uk to tunisia by ferry?

Becky4

Does anyone know the best way of getting to Tunisia from the uk other then flying I know you can go by train and ferry but have no idea where to start any suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advanced xx

ROULLA

dgouda

I'm travelling by ferrie...boat from dover to calais then drive down to marsaille to catch ferrie to tunis. My ferrie to calais is at 12.30pm on a friday have to get to marsaille by 9am saturday!!! It can be done!!!!

Essem

Staff member
Hi Dgouda

Yes it can be done - many years ago we drove often to Genoa from Scotland and one time did it in just over 24 hours including ferry trip.

Becky4

Thanks ladies I dont have a car though so will have to just be train and boat for me :) xx

Becky4

I'm travelling by ferrie...boat from dover to calais then drive down to marsaille to catch ferrie to tunis. My ferrie to calais is at 12.30pm on a friday have to get to marsaille by 9am saturday!!! It can be done!!!!
Where do you book all this and how long does it take to get there as I have a 1 year old that will be with me xx

annh

Sorry for asking in case its personal.... But why dont you want to fly ?
It will be a hell of a journey to get in the Italian or French harbour and then you have 24 more hours to go on the boat ?

Becky4

Sorry for asking in case its personal.... But why dont you want to fly ?
It will be a hell of a journey to get in the Italian or French harbour and then you have 24 more hours to go on the boat ?
my daughter has had an op and shes not allowed to fly

annh

Thats not good news.
Think u first have to sort out w hat harbour you can get to by train. Marseille or Genua. From the station you probably need to get a taxi to the port. If you go on the boat you best book a private cabine for you and your daughter so you have a place to rest and sleep and shower. You could book also a seat but we were on the boat last year with our car and the public toilets were horrible and you can not leave you luggage alone...

ROULLA

Where do you book all this and how long does it take to get there as I have a 1 year old that will be with me xx
Hi Becky hope that you and your daughter are both well! Sorry to hear that your daughter had an operation, hope that she gets better soon:)

How to buy tickets online...
  • Book the ferry first, online at www.sncm.fr or using the Seat61 Ferry Shop. Make a note of the sailing dates & times.
  • Then book the train from London to Marseille. You can book online at either www.raileurope.co.uk or www.tgv-europe.com. See the London to France page for a complete step-by-step guide to using these websites to book train tickets from Paris to Marseille.
  • How to buy tickets by phone...
    Book the ferry first, by calling SNCM's and CTN's UK agent, Southern Ferries, www.southernferries.co.uk, on 0844 815 7785.
    Then book the train from London to Marseille, by calling Rail Europe on 0844 848 5 848 (lines open 09:00-19:00 Mondays-Fridays, 09:00-18:00 Saturdays).
  • This one sounds easier...
  • Alternatively, you can book through any European rail-appointed travel agent such as Ffestiniog Travel (01766 772050). Click here for more European rail booking information.