Tunisian Salaries

Janan

Banned
yes I agree, but it must be well controlled, this is what I say - and later left for free competition - still but good regulated by common laws. People who live in developed economy may be forgot how corruptive can be - the in between space - when lot of moneyy go to some business directly from government. The transparency is something which took long way in my region and thanks EU it was much effective to teach people how it works, and get rid of pld habirs, and get rif of rigid relationships. difficult to bellieve how strong and tricky nets of old good friendships can work.
I say it here. believeing Tunisian, as I know them are strong. Not forgetiing the way is not simple.
I wonder if you can imagine living in corrupted invironment, where your ideas are stolen, you can not speak directly vecause you dont know who is actually who, you feel like you walk in dirt reaching ankles. you pay you dont know why - the value is relative and loses any logic, you feel and know you are cheated but you can not find liar, person falls donw and to nothing.....corruption is destroying.

OK good I should be may be more optimistic... I would love

C

Cas

We see corruption in all forms, under different guises, from government downwards. This is worse because it is not always expected or recognized in Democratic society. It has many different forms and names but I think for Tunisian needs this government intervention or help is temporary and quite necessary. We also need something similar here in the UK with rising unemployment, it may be in the form of reduced tax on fuel, freeze on different duties payable and most important on the level of bonuses paid to banking financiers.

Janan

Banned
State should care, they have our taxes. State should distribute money for good thing. I think those tools like temporary reduction of some payments is good idea. as the companies are aware that one day they have to pay full. May be also shops and places which were robbed and damaged during revolution should get support, this was like natural disaster or force majore more than case for insurance.
When I listen to people which I know, not many changes happen so far in Tuniisa, corruption still similar - on level of common people - like when searching for jobs and so. Maybe more dinamic will be after July ... I still hear about many announced investment project and wonder if they continue to be real... I watch the Jendouba and Tabarka region... will see

Jowita

Hi everyone,
I am looking for information regarding average salary in Tunisia.I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe you will be able to help me?
I need to know what is the average rate per hour for electrician, metalworker(locksmith) and unqualified assistant in Tunisia?
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Jane BM

Low...by western standards that's for sure. I guess if you're a tradesmen it may be slightly higher, but an average unqualified assistant isn't going to get much more than 300/400 dinar a month..

Away from the tourist industry, I know a few people who work in bars and restaurants etc in the north of the country and they do some serious long hours and get maximum 300 dinar a month.

I also know someone who drives a lounge, and he earns roughly 500 dinar a month.

Jowita

Thank you for such a prompt response.
And what about construction sector? or electrical works? I am doing research regarding tunisian wages per hour. Unfortunatelly, it is quite difficult to find this kind of information for electrician or for example metalworker.

Jane BM

Thank you for such a prompt response.
And what about construction sector? or electrical works? I am doing research regarding tunisian wages per hour. Unfortunatelly, it is quite difficult to find this kind of information for electrician or for example metalworker.
That I don't know. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea. I know my Father in Law is a self employed builder, but being self employed, there's no set salary per month.

Scottochott

Hi Jowita, for construction workers the rate is 10-12 dinars per day, perhaps double that for a skilled brick layer. As for electricians, my only experience has been with local self employed types, where everything is negotiable! But should be no more than 50 dinars. Those who own their own larger business can make more. I have used a locksmith once, he spent a couple of hours changing locks for me and I think I paid about 20 dinars. However these were rates charged to me as a foreigner and I'm sure the locals would pay less!

Hope that helps, can I ask why you are researching this?

Jowita

Thank you for the answers.I didn't expect to find help so quickly. Yesterday they couldn't help me in this topic neither in embassy because of vacations. I am working in a polish company interested in cooperation with tunisian company and I need to compare polish wages to tunisian ones. It's quite difficult if you do not have any information;)
Cheers!