Visa

char

they refused him on the basic that i was his sponser and im on benifts so they wanted to see what excat benifits i was on like my child benifit and child tax thts cause we have children.and they wanted to see a letter from his employer to see how much muni he wud be earning so he can afford to pay for his own accomadation without anyhelp from any source of goverment muni.he will be earning good muni.the embassy take the piss.im also nearly 9 months pregant and we have a little boy whois 16months.we are married aswell.i have sent them so many emails.i just been praying that they overturn the descion.cant think why else they would reuse him.

amirah

hi hun if you dont mind me asking when was your hubbys visa refused.im only asking because my friend got refused 3rd december and is on full benefits and got told yesterday they now have the visa its been overturned when looked at again.

Jasmine

they refused him on the basic that i was his sponser and im on benifts so they wanted to see what excat benifits i was on like my child benifit and child tax thts cause we have children.and they wanted to see a letter from his employer to see how much muni he wud be earning so he can afford to pay for his own accomadation without anyhelp from any source of goverment muni.he will be earning good muni.the embassy take the piss.im also nearly 9 months pregant and we have a little boy whois 16months.we are married aswell.i have sent them so many emails.i just been praying that they overturn the descion.cant think why else they would reuse him.
Char..

I would have thought you would have broken down your "income" in your application for them to see?? Surely it asks what your income is and how/when/what is paid to you? It asks whether you get money from family/friends too. Surely you could have prevented this as being a reason for refusal by doing so in the first place.

Lesson learnt. I hope that you get some decision as soon as possible, with being pregnant you should be taking it easy at 9 mths, so try not to get over-obssessed with emailing the embassy when it falls on deaf ears. Be patient and i hope it works out for you. x

char

he got refused on 5th decmber .has ur friend been emailing the embassy.i have emailed them l,oads.when they called him did he collect his visa then and there.i just want my hubby home

amirah

he got refused on 5th decmber .has ur friend been emailing the embassy.i have emailed them l,oads.when they called him did he collect his visa then and there.i just want my hubby home
no she never emailed them at all she was all set to go to court they contacted her cos they couldnt get a hold of him he has to go to embassy but i dont know when.

char

we havent got a court date or anyfing yet.i had an email from them saying that they were waiting for some documents to come from the homeoffice then they are going to look at his case as a prority and then the other day his empolyer got a phone call so the embassy must be looking at it i think,well i hope so.does ur friend and her fellar have kids?we have a little boy and im 9 months preganant

khl

I have a qn... my husband has his settlement visa (his algerian, living in algeria) but i just wondering can he fly in to the uk from tunisia (tickets work out cheaper) if i travel back with him?
Also when he is here is there anything he needs to do? Ive found out about the national insurance number he needs to start work.. but other than that is there anything else??

lloydy7179

I have a qn... my husband has his settlement visa (his algerian, living in algeria) but i just wondering can he fly in to the uk from tunisia (tickets work out cheaper) if i travel back with him?
Also when he is here is there anything he needs to do? Ive found out about the national insurance number he needs to start work.. but other than that is there anything else??
Hi KHL, congratulations on your hubby's visa! Yes he needs to apply for national insurance number, open bank account (most employers in england need bank account details for their salary), register at doctors and dentist?!

We've done all that and now living our married life together, its awesome!! xx

olliebaby

Hi KHL, congratulations on your hubby's visa! Yes he needs to apply for national insurance number, open bank account (most employers in england need bank account details for their salary), register at doctors and dentist?!

We've done all that and now living our married life together, its awesome!! xx
We are just applying for k's next part of the visa, he said last night can you imagine if they said no??? arghhhh! I cant imagine how that would be having him here for 6 months, all settled in and then they said no to him staying, so scary. Anyway congrats everyone on your visas and well done mohammed on his job.

Ive put some pics on Lloydy :) x

Soltef

We are just applying for k's next part of the visa, he said last night can you imagine if they said no??? arghhhh! I cant imagine how that would be having him here for 6 months, all settled in and then they said no to him staying, so scary. Anyway congrats everyone on your visas and well done mohammed on his job.

Ive put some pics on Lloydy :) x
Keep going Olliebaby!Worth it in the end if it's meant to be!Good luck!

olliebaby

Keep going Olliebaby!Worth it in the end if it's meant to be!Good luck!
Thanks Soltef, I really do count my blessings that he is here with me now as I know how awful it is being away from them and waiting for visa decisions etc, its just KEEPING him here now we have to work on. Fingers crossed. x

emm

Hi everyone,

My husband applied for his settlement visa to the UK on the 15th March and I was just wondering for those you have done it already, how long it took to make a decision.

Thanks.

Marie1959

we applied 3rd november and got decision 10th december hun but it varies

Jasmine

They do say allow up to 12 weeks for a decision.

Good luck on your application :)

lloydy7179

We waited from 12th November till 1st Feb!! Have it in your mind that it's going to take 12 weeks, then anything before will be a bonus!!

scorpio

my husband applied for his visa mid march also, we were told minimum 3 weeks but as previously advised can take up to 12 weeks. So we are not expecting to hear until at least mid april. Good luck and ill keep you updated.

Spooky

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it has been taking this year for settlement visas to be processed? Has anyone applied this year?>
THanks

olliebaby

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it has been taking this year for settlement visas to be processed? Has anyone applied this year?>
THanks
Hiya

Anything from 2 weeks to 3 months it would seem.

Spooky

Really, 2 weeks so quick? Is that someone that you know or it was you heard it?

Thanks x

olliebaby

Really, 2 weeks so quick? Is that someone that you know or it was you heard it?

Thanks x
It was ours. It was a 3 week wait for the Fiance visa and 2 week wait for his settlement / 2 year leave to remain BUT always expect to wait 3 months (as this is the time frame they give) and anything less will be a bonus :)

When did you apply? x