Urgent info please re. Islam

Black Mamba

i agree. anyone with strong iman(faith in Allah) would not fear it. they would know no harm can come to you except by Allahs will. Allah does protect those who ask.
scary stuff eh thats why they choose kids....vunerable
Indeed.
There was a program about it in Tunis7, scary and horrible

beenthere

all that said, a lot of this is tradition of people who have no real knowledge of Islam. the first thing my mil did was pin 3 gold pieces on my daughter to protect her from the eyne(which is real) a hoot, the hand of fatma, and i think the other was an eye.. its been 7 years. lol

beenthere

scary stuff eh thats why they choose kids....vunerable
yes, thats why its better to stay away from it and those who practice. tell your friend to kick this women out and recite the Quran in her house as soon as possibile.

Black Mamba

all that said, a lot of this is tradition of people who have no real knowledge of Islam. the first thing my mil did was pin 3 gold pieces on my daughter to protect her from the eyne(which is real) a hoot, the hand of fatma, and i think the other was an eye.. its been 7 years. lol
I don't believe in most stuff but I do believe in the evil eye.

If I see you and you're very pretty, I should say: ma7lek, mashallah.;)

Nobody

there is black magic. it is very real, but those whose practice it are cursed themselves. any kind of magic or superstitions are forbidden in Islam.
There is no such things as magic, there are only things that we cannot yet explain and things where we misinterpret cause and result and/or casual coincidence.

I have been involved in a magic ritual in Tunisia (in the region of Bizerte, there seem to be a lot of magicians...) and could witness all the typical tricks and tools of experienced conmen/women who exploit superstitional belief and missing education and reason. It was not really a huge difference to westafrican rituals (which became widely know as "Voodoo" and are practised eg. in the Carribean).

The dangerous thing, though, is that often "remedies" are "prescribed" which can be bought in special voodoo shops (posing as herbal shops), I visited one of those eg. in Beja.
These include halluzinogenic drugs (eg. nightshade plants) and other pythopharmaka, some of which can have a detrimental and constant effect on health of mind and/or body of the victim. They are supposed to be applied openly (like a medicine) or covertly (secretly through food and drinks or placement in the room) to the victim.

janette

urgent advice Islam

Thanks for e mail address Balck Mamba, have tried to send an e mail, but inbox is full at the moment. Will try in a day or so. xx

Black Mamba

Thanks for e mail address Balck Mamba, have tried to send an e mail, but inbox is full at the moment. Will try in a day or so. xx
I will do as well :)

ROULLA

Hi BM hope that you are in god health! I also believe in the evil eye and have god knows how many here and in Tunisia around the house...It's really funny because i don't think that some people get it..Loads of people say "oh my god your daughter is so beautiful" and that's it but my husband goes mad when they don't say Mashallah and us Greeks Pretend to spit saying the words "PO Po Po it means the same as mashallah but we also say that as well..We always put the seeds of bread in our daughters pockets , it's like the eye as well..Anyone heard of that..Plus we have a batch of garlic hanging in our kitchen...Everyone has their beliefs but that is one thing that we all believe in within my family

Black Mamba

Hi BM hope that you are in god health! I also believe in the evil eye and have god knows how many here and in Tunisia around the house...It's really funny because i don't think that some people get it..Loads of people say "oh my god your daughter is so beautiful" and that's it but my husband goes mad when they don't say Mashallah and us Greeks Pretend to spit saying the words "PO Po Po it means the same as mashallah but we also say that as well..We always put the seeds of bread in our daughters pockets , it's like the eye as well..Anyone heard of that..Plus we have a batch of garlic hanging in our kitchen...Everyone has their beliefs but that is one thing that we all believe in within my family
Mum puts that in my pockets all the time lol

ROULLA

Mum puts that in my pockets all the time lol
I think that the Greeks and Tunisians think the same about the evil eye , am i right ? I am sure that if you ever visited me you will think that i am mad with all the eyes in the house...Hey BM you know what else the Greeks do, when they have been visited by say someone with an evil eye or a bad energy as soon as that person leaves we through a bucket of water with sugar in it for the good energy to come back and then i get my kanoon out with my pour...

FoxyRoxie89

This story is sick.

But on the subject of bread, ROULLA do the greeks not do a prayer when somebody dies, and they hand out bags of bread and the seeds to people that knew them x

ROULLA

This story is sick.

But on the subject of bread, ROULLA do the greeks not do a prayer when somebody dies, and they hand out bags of bread and the seeds to people that knew them x
Yes that is correct, they give out small bags which contains seeds, pomegranates,almonds and raisins and you eat this to kind of bless the dead..

The bread that has been blessed is eaten as well to bless the dead but not a bag full just a piece of bread...

You see we would never walk past a piece of bread on the street, we would remove it from the pavement so that no one steps on it as this is classed as AMARTIA which is HARAM..This is the Greek way anyway..x

newtosousse

BM what does Mashallah mean. I have had it said to me after someone has given me a compliment.

Or when I have given friends gifts they have said it too.

newtosousse

I think that the Greeks and Tunisians think the same about the evil eye , am i right ? I am sure that if you ever visited me you will think that i am mad with all the eyes in the house...Hey BM you know what else the Greeks do, when they have been visited by say someone with an evil eye or a bad energy as soon as that person leaves we through a bucket of water with sugar in it for the good energy to come back and then i get my kanoon out with my pour...
I burn incense or put frankincense in an oil burner to clear the space. I don't want that energy staying there.

beenthere

BM what does Mashallah mean. I have had it said to me after someone has given me a compliment.

Or when I have given friends gifts they have said it too.
not BM, mashAllah is saying 'look what God made'(as was explained to me) although i found a few different meanings in a online search.
"Mashallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: God has willed it.http://islamfactor.org/index.php?showtopic=812

--
Meaning of...
Word: Mashallah
Meaning: Literally means 'Whatever Allah (God) wills'. It is often used in occasions where there is surprise in someones' good deeds or achievements. For example people say Mashallah when someone does very well in their exams.
True Form: ماشاءالله Grammar: phraze; 3 words;
Explanation:

newtosousse

Been there, that would make sense when i have given gifts. I found it strange when a man has said he thinks I am beautiful, and then says mashallah, but now I understand.

Trulymadlydeeply

Janette does this woman have any family in Tunisia that would help her gain strength to get rid of this evil piece of rubbish!!! As mentioned already maybe this woman is putting something in the mothers food/drink too!!!?? I tell you what I would do, as a friend I believe it is YOUR duty to report this. I know Tunisians do not like "others" in their business but if you saw a child being abused in the Uk you would ring social services (I would anyway) the same needs to be done here. ALERT THE AUTHORITIES NOW.....

Black Mamba

This trash reminds of stupid fatwas( most of the time they make no sense)!

I hate them and I hate imams who pray on the mind of people, using their insecurities and their faith( most of the time weak and vulnerable) for their own scum purposes.

I get into fights all the time because of this sh**** mentality and I won't shut up about it.

Like Mohammed said: if you see evil and you don't react, you are an accomplice.

Black Mamba

not BM, mashAllah is saying 'look what God made'(as was explained to me) although i found a few different meanings in a online search.
"Mashallah - English transliteration for the Arabic; meaning: God has willed it.http://islamfactor.org/index.php?showtopic=812

--
Meaning of...
Word: Mashallah
Meaning: Literally means 'Whatever Allah (God) wills'. It is often used in occasions where there is surprise in someones' good deeds or achievements. For example people say Mashallah when someone does very well in their exams.
True Form: ماشاءالله Grammar: phraze; 3 words;
Explanation:
Exactly that, we use it also to express our admiration for something/someone beautiful or like Beenthere said, a good deed.

janette

Urgent advice needed

My friend has no-one in Tunisia to support her other than me - although she does have a few expat casual friends.
I thought that i was articulate enough to fully explain the situation, but clearly am not.
i would have said that my friend was not afraid of her husband - as she has said often enough in the past, but in this case certainly is not strong enough to stand up to him - she just appears totally drained of all strength somehow. I have given her all the lectures and warnings about the adverse efffects of aunty during the visit two years ago - I used to literally go beserk on hearing about the 'koranic water' bit especially, but to no avail - because she said that her husband said that he was doing what he was doing to protect his family - because of course aunty said so. And i know without any doubts that if i interfere i will be banned from all contact with the family. I feel that it is better if i try to get her to do something, because then at least i am here to support her. if i isolate myself from the situation, she is all alone and the problem could get worse. At least now that Hela is older, she is able to distance herself and keep an eye on her sister. It is just such a mess.
I intend to copy the posts re all this being Haraam and have yet another serious talk with her about standing up to the family. thank you to all those who have responded to my request. x