Visa

Spooky

It was ours. It was a 3 week wait for the Fiance visa and 2 week wait for his settlement / 2 year leave to remain BUT always expect to wait 3 months (as this is the time frame they give) and anything less will be a bonus :)

When did you apply? x
Ah but did you apply in the UK for the settlement? I mean for an app that was submitted in tunis?

We just applied 1.5 weeks ago x

olliebaby

Fiance visa was submitted in Tunis. But Ive known people apply around the same time as eachother, 1 person heard in 3 weeks and the other took 3 months. Each case is different.

Good luck though, hope its a quick one but really I would say dont expect to hear in less than 3 months and it will be easier to handle x

Spooky

Thanks very much Ollie.....anyone else??

emm

Hi,
My husband applied on 15th March this year, and the embassy phoned my work to check my employment last Friday so hopefully we will get decision soon. I was told to wait between 3 - 12 weeks for decision.
Good luck with everything

lloydy7179

We had to wait 12 weeks almost but its definitely worth the wait :) xx

sarahbelle

my husband has an appointment on 6th may to hand in his completed visa application and paperwork.....

can anyone tell me what happens on this day ?? is it purly just to hand in paperwork or will he be interviewed ???

then what happens ???

would just like to know what the process is

thankyou

crazypink

They will take all his paperwork off him and tell him to wait for a call. Hubby was in and out in about 10mins. Its really no big thing. Also they will take his fingerprints.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

sarahbelle

thankyou for that.....
do they always call and whatfor ?? is this for them to come for an interview or does not everyone get an interview

crazypink

They will call him for him to collect his passport - then he will be told if he has his visa or not.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

LittleMissSunshine

Sorry - am posting in various different sections tonight. This one relates to the settlement visa application process.

Firstly, does it have to be done online or do they have a paper form that can be completed? If it's online, does anybody have a link so that I could take a look?

Secondly, what happens in respect of the application fee? Do you complete the application form online and get an appointment to go in with the supporting papers and to pay the fee, or do you have to provide a debit/credit card?

Thirdly, I'm aware of all of the documents I have to take but what documents will my husband have to provide?

Thanks

Catherine xxx

lainie

any time, honey

hi am new to the site, have been looking but can't seem to find any advice on the best way to present the actual visa to the embassy, has anyone got any advice? or anyone who has been successful, how did you present yours to them? sorry if its a strange question, just i have come to realise just how picky the embassy can be on everything!!! thanks x

lainie

hi am new to the site, have been looking but can't seem to find any advice on the best way to present the actual visa to the embassy, has anyone got any advice? or anyone who has been successful, how did you present yours to them? sorry if its a strange question, just i have come to realise just how picky the embassy can be on everything!!! thanks x
hi rachi, i have the same question so lets hope someone comes along with an answer soon.
xx

crazypink

I put everything in separate brown envelopes and marked each on clearly as to what it contained eg birth certs, wage slips etc. Then put it all in one large envelope. The trick is not to go stupid with the application and try to put everything but the kitchen sink in!! Less is sometimes more. Look at what they are asking for and be precise. Lots of MSN convos off the net and that kind of thing are not needed and will not help your application.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

lainie

hi crazypink, so what kind of evidince owuld you put in?
i was thinking phone bills, flight stubs for me, 7 photos, maybe a postcard or two, plus 6 months bank statements and my mortgage statement.

does that sound reasonable? is there anything else?a letter from my work?

people keep talking about letters supporting the relationshiop rfom family and friends, etc
its all doing my head in!!

crazypink

I put a few letters from our personal friends and family who knew us both, any letters you have sent each other over the time you have been together, a letter from my boss, Tenancy agreement, council tax bill, electric/gas bills, bank statements, few photos - the usual stuff lol.

Yeh it does seem quite overwhelming doesnt it?!?! But if you try to throw too much at them, it really doesnt help. They have a list of requirements. Any help i can give just give me a shout.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

lainie

thanks so much CP.
we write postcards but dont ever post them as they took weeks he - he hides them in my suitcase!

why do they need utility bills?
i will message you late when im more focussed.
cheers
xxxx