Tunisian Romances

evonne

hello

i am hoping to join this groiup but cannot get the link to work, can you please help. I am curretnly living in Floirda and have a boy friend in Hammamet who i will marry next year after knowing him fo rsix years. It woul dbe good to know and communicate with others in the same situation

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Even I am becoming intreagued now how large is this GF of Tunisians forum?

Kiki

Is this 'R' ria by any chance???

pej

I got strange characters instead of proper letters on this site right now, but I think I've been able to make out the last post to be about "R ria".If you're asking me, I'm afraid I don't know who/what you are talking about, but please explain!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies i basically turned on a swear word filter to nail these annoy spammers along with some upgrades to make it more difficult for them and i accidently put a space in a swear word which replaced e u c k with *

I have corrected this

Regards,

Kris

pej

Mayno's love - about your post - I only stayed in Tunis for one night. Beware, there are actually no parking laws there! We did go to this wonderful and rather famous restaurant there, on Rue Dar el Jeld. It has no sign, you find it by finding the yellow door... It's located in the owners' family home with some of the rooms still furnished the old way, I hav pics of myself in a wonderful bed... The food is great - and the bathrooms too! You will need reservations, but just ask at your hotel, they will help you. I don't at the moment remember which hotel we stayed at, but it was only for one night and we spent very little time there so I couldn't really say anything about entertainment or suitability for kids.

Mayno's love

Pej - thanks for that! Maybe we'll try and find it! I'm worried about being there on my own with my daughter, like to think that the locals will be friendly but not overly so if you know what I mean!!! I really must try to find a hotel soon!

jukcoder

Don't you worry, my friend, Nobody will even notice you.

edwina49

tunisian romances

hi all you guys out there you know there are some very genuine Tunisian guys out there and i have been lucky enough to meet one of them. Salah and I have been together 3 years and for most of that time we lived together in Hammamet.

I recently came back to uk to settle down get a proper job and get things sorted so we can marry next year. But quite frankly I am feeling a bit lonely and frustrated with all the red tape and things so if any of you can be of any help it would be very much appreciated.

I hope that it all works out for all of you and you all are happy.

pej

Hi Edwina, I hope things go smoothly for you... Do you know that Kris has put together an excellent list of documents and things to think of under Culture - Family Life - Marriage? The thing that differed when I got married was that they never required a blood test, but let your man find that out! Also be careful with not getting documents too soon - birth certificates are very time sensitive. Mine could be no more than 20 days old, and it has to be translated - they usually say French or Arabic, but go for both! My French ones had to be translated into Arabic as well, but that can be done rather quickly in Tunisia. Good luck!

beckijj

hi all, well iv done what all of you have done. i went over to tunisia and fell in love 7 years ago. it as taken me 7 years to realise what i slime ball he really was though. but i am happy now i am getting married myself next year in august to a tunisian. you would think i would have gave up, but no not me.

i met him in a hotel in hammamet and was sort of seeing his brother 1st but we both knew we wanted eachother. there was just something about this 1 that i felt was right. im so happy now. i trust him with all my heart but it as taken time because of the person i was with.

i will live with him in his family home which is a bit scary but i just think it will be an experience.

becki xx:)

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi All,

Well I also plan to marry next year June/July time, I have been going to Tunisia now for 3 years and love the place.
I have seen some woman go through the mill over there and still come back for more.
I trust my partner if I didn't then there would be no point in us being together.
His family are also very very nice, his older brother has a big influence on him and he takes this on board.
My family have also been across and both families get on really well.
I am really looking forward to the wedding, all the paperwork is a pain but worth it.
I also wish everyone well and have a good life x x

pej

beckijj, hbrown - where in Tunisia will you marry? And best of luck with the paperwork!!

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Pej,

That's the one million dollar question at the moment, we have to make the decission to either marry in Tunis or go down South to where his parents live.
At the moment we have not decided.
It will just be something simple, then when we get over to Scotland we will be having a blessing with all the trimmings....no kilt for himself he hasn't the legs for it lol.
I will be putting photo's of the happy event in the gallery, from both the marriage and the blessing.
H.

beckijj

hi i wil get married in hammamet when it happens. i will go 2 him in march to sort it out and then i go back to stay in may. i then will get married in august. i can't wait im so excited it is untrue. xxx

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Becki,

I know how you feel I am excited to, but as Pej says watch your paper work.
That's the part I am not really looking forward to, just incase I miss something.
A friend of mine is getting married in Jan, so all being well for her I am just going to do as she did.
I will mail you with all the info i get from her.
I hope you and your man have a good and happy life together.
Take care.
H. x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
It is stressful I had my contract on a different day to the wedding so that we could relax as it was getting so stressful.

Would anyone like me to do a print/check list or somthing for the documents somthing that you can print off and take with you and keep on the top of the papers?

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Kris,

I think a check list would be great, it would certainly put our minds at ease.

It is all very stressful, but this would be our guide.

Thanks
H.

S

sparkles

Great idea Kris, a steer in the right direction will relieve some of the stress involved .

Mayno's love

Hi All! Hope you are all well?! Has anyone just returned from Tunisia? I'm interested to now what the weather is like! I fly out on 26th and need to do my packing but unsure what clothes to take with me. Guess a bikini isn't suitable!!!! LOL.

Also I might be meeting my man's family and understand that it is customary to take a gift when you meet them? If so, has anyone got any suggestions?

Keep smiling :)

Mayno's love xxx