uk settlement visa

nikiniki

Hi can anyone I have been with my Tunisian bf for over two years we applied for a visitors visa an have been refused twice due to lack of evidence the problem is he works an gets paid cash so has never had a reason for a bank this is going against us we had letters of employment but no luck does he need one for a settlement visa as we feel like we are waising money on the holiday one. Many thanks x

Jane BM

Well it's more important to them that you earn over £18,600 as you'd be his sponsor for a settlement visa.

If he's got a work contract though but been paid cash, how has he made contributions in Tunisia? It wouldn't be difficult for him to open an account over there anyway.

nikiniki

He took a new job in April as he is a furniture maker in a private factory he boss sorts the nitty gritty so to speak out an he gets his wage. Some have been there years and its same for all as Tunisians are so relaxed he never questioned it and as I didn't meed to no I didn't ask. They have verified his employment but they seem to have an issue that he doesn't have a bank account but I can't find any info an different pp say different things.

Essem

Staff member
Perhaps they want to see a paper trail of sorts, money going into an account on a regular basis - part of the intent to return to Tunisia if he has money in the bank there.

A few years back, a friend deposited a heap on money into her then bf's account before they applied for a VV for the UK and it was refused as they could see the money had been put there specifically for that purpose.

Trulymadlydeeply

Did she get it back Essem? ;)

missmetal

Since you British peeps never have to apply for a visa, ;) I can confirm that if you are from a country that requires a visa for travel, every single country you apply to will want to see proof of income. Cash in hand is not proof. Someone can fake an employment letter or get a friend to pretend he's your employer.

You need a bank account to show your wages are going into your account, and you can support your trip financially with the funds available. Simple as that.:)

But since this thread is for settlement visa, its not a requirement for settlement

Jane BM

He took a new job in April as he is a furniture maker in a private factory he boss sorts the nitty gritty so to speak out an he gets his wage. Some have been there years and its same for all as Tunisians are so relaxed he never questioned it and as I didn't meed to no I didn't ask. They have verified his employment but they seem to have an issue that he doesn't have a bank account but I can't find any info an different pp say different things.
Very different requirements for a VV and a settlement visa.

Essem

Staff member
Did she get it back Essem? ;)

Yes she did :) He came to the UK on a VV but he just didn't fit in with her life style and relationship ended :( He wanted her to go live in Tunisia but she could never have made the same money there or had the same standard of living so that was it.

Hi wow we get visa today. I am so happy. The wait is worth it. Thanks to everyone here for your support. Lynn m.x

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations Lynn :)

Jane BM

Congratulations Lynn...you must be thrilled. Xx