Tunisian Romances

M

MEMO43

He would often get in a stress with me over something I said or did the first time, ..... but told me this was because he wanted to see if I liked him. .... I can't see what good can come out of it. I don't want a relationship with someone who lives 1,000miles away, and what if he is horrible again…going on my own I risk spending the whole week being ignored, I'm also level headed….if a friend told me she was going to do this I would have laughed!

Hi izzie

Normally I would say hey why not if you don't you will never know (that was the attitude I took when I first decided to go and visit somebody) if it doesn't work out then at least you have had a few days away in a nice hotel. BUT there are a few things which I've picked out above that you wrote that makes me wonder....read them over again and see what you make of it...I think you know the answer.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the very best. x

KIZZEY

:)Hi Izzie
I completely agree with Memo about the things she has hi-lited especialy about not wanting the long distance relationship. Everyone on here will tell you how stressful that part is and it totaly takes over your life. If he was full on and attentive and it was a two way thing i would say go for it but if it took him two days to answer your text and he was nasty to you why would you dream of going out there alone to see him? Stick to going with your friend and see if anything changes. I wish you all the best xx

sylviachoudry

december is very dead not much going on,he may have someone coming to see him ,be cearfull ,has he phoned or text,asking u to go?what hotel was he at?

izzie23

Thanks for all the replies and welcome…

I'm surprised that many people have commented that they think I know what I'm going to do already…I have no idea . Normally I'm very much of a risk taker, and I certainly don't care of making a fool of myself 1,000 miles away, but there is something holding me back. I think it the whole what good can come out of it, I mean if he's horrible, not only will I have a rubbish week but also it will ruin my memories from last time, and if he's nice to me, well, then I'm back in exactly the same situation! I appreciate the highlighted comments, I included them to create a more realistic picture. It certainly wasn't all fun and games, but by getting in a stress I guess it showed he cared.

I would love my friend to come back with me and I know she would if I asked her, but if I end up spending a lot of time with him, then its very unfair on her.

He has never asked me for money. He even paid for the taxi when I went back to his house to have lunch with him and his mum! Infact, when we have been out, he has never even asked for a drink. When I went back the second time though, he did ask me if I had bought him a present - I did take this as a joke though.

He rang me to ask me when if I would come back, and it was me that suggested december. He asked me not to stay at the hotel he works at though, so we could spend more time together.

Any other thoughts…?

Cathibou

Several posts have asked you his name and where he worked but you haven't responded with that information. Are you afraid someone may know something ?
Just a thought!
Cathi

Patrice

Banned
Several posts have asked you his name and where he worked but you haven't responded with that information. Are you afraid someone may know something ?
Just a thought!
Cathi

Yes, it seems you are scared of what any of us can know about him.
Don't. We are here to help people be happy. Not to make them miserable although sometimes the truth is very hard to handle.
Last night, for example, by very ugly means, I got myself the answer I was looking for and that nobody here could give me. I did it all by myself. Believe me, it hurts, oh it hurts but at least, when I am on my feet again after what I found out last night, I can walk on feeling that I did whatever I had to do to know the truth, and I have saved myself from a lot of problems and suffering.
It was not easy, I am still very fragile with what I found out, but I do believe it was worth it.

(Cathi, I will PM upu a.s.a.p. xxx :) )

xxx

Cathibou

(Cathi, I will PM upu a.s.a.p. xxx )

Patrice when you are ready

Jen

Lol I'm 23 too

Go for it if its realy what you want. If you have ANY doubts, then don't, because then you'll be in the damn limbo that I'm in.... :s

arabchique

Lol I'm 23 too

Go for it if its realy what you want. If you have ANY doubts, then don't, because then you'll be in the damn limbo that I'm in.... :s

Aww ... (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

xxxx

Patrice

Banned
Lol I'm 23 too

You know Jen

Last night I found out cheaper ways to go out of that limbo.
Not nice ways but much much cheaper.
Not nice results but if in the end they were supposed to be the same... cheaper!

Jen

What Patrice?! x

sparkle

RUN GIRL RUN as fast as you can and dont look back :)
and im not joking

sparkle

i was telling izzy to run??
dont know about the others :) LOL

Cheryl

i was telling izzy to run??
dont know about the others :) LOL

Yes I'm with sparkle on this as well

RUN! RUN! RUN! There can be so much stress in these relationships! Takes alot of hard work!

Abit to late for me because I get to see mine on Sunday!!!!!!!

So Excited

xxx :D

caley

Dont listen to anyone but yourself babes.

If people say run, its because of THEIR negative experiences. You know, there can be alot of stress in ANY relationship. I was with my ex for 3 years and he lived 5 mins away and it was stress central....and ive been with my bf in tunisia for a year and its no where near as stressful. I actually think i love him more and much deeper than my ex, because we dont have the stupid everyday crap to stress about, we just have to excitement of seeing eachother every 6 weeks and the happiness of appreciating eachother 100% when we are together.

I think that if you are asking advice on here, it means you are considering it, which in turn means you must like him/have a feeling about him/feel a spark of something? Please just follow ur own heart/gut feeling and do not let anyone else put you off. Maybe you could take a friend like others have suggested, but unless you have other holiday plans...then whats the harm in going back once more. xx

Mullet

Hi Izzie

I sympathise! I met a guy in august and was meant to go back and see him after xmas but I kept having a feeling it was all going a bit quick (just got out of a 5 year relationship so when someone starts going on about marriage after a couple of months it's a bit off-putting!) and like you i kept thinking that if it was one of my mates i would be thinking 'she has lost it...!'. So last night I said it was over and not to phone me again - been feeling pretty rotten about it all day, especially since i didn't really give a reason why (my french is a bit limited when it comes to how to break up with someone!) and I am tempted to phone him tonight to say sorry but as Jen says it does kind of feel like you are in some weird limbo all the time (and that's me after just a couple of months) so I feel sort of better that i've made a decision and hoping that i will stick with it now...!

Good luck with whatever you decide xxxx

Cheryl

We can't all live in a perfect world Caley!!!!!

As it so happens at the moment I've not had no negative experiences with my boyfriend. Love him to bits. He's never asked me for anything. But it's not the ideal situation is it? Being parted by a thousand miles! Having to get a visa just for the other party to be able to come over! You don't know half the stress these girls have gone through. It doesn't mean they've had a negative experience!

Cheryl

Hi Izzie

I sympathise! I met a guy in august and was meant to go back and see him after xmas but I kept having a feeling it was all going a bit quick (just got out of a 5 year relationship so when someone starts going on about marriage after a couple of months it's a bit off-putting!) and like you i kept thinking that if it was one of my mates i would be thinking 'she has lost it...!'. So last night I said it was over and not to phone me again - been feeling pretty rotten about it all day, especially since i didn't really give a reason why (my french is a bit limited when it comes to how to break up with someone!) and I am tempted to phone him tonight to say sorry but as Jen says it does kind of feel like you are in some weird limbo all the time (and that's me after just a couple of months) so I feel sort of better that i've made a decision and hoping that i will stick with it now...!

Good luck with whatever you decide xxxx

Awww...Mullet

Good luck with your decision. Try and stay strong if that is what you really want. It's so difficult.

xxx