uk settlement visa for a partner

nikiniki

Hi haa anyone successfully got a settlement visa with out been married?

Jane BM

Hi haa anyone successfully got a settlement visa with out been married?
You need to be married to obtain a settlement visa, unless you're going down the 'fiancé' route, which ultimately you'd need to be married anyway to then apply for a settlement.

As same sex marriages aren't recognised in Tunisia, I'm assuming that you're not?

lynn

they are getting tougher on everything now making it almost impossible to get visa of any kind

Jane BM

they are getting tougher on everything now making it almost impossible to get visa of any kind
People need to keep themselves updated frequently via the UKBA website. Because yes, there are seemingly constant changes..:rolleyes:

eve

Hi this maybe a silly question but i am finding it difficult to find the correct application for my husband to come and settle here, When go to the settlement visa it says u can apply for that after being here for 5 years. Confused much. Then when i go to find a visa and fill it out it says Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found. Please if someone could help or send me a link would be much appreciated x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
You need spouse visa > futher leave to remain > indefinate leave to remain.

mand

eve apparently it has all changed you have to go to visa4u register there do the application there then do the following applications VAF4A APPENDIX 2 AND THE SU07/12 FORM on-line and apparently you have to pay on line now aswell

Jane BM

eve apparently it has all changed you have to go to visa4u register there do the application there then do the following applications VAF4A APPENDIX 2 AND THE SU07/12 FORM on-line and apparently you have to pay on line now aswell
There are various appendixs now, dependent on the circumstances or type of visa, ie dependent, spouse etc. so before filling in application VAF4A, you need to check which appendix is applicable to your situation.

And yes payment is now made online as opposed to potentially getting mugged outside the embassy with a wad of cash in your pocket...:confused:

mand

I think i see a post before saying you was getting carers so i think the appendix are the right ones according to the website however when u go to apply online find forms etc it says page cannot be found so that baffles me a little.

Jane BM

I think i see a post before saying you was getting carers so i think the appendix are the right ones according to the website however when u go to apply online find forms etc it says page cannot be found so that baffles me a little.
Their whole site baffles me...:rolleyes:, and just when you think you're getting your head around it they go and change it all about!!

mand

I no Jane me to was just with my friend the other day she wanted to apply for spouse visa but even that's called settlement now. One app on the visauk website and the rest on the UKBA but for some reason she couldn't get it up online either. Strange bloody arses.

eve

Thanks for the info and yes i cant seem to get the VAF4A APPENDIX 2 online app either x

Jane BM

If you're going through the visa4u register you should be able to. I've spoken to someone else who's doing it right and they've been able to.

mand

Yeah probably the girl i no is on the first application but she cant move forward and book appointment until her husband opens a bank account to pay for it, then there after it will probably look a lot clearer as of where she does the other online applications.

mand

And to be fair eve i am now unsure if they are the appendix you will have to complete as its all changed i no that it would of been that before the changes so if any one can clarify it for you.

Lyndsey

I've been filling out the new form for settlement visa 1 question says how long do u want to stay in uk for as it's settlement what do I put forever also I don't no about we're to find the appendix to print out to could any 1 please help

KB72

I would advise that before filling out the application that you familiarise yourself with all of the required paperwork. Dig around and read. I've been reading about it for a long time and it is only just now I am 100% certain of what I need. The UKBA do not write things in simple English and they do not lay it all out for you. You have to dig. The appendix are to the right of the visa section on the UKBA website. It will have listed various ones for your needs. I.e dependant children, spouse etc. Read them and make sure you find the right ones.

The settlement comes initially as a 33 month visa. Then you re-apply for further leave to remain which is another 30 months before you can then apply for the ILR. So...your guess is as good as mine on that. I don't think indefinitely or forever would be a good idea. I'd imagine saying 63 months as they then know that you are aware of the cut off period for the visa.

Lyndsey

I would advise that before filling out the application that you familiarise yourself with all of the required paperwork. Dig around and read. I've been reading about it for a long time and it is only just now I am 100% certain of what I need. The UKBA do not write things in simple English and they do not lay it all out for you. You have to dig. The appendix are to the right of the visa section on the UKBA website. It will have listed various ones for your needs. I.e dependant children, spouse etc. Read them and make sure you find the right ones.

The settlement comes initially as a 33 month visa. Then you re-apply for further leave to remain which is another 30 months before you can then apply for the ILR. So...your guess is as good as mine on that. I don't think indefinitely or forever would be a good idea. I'd imagine saying 63 months as they then know that you are aware of the cut off period for the visa.
Ye I've waited nearly 2 years so I'm finally doin it now I do keep worrying about all the paper I need n everything it's 1 question that's easy but so difficult to answer lol

Jane BM

Makes sense.....

eve

Can anyone tell me if we can put in for settlement visa if my husband got level A2 in the KET test