Visa

olliebaby

Sorry but you HAVE to be honest. If you are completely able to support him financially then why hide things or cover things up?? Be truthful, dont risk a thing (especially them refusing you as things dont add up to them) and tell them everything as it is.

Good luck :)

Jane BM

If youre applying in the next couple of months then id say its too late to do what Scoobydoo is saying as it will still show on a few of the statements and may be questioned! However, if you will have a few months statements WITHOUT it showing on them then im all for doing what Scoobydoo has said! Failing that you could pay them off with any savings and explain to them that you are debt free (one of the few though im sure!!!)

Scoobydoo

If youre applying in the next couple of months then id say its too late to do what Scoobydoo is saying as it will still show on a few of the statements and may be questioned! However, if you will have a few months statements WITHOUT it showing on them then im all for doing what Scoobydoo has said! Failing that you could pay them off with any savings and explain to them that you are debt free (one of the few though im sure!!!)
Yup thats what i thought...if they arent applying for a few months it wouldnt matter....they dont do a credit check as Jelly said, and even if they did it wouldnt give them access to your financial information anyway....so there is no way they could know about your credit card if there were no record of it on your statement.

I dont think that its a case of trying to hide that she cant support...but why put in something that could amount to a refusal if you dont have to.....we know that we can all survive (jsut) and be in debt at the same time...but they are the kind to used it against people....

olliebaby

Yup thats what i thought...if they arent applying for a few months it wouldnt matter....they dont do a credit check as Jelly said, and even if they did it wouldnt give them access to your financial information anyway....so there is no way they could know about your credit card if there were no record of it on your statement.

I dont think that its a case of trying to hide that she cant support...but why put in something that could amount to a refusal if you dont have to.....we know that we can all survive (jsut) and be in debt at the same time...but they are the kind to used it against people....
But it wont amount to a refusal if she can still support him after everything she pays out. And it will only look bad, if it IS bad. So why not put it in??
I put in my loans, credit cards, everything because I could still support him after it and we got it. No point hiding anything. Its too risky.

marhaba

my husband has his test at end of feb so i guess hopefully beginning of April, once we have the certificate, if he passes first time.. fingers crossed.
My hubby is doing his test my feb too :)
hey everyone can you help me.

ME and my step dad come to the aggreement he will pay the council tax yearly for me and riadh and he would pay the electric.As gas wont be connected to the house i dont have a utility bill goin from my name..

What else is classed as a utility bill?

crazypink

My hubby is doing his test my feb too :)
hey everyone can you help me.

ME and my step dad come to the aggreement he will pay the council tax yearly for me and riadh and he would pay the electric.As gas wont be connected to the house i dont have a utility bill goin from my name..

What else is classed as a utility bill?
Be careful as they may ask why your dad is paying for everything and can you not support him??

You will still need a TV licience so that bill will be in your name? Will you have a phone at the property in your name? Surely the coucil tax will be in your name?? What about your water bill? Thats about all i can think of lol

Scoobydoo

Be careful as they may ask why your dad is paying for everything and can you not support him??

You will still need a TV licience so that bill will be in your name? Will you have a phone at the property in your name? Surely the coucil tax will be in your name?? What about your water bill? Thats about all i can think of lol
Sky!!?? lol

huttan

hope that ely's wife get a better new
;)
Good news for both of them!:p;)

Would be nice with some good news...:)

I wonder if I should get a monkey instead...might be easier to import here...:D:rolleyes:

Jasmine

Sorry on your refusal Thameur...Will you be able to appeal against it?

Jane BM

Good news for both of them!:p;)

Would be nice with some good news...:)

I wonder if I should get a monkey instead...might be easier to import here...:D:rolleyes:
Think itd be easier getting a 2 headed monster a visa at the moment.............

huttan

Think itd be easier getting a 2 headed monster a visa at the moment.............
Well there have been two faced creatures coming in before...maybe they should come under the same category as monsters?...;):D:rolleyes:

huttan

i can support him and my family will always support me and him. and the fact is that by the time the visa goes through i probably will not have those credit cards. i could clear one now with my savings but im just hanging on to this lump sum to hope it will help. i have a loan and car finance and a phone bill is all i pay and i earn £350-£500 a week. there are records of them on my previous statements though so... i have never in my life not paid a bill or direct debit, i always do this first and that will never change! perhaps i will start playing the lottory, you have to be in it to win it people ;) x
If you have a more expensive car...it might be a good idea to sell the car?Get a cheaper one for the moment...A car can always be replaced to a better one later again...**just thinking** Everything that makes your account go with + must be positive...if less money going out on a car you might be able to pay off the other loan?(hard to know your exact situation)...or it might just looks better as it is even with the lone to have that extra cash on the account.This is just some thoughts...

Jane BM

Sounds like you have a plan formulating Amy, they dont need to know about 12/18 months down the line, hopefully you can deal with the future once hes here and hes got a job, right now and when his visa app is submitted you will be living with your mom and it will be THOSE living arrangements that they will need to know about. Hope you understand what i mean...sometimes doesnt come out right when you put it down..:)

lainie

hi all

i've been a bit quiet for the last few days but wanted to post the happy news that today my husband was successful for a 6 month visitor's visa - we are not able to go for settlement yet as he failed his english test a while back.

we submitted 3rd january and got the call today so this was very quick. it just shows that it can be done!

sorry to all those who got disappointing news this week but just wanted to say thanks to those who helped.

Nainai

Woohoo!!!! Amazing news, HUGE congrats to you and hubby lovely!!

You must be so excited?! So when's he coming? Haha big hugs hun (and nice to see u back :) xxxxxx

Trulymadlydeeply

Congrats Lainie should make the settlement visa easier when he applies, get him swatting while he's here!!!

lainie

thanks TMD, will do, lol
was a very last minute decision to apply at new year and glad we did it!!!