Visa granted!

SamiiJ

Hi all :)!

My husband finally got his visa to join me & our little boy :)!

He got his decision in 5 weeks so wasn't too bad but it was a long 5 weeks lol!

Just a quick question, when your husbands got to the UK what were they asked at passport control or was it pretty simple?

Thank you!!
Xx

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations SamiiJ. Xx

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations.

He will be asked address who he is staying with and some logistical details.

Sometimes its good to go together but at the end of the day as long as he knows his stuff about you he should be fine.

Saule

Congratulations.

Me and my husband arrived in two different airports on the same day. But I was there just as he landed.He called me, because he did not know the address by heart.

In the immigration main questions was: the address you will be living?
And other small silly questions:when/where did you meet?mother's/father's names?

He spent around 10min and they let him go.

Shazza100

congratulations!!! :)

We are currently waiting. 5 weeks was not too long at all...did your husband submit his documents at the visa centre first week of february?

Last edited:

Jane BM

They'll ask him why he's here...lol...maybe a few things like your name, address, nothing too taxing.

Congratulations on a swift yes!! Xx

Bens O

Congratulations!! Is it 5 weeks including the weekends?

curly

Congratulations x

curly

Just a quick question, when your husbands got to the UK what were they asked at passport control or was it pretty simple?

Thank you!!
Xx
Did you get your translations stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry pf justice??

Could u just let me know what you got stamped and where?? Asap as we only have two days!
Thanks x

SamiiJ

It was five weeks including weekends so it wasn't too bad :) he got here okay anyway :) they were great with him at passport as well!

SamiiJ

Did you get your translations stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry pf justice??

Could u just let me know what you got stamped and where?? Asap as we only have two days!
Thanks x
Hey! Any papers that were translated he got stamped xx my husband said if you need anything private message me and I can give you his number and he can explain :) xx

luna06

Thank you!!
Xx
Hey sami
Congratulations: ) could you please tell me if you send your English certificate together with the papers or just the results ? As my hubby passed his English test but still waiting for the certificate, how long does it take after obtaining the results? This waiting process for one paper is very annoying, Thanks a lot in advanced
Enjoy your time with hubby: )

Lisa

congratulations. Im still struggling to get my husband here as no one seems to know the rules on self employment after numerous questions ive asked, its really starting to wear me down. CAN ANYONE HELP ME AT ALL !!!!!!!

Trulymadlydeeply

I would think as long as you can show your accounts of what you're earning should be the same as wage slips.

Jane BM

congratulations. Im still struggling to get my husband here as no one seems to know the rules on self employment after numerous questions ive asked, its really starting to wear me down. CAN ANYONE HELP ME AT ALL !!!!!!!
Same rules apply. I'm self employed, so you need to show that you earn £18,600 a year, bank statements, I also got my accountant to write a letter confirming my business and outgoings/income.

shazia

Thank you!!
Xx
Hi my husband came in January 2014. At passport control in Manchester he was asked my date of birth and if he would be working. The woman was pleasant as when he was asked my date of birth he gave our wedding date like lol

shazia

Hi

I'm self employed too

We applied in September 2013

Basically you have to show you earn a minimum of £18,600 and this has to be backed up by 6 months bank statements and your tax and ni sent from hmrc. Also if you have your letter showing your unique tax reference when you registered your business. Also your accounts from your accountant but he has to be a member of an accepted registered body

shazia

Hey sami
Congratulations: ) could you please tell me if you send your English certificate together with the papers or just the results ? As my hubby passed his English test but still waiting for the certificate, how long does it take after obtaining the results? This waiting process for one paper is very annoying, Thanks a lot in advanced
Enjoy your time with hubby: )
Hi you need to send the certificate x

curly

Thank you!!
Xx
Hi SamiiJ,

What test did your hubby take and what level did he pass at????? x