliebaby hope that you and your partner are both in good health! It is on the corner, it is a white and blue restaurant..It is in Kilburn...Hope that this helps..
La Goulette 51 Willesden Lane,
Kilburn,
London,
NW6 7RL
(020) 7624 5800
add to my map
La Goulette is a Tunisian restaurant in Kilburn offering authentic cuisine and traditional entertainment. A takeaway and delivery in the local area is also available.
Information
Venue TypeRestaurantOpening HoursMon-Thu 12:00-17:00 & 18:00-00:00
Fri-Sat 12:00-17:00 & 18:00-01:00
Sun ClosedTube/Rail•Brondesbury
CuisineHalal, Mediterranean, North AfricanBookingAdvisable on Fri, Sat
Not Necessary on Mon, Tue, Wed, ThuAvg Food Spend£10 - £20 per personFood InfoTake Away Service, Delivery ServiceLive EntsLive music and other entertainment Fri-Sat nightKidsChildren welcome - any time

Look at this map...http://queens-park.london.myvillage.com/place/grand-arte-kilburn-london

olliebaby

Ahh got it, Google map is out of date, it shows it as Portugese Restaurant!

Got it now though, we will be giving it a try next week and we are both really good thanks, hope you and your family are too :) x

C

Cas

Great Middle Eastern Cafe, very atmospheric, "Tarboush" Market Street, Loughborough, Leics. Best homemade hummous and Falafel I have had in a long time. Owned by nice Syrian people.

Tounsia

I've been to la goulette, it's very nice. I have a feeling it won't be there for much longer (unfortunately) it seems pretty quiet.

Marie1959

We have nothing really good here in Leeds did find one run by an Egyptian family but the food was not good. Luckily hubby is a great cook :) Brik are easy to make Munki have a go yourself hun x

olliebaby

We have brik loads, K is a FAB cook :) Yes Munki give it a try yourself, its easy and if you need the brik paper you will find it in Waitrose, about £2.00 for twenty odd sheets.

olliebaby

Hi Roulla, just seen this post, I know it was a while ago but is the place near St Albans still open? Do you have any details on it? x

crazypink

We go to the Afgani restaurant when we are in Manchster - its a short bus ride away in Rusholme. Well worth a visit and the chicken and rice are very good there. Not expensive either. Love spending time there then meeting friends for coffee. Similar to Tunisia lol but no sun :rolleyes:

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Roulla, just seen this post, I know it was a while ago but is the place near St Albans still open? Do you have any details on it? x
It is/was called Saharaz she is not open at the moment it is in Letchworth, you will find her on facebook under the same name.. :)

Jane BM

Dont know if anyone can help, but does anyone know of any Tunisian/North african 'decent' restaurants in the Birmingham area???