Visa Online payment in Tunisia

DARK ANGEL

s300_960x640.jpg

From 16 December 2013 all applications for a UK visa must be completed and paid for online.

Once you have applied and paid online you should attend the British Embassy in Tunis to submit a printed copy of your application form and biometric data (fingerprints and photograph).

Appointments to submit applications at the British Embassy must be booked online when completing the online application form.

You can pay online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards (including pre-paid cards). Please ensure the payment method has sufficient funds available before attempting application and payment.

The British Embassy in Tunis will only accept applications from those who have applied and booked an appointment online.

This is part of a wider change to allow almost all our customers to apply and pay for their visa online by April 2014.
Source : British Embassy Tunisia

Jane BM

That's much better, rather than having to take a wad of cash to the Embassy!!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thats assuming you have a credit card

Also will that be in dinars? I just did a couple of applications for some relatives to visit the wife today.

Did not pay though it still gave me online or in person options.

Essem

Staff member
Do they state if there's an extra charge for using credit cards?

It also means that fewer people have to handle cash ;)

rosanna

s300_960x640.jpg

From 16 December 2013 all applications for a UK visa must be completed and paid for online.

Once you have applied and paid online you should attend the British Embassy in Tunis to submit a printed copy of your application form and biometric data (fingerprints and photograph).

Appointments to submit applications at the British Embassy must be booked online when completing the online application form.

You can pay online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards (including pre-paid cards). Please ensure the payment method has sufficient funds available before attempting application and payment.

The British Embassy in Tunis will only accept applications from those who have applied and booked an appointment online.

This is part of a wider change to allow almost all our customers to apply and pay for their visa online by April 2014.
Source : British Embassy Tunisia
WARNING
We submitted the visa application online dec 6 th at that time the payment option was in person at embassy appointment ! When this changed to online payment on dec 16 th I went back into the application to try to pay online as out appointment was jan 10 th at the embassy it would not hive me the option to pay online so therefore when we went to embassy on jan 10 th we thought it would be ok to make the payment then but the Brit embassy refused the payment therefore refused to proceed with visa application we were told to re apply with a new e mail address make the payment then return to the embassy ! Which we have now sorted out !! So please if anyone else done this then u need to cancel the application and re do the online form ! Hope this prevents anyone else falling into the trap we fell into last fri !! Good luck

Jane BM

WARNING
We submitted the visa application online dec 6 th at that time the payment option was in person at embassy appointment ! When this changed to online payment on dec 16 th I went back into the application to try to pay online as out appointment was jan 10 th at the embassy it would not hive me the option to pay online so therefore when we went to embassy on jan 10 th we thought it would be ok to make the payment then but the Brit embassy refused the payment therefore refused to proceed with visa application we were told to re apply with a new e mail address make the payment then return to the embassy ! Which we have now sorted out !! So please if anyone else done this then u need to cancel the application and re do the online form ! Hope this prevents anyone else falling into the trap we fell into last fri !! Good luck
What a complete pain.....that wasn't thought through very well by them was it !! You'd have thought that those who'd completed their application before that date would have been able to. Guess their get out clause is that officially the application is submitted when the documents are taken it....a play on words. Good luck

rosanna

T
What a complete pain.....that wasn't thought through very well by them was it !! You'd have thought that those who'd completed their application before that date would have been able to. Guess their get out clause is that officially the application is submitted when the documents are taken it....a play on words. Good luck
Yes it was awful to stand outside in the cold for an hour alone then to see my husband come out carrying all the file he went in with not at all nice ! It almost feels like they set people up to fail ! Sorry if I sound negative but it is how I feel ! The most annoying thing was I had the £900 changed into dinars only to find the hotel weren't allowed to change it back to £ and neither were the banks !!! Luckily we had a friend who works in airport who managed to get it changed back for us and only lost £50 so really it could have been a lot worse ! But anyway it's all submitted again and hubby goes to embassy again on Monday so fingers crossed it will be ok !!

Jane BM

T
Yes it was awful to stand outside in the cold for an hour alone then to see my husband come out carrying all the file he went in with not at all nice ! It almost feels like they set people up to fail ! Sorry if I sound negative but it is how I feel ! The most annoying thing was I had the £900 changed into dinars only to find the hotel weren't allowed to change it back to £ and neither were the banks !!! Luckily we had a friend who works in airport who managed to get it changed back for us and only lost £50 so really it could have been a lot worse ! But anyway it's all submitted again and hubby goes to embassy again on Monday so fingers crossed it will be ok !!
They don't budge do they!! Best of luck next week. Xx (go sit in a coffee shop next time if you're over there...lol).

rosanna

They don't budge do they!! Best of luck next week. Xx (go sit in a coffee shop next time if you're over there...lol).
I'm not over there now I'm back home feeling very fed up and worried ! Do you know what sort of thing they usually fail people on ?

Jane BM

I'm not over there now I'm back home feeling very fed up and worried ! Do you know what sort of thing they usually fail people on ?
Try not to think like that Rosanna cos you've got a good few weeks wait now and it'll be torture. Feel confident that you've met the criteria, which I'm sure you have. People are refused for a variety of reasons, but if nothing else it seems to make people more and more thorough with the paperwork they submit, in which case it won't happen.

rosanna

Try not to think like that Rosanna cos you've got a good few weeks wait now and it'll be torture. Feel confident that you've met the criteria, which I'm sure you have. People are refused for a variety of reasons, but if nothing else it seems to make people more and more thorough with the paperwork they submit, in which case it won't happen.
Yes you're right I will try to not get too stressed with it thanks x

real madrid

hi im new in this forum i like to ask question about online payment pls . im trying to pay my spouse visa online from tunisia
the visa cost is about 23oo dinar and the problem is the max of my bank card is 2000 dinar i went to my bank and they said they cant do nothink about it . is ther any way to pay the visa from tunisia because i asked 3 banks and they said the max of the card is 2000 dinar.
or i have to pay it from uk ??
thanks

s300_960x640.jpg

Source : British Embassy Tunisia[/quote]

Scottochott

I have a gold card from BIAT, they let me set my limit and I asked for 5000 per week, no probs! Maybe worth a try

real madrid

thank you very much i will try with biat tom then . i have to open new account with them just to pay the visa but i got no choice
so i will do it. thank u for ur help

real madrid

the gold card that u have from BIAT is it visa card ?because i saw in the embassy site that the card has to be visa or master card.
thanks..

Scottochott

the gold card that u have from BIAT is it visa card ?because i saw in the embassy site that the card has to be visa or master card.
thanks..

Yes visa