uk settlement visa for a partner

Jane BM

Can anyone tell me if we can put in for settlement visa if my husband got level A2 in the KET test
Have you looked at the list on the UKBA site? Is 35 pages long and gives all the acceptable tests and levels. A1 and above.....

eve

I have looked but dont really understand it (oops)

Jane BM

I have looked but dont really understand it (oops)
What don't you understand? All the levels are there, it's an appendage on the right hand side of the visas and immigration page.

lynn

I would leave him there :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Ha ha, I read that as now, now..!! Not now now :eek::p

KB72

Minimums are;

A1 KET
A2 PET
If I recall correctly. Says both on UKBA and British Council. The Embassy talk out of their hoo haa.

lynn

Now now!!!;)
I'm only being honest, these guys are more trouble than their worth, I am only saying what a lot are thinking and just sitting on their hands. They are damn hard work and anyone thinking about getting 1 here thinking all will be rosy in the garden are just kidding themselves really and anyone that have succeeded deserve a medal bigger than themselves.

Jane BM

I'm only being honest, these guys are more trouble than their worth, I am only saying what a lot are thinking and just sitting on their hands. They are damn hard work and anyone thinking about getting 1 here thinking all will be rosy in the garden are just kidding themselves really and anyone that have succeeded deserve a medal bigger than themselves.
Yes but put it on a different thread!! Lol...not this one.

lynn

Yes but put it on a different thread!! Lol...not this one.
I think this thread is ideal but if you can find one more appropriate feel free to shift it there, like any love sick women will listen anyway , I just hate seeing people being sucked in and going through all the heartache to get them here only for them to change later.

Jane BM

I think this thread is ideal but if you can find one more appropriate feel free to shift it there, like any love sick women will listen anyway , I just hate seeing people being sucked in and going through all the heartache to get them here only for them to change later.
As you know Lynn, there are plenty of other threads!! You know them, scroll through...this one is about settlement visa applications. You've been there before and needed help, just like others do.

Whether you think they should be helping their spouses though is a totally different story, I've no problem whatsoever with your opinion and experiences, probably would help some people...more than happy for you to offer help and advise to people,your experience. Stick it on one of the threads about relationships, Tunisian men...you know the ones!

lynn

As you know Lynn, there are plenty of other threads!! You know them, scroll through...this one is about settlement visa applications. You've been there before and needed help, just like others do.

Whether you think they should be helping their spouses though is a totally different story, I've no problem whatsoever with your opinion and experiences, probably would help some people...more than happy for you to offer help and advise to people,your experience. Stick it on one of the threads about relationships, Tunisian men...you know the ones!
I thought this one was appropriate because some don't read the other threads and then by the time they do it's too. late

KB72

I thought this one was appropriate because some don't read the other threads and then by the time they do it's too. late

The thing is, if people want to do it they will do it and won't listen anyway. There is no logic to love.

They could have the biggest a*hole in the world that wont let them go out with friends, yet they still think the sun shines out of their rear end and declare their love for them. Love is blind, and indeed naïve.
All any one can do is sit back, and watch but should one person have a particular experience it doesn't mean all will have it. Although, I reckon the success rate in Tunisian marriages is very very low. Beznez is everywhere in many forms. Financial gain between British etc. We get douchebags everywhere. You just have to hope you have a gooden and if you don't get have the sense to get rid of them.

lynn

The thing is, if people want to do it they will do it and won't listen anyway. There is no logic to love.

They could have the biggest a*hole in the world that wont let them go out with friends, yet they still think the sun shines out of their rear end and declare their love for them. Love is blind, and indeed naïve.
All any one can do is sit back, and watch but should one person have a particular experience it doesn't mean all will have it. Although, I reckon the success rate in Tunisian marriages is very very low. Beznez is everywhere in many forms. Financial gain between British etc. We get douchebags everywhere. You just have to hope you have a gooden and if you don't get have the sense to get rid of them.
yes True, no one listens till it's too late..

Jane BM

Visa fees going up in April so it seems.....see UKBA site for further info...

LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES
New immigration fees proposed

03 February 2014

The government has announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.

If Parliament approves the changes the new fees will apply from 6 April 2014. Some fees for premium services overseas will apply from 31 March 2014.

The proposals increase most fees by 4 percent, including the short-term visit visa. Other targeted increases are being proposed so that we can limit wider general increases.

The increases will allow us to improve our customer service, and enable us to begin offering optional premium services, including:

• a 3-5 day priority visa service costing £100;
  • a priority settlement application service for a fee of £300;
  • a super priority visa service for £600, which will expedite the application process to the shortest period possible;
  • appointments outside of office hours for a fee of £50; and
  • offering a passport passback service at more locations, which will be charged at £40 per applicant.
The proposals also contain a number of fee reductions and changes, including:

• reducing the fee for direct airside transit visa to £40;
  • reducing sponsorship fees for Tier 2 large sponsor licenses and sponsor action plans, and freezing a number of other sponsorship fees;
  • introducing a Tier 2 shortage occupations fee of £428 for applicants both overseas and in the UK;
  • introducing a new 5 year Tier 2 general/ICT application; and
  • changing the discount for nationals of countries that have ratified the 1961 European Social Charter to a flat rate of £55.
A copy of the proposed new fees table and the written ministerial statementis avaliable at GOV.UK