Tunisian Wedding traditions

ROULLA

yeah ano there is no aisle thats y i was wondering how the bridesmaids would work... but guess they can just follow me into the hotel.. to my throne :D
It's funny that you say that because they do have a throne believe it or not..

FoxyRoxie89

yeah I know thats why I said it :D

ROULLA

nope why?xx
I was just wondering because everyone has different idea and obviously money as well..I have been to a traditional wedding where they have the layout in the street with plank of wood which is their thrown and they sit there for hours on end...I think that the first time that i saw one like this i was a bit shocked as i had never been to a wedding like this before but then after the second one it was a normal thing to go to..Where my husband comes from Nabeul 9 out of 10 of them have their weddings this way and anyone but everyone just goes along..

FoxyRoxie89

aw well both of s brothers who have married have had nice modern thrones lol thank gawd z hamdoullah!! xx

ROULLA

aw well both of s brothers who have married have had nice modern thrones lol thank gawd z hamdoullah!! xx
I am sure that when you get married you will have a throne fit for a princess.x

FoxyRoxie89

hehe thank you :D xx

Essem

Staff member
je7fa.jpg

Ja7fa - used to transport the bride through the village.

Essem

Staff member
now thats what you call a wedding :)
It was very different and I thought, quite romantic with the groom dressed in white on his horse. They paraded the bride around the village in the Ja7fa for all to see and all the village accompanied her back for the party! They also had a huge bedouin tent erected for shade and chichas.

Thery had a European style party back in Sousse as well.

Jasmine

Mr Groom wants to put his shoes on properly to be on that horse :D

Fantastic photos Essem :)

Jasmine

The shoes like they USED to have a back to them (round the ankle) why do they ruin shoes to make them into flip flops?? :D

caveatemptor

Mr Groom wants to put his shoes on properly to be on that horse :D

Fantastic photos Essem :)
Looks like the spurs are on the front of the shoes.

KheeKhee

It was very different and I thought, quite romantic with the groom dressed in white on his horse. They paraded the bride around the village in the Ja7fa for all to see and all the village accompanied her back for the party! They also had a huge bedouin tent erected for shade and chichas.

Thery had a European style party back in Sousse as well.
How romantic...those Tunisian men know how to romance a woman!:)

Essem

Staff member
wedding sbeitla 2.jpgwedding sbeitla.jpg
Wedding in Sbeitla