Visa

Soltef

Congratulations lloydy have been thinking about you all day glad you got a yes and sorry lozz i was refused 4 times so i know exactly how youre feeling, but my husband has been here with me since oct 09 so dont give up hope xo
Congrats, Lloydy! It goes to show that persistence and a water-tight application go a long way. Lozzy, don't give up-I'm sure you'll get it next time.

C

christine j

It's such a senstive issue, incredibly frustrating and so very disappointing (to say the least) for those for whom it doesn't go the way they want.

Does it really matter how long you've known someone, or by what means you've met - all that really matters are your circumstances, that of your partner and content of your application for visa?
I totally agree and thankyou at ;last for someone who can reply with a positive attitude towards my point... i would like to leave the site how do i delete my account please?

laura-saif

But what does it matter how long we know our husbands, if their is love and they want to be together its irrelevant!! I am sick and tired of people commenting on how long they have known their boyfriend or husband its not set in stone... or any laws!! I cant believe some people on here and how they think they know everything and they think they are right about everything... sorry i am angry
i think you need to read my comment again, because your reply is irrelevent as i was stating that AT FIRST I WAS ANGRY AND THINKING THAT UNTIL I LOOKED AT REFUSAL....... god dam some people need to chill so then they can read comment AS THEY ARE MENT AND NOT AS THEY WANT TO SEE THEM

SEANITA

Congratulations to those that were successful and to those that weren't I am sorry. Hopefully if you are able to take it to appeal the decisions will be reversed.

amirah

amirah, im on full benefits with 3 kids and my hubby has just been allowed visa threw appeal court there are ways around this to get them here xx
really thought u had not to be on any benefits please can u tell me more about your situation and how this works maybe there is some hope for us.thanks x

lozz

I would just like to say thankyou for your kind words. Well its 2 days now since refusal. im in bits, cant stop crying I just feel so ill. I need some help please as I just dont know where to go from here, I just cant even think straight at the minute. I am just in pieces at the moment and would really appreciate some advice for appeal. Im going over there on the 19th now as I need to see my husband. Do you think I should try and get it overturned at the embassy. My husband now has a really good job offer from my brother who has his own business. xxxx

catoussama

Hi Lozz, I will try to help as much as I can....I know how you feel....we were refused in 5 days flat before I had even left Tunisia and it was almost impossible to get on that plane and leave him. I will give you my number and email address...speak soon xxx

lozz

Thanks Cat, I would appreciate your help but are you sure. I know you are going through hell yourself right now. xxx

laura-saif

hey hunni well i get income support, child tax and benefit, i have 3 children aged 5, 4 and 3..... we was refused bout in june, one for them saying he not genuine due to lack of correspondence on his behalf, 2 because of my benefits, 3 they said his job offer wasnt genuine and they said i could live in tunisia with kids.....

so i went to hearing nearly 2 weeks ago and basically show evidence of msn, emails and facebook convo that the embassy didnt look at and they asked questions about my relationship and i was told by judge embassy should of used that information...
i proved job offer was genuine but also my dad offered 3rd party sponsor and my dad did a budget sheet, i did one i also provided one to show what i would save if hubby was here so then there was no reason for them to refuse that as hubby could be support and work with out us needing to be on public funds

also i proved i cannot move to tunisia as tried for 5 weeks but my kids dad demanded i bring them back... xxx

alijane

Hi laura-saif, as i mentioned before i have my hearing next friday the 11th, what sort of questions was you asked by the judge, and how long was you in the room for, do you know yet when your husband will have his visa and what the time scale is to get them xx

laura-saif

Hi laura-saif, as i mentioned before i have my hearing next friday the 11th, what sort of questions was you asked by the judge, and how long was you in the room for, do you know yet when your husband will have his visa and what the time scale is to get them xx
hey hunni, we was in hearing for just over an hour but we waited nearly 2 hours before being seen........ basically it was hard as embassy hadnt sent any paperwork to the home office or the judge so lucky i took origianl folder and a copy of refusal notice (but ho women did have the refusal notice) so she read out refusal and then point by point judge asked questions about my relationship ect, about my benefits and asked questions about my dad and his work then went over why i couldnt go to live in tunisia, then my dad was called in and was questioned and i got in trouble from judge as i went to answer a question he asked my dad, he asked him about my relationship and about his job wages ect then the home office women asked my dad some questions, i was even asked when i first had s#x with my hubby i was well embarassed..... the home office women had chance to speak to judge and state weather she thought refusal shud stand or not, but she said she couldnt see why it was refused then judge said hubby will hear in 2 weeks of decision but i asked if i could recieve a copy as post in tunisia is rubbish at moment and he agreed and told me to be positive...... 3 days later i got decision and visa allowed on immigration grounds and human rights grounds he didnt even need to concider Article 8 concerning the rights to respect for private and family life...

alijane

haha that made me laugh, how embarrasing i wouldnt be able to look at him, they didnt return my paper work back they should of sent it back by the 10th december but still havnt received it but my solicitor has got all the paper work he needs from me so hopefully i ill get a good result this time it has been a long 8 months very stressful but looking back on my application now it was s--t and could of provided more it wasnt till i actually read threw the refusal i could see where my mistakes were made xx

laura-saif

same here i was going made and i relised they made there decision without looking at all the paperwork bso i brought that up in hearing i didnt take a solicitor i went on my own lol was so scared but done it xxx when i recieved decision i still had to ring tribunal to double cheack what i was reading lol and it was proven i werent seeing things lol xx

alijane

awww bless im really happy for you, do you know when he will be able to come over yet, also the embassy have made 2 mistakes on my refusal to be honest i dont think they read the application properly cus they say hes a farmer lol and it clearly states he has his own business driving a 9 seater taxi, and they said that i was very willig to have an interview in arabic it does not mention anything about me wanting this on the application form,

laura-saif

the judge says to me the embassy do not stick to law which they should and stick to the application and evidence which they dont.... mmmm it can take anything up to 12 weeks but i emailed embassy and they said it will take 5-10 days from recieving decision x

sianperkins89

what right do they have asking when you first had *** with him? you could have slept with him on the first day or never done it at all until you married! i don't see what relevance that has to anything, it's just rude!

amirah

what right do they have asking when you first had *** with him? you could have slept with him on the first day or never done it at all until you married! i don't see what relevance that has to anything, it's just rude!
really this is way too personal i think i would be very embarressed if i had to reply to that question in front of a room of strangers i think thats very private and should be kept that way.

laura-saif

i didnt and still dont understand it but i went bright red and and then told him and then judge said thats good and said summit bout the reports of tunisian men sleeping with english girls first night they met and then married them as thought they easy and was easy to get a visa, i just went well i didnt an my hubby not after just a visa xx

char

hi all
my husband is waiting for his decsion to be overtunred.the embassy has called his employer to check his work out which is all cool.does this mean there in the process of looking at it.there taking forever and i have emailed then servral times
please advise
thanks
charlene

khl

They called to check HIS work?
I dont think it makes any difference. They may call because they are at the start of looking, in the middle or at the end of looking at his application.
When my husband applied for visa they never called my job.
But keep on at the embassy. I did this and he was contacted days later. Did the same with appeal and he was contacted a few days later, this time with a good result.

What did they refuse him on if u dont mind me asking?