Visa

Amy Ben Salem

i have read through lots of this thread and seen a lot of arguments and also someone mentioned legal action, my husband has mentioned an advocate, is this a lawyer or solicitor or what? i mentioned it on another thread and people suggested its not really needed, however a friend of my husbands, they got one before they even did the application and they think it helped, they got the visa first time.. any advice or opinions?

lynn

i have read through lots of this thread and seen a lot of arguments and also someone mentioned legal action, my husband has mentioned an advocate, is this a lawyer or solicitor or what? i mentioned it on another thread and people suggested its not really needed, however a friend of my husbands, they got one before they even did the application and they think it helped, they got the visa first time.. any advice or opinions?
yes the advocate is the solicitor and I am using a solicitor but my hubby stil got a refusal, but I'm still using the solicitor for the appeal and I will go to the appeal..

daffodil

visa refusal, thats rubbish.. hope your ok, i felt sick reading it, must be gutting :( hope its something you can easily fix and fight it out!! xx
Hi Amy,

Yes it is rubbish, i have posted about it on the thread entitled" help" (settlement visa). You have prob seen it. ( Two things they refused us on...)

I am hoping we can sort it out at appeal, just means we have to wait all over again......it is like torture

Amy Ben Salem

yes the advocate is the solicitor and I am using a solicitor but my hubby stil got a refusal, but I'm still using the solicitor for the appeal and I will go to the appeal..
oh so he still got a refusal, i see lots have people got refusals, its a big worry :( good luck with your appeal.. one more thing, you get a solicitor in this country to help you?

khl

Good news for both of them!:p;)

Would be nice with some good news...:)

I wonder if I should get a monkey instead...might be easier to import here...:D:rolleyes:
HEHE, that made me chuckle.....

i got a little monkey..... YES i had my bubs 2 weeks early :eek:... i got a little muslim boy :)

FoxyRoxie89

i got a little monkey..... YES i had my bubs 2 weeks early :eek:... i got a little muslim boy :)
Congratulations!!!

MellieC

I suggest if you have a complaint to take it up with ANY moderator. But your post was not helpful, polite or necessary.
well as a moderator, a"super moderator" at that, why didn't you deal with it privately? was CP's post neccessary? don't people think Lynn has been through enough, and YES I gave her hubby more **** than most and HE deserved every damned word, thats HISTORY but this is a fucking witch hunt!!!

you lot need to get a fucking grip of yourselves!!

lynn, i will be in the UK next week, i will get your number from a mutual and i will give you a call cos trying to email you is beyond a joke and i can't see any reason why cos im using your reply addie!!

MellieC

I really cant understand why the British Embassy have trouble recruiting staff !! They are well paid positions and im sure many people who have the relevant qualifications would like to live and work there.

Maybe it is the criteria of having to be fluent in Arabic French and English that is a bar to many...
based on the experiences of the last year i would say ing having a brain cell is a definite BAR to being employed there!

MellieC

and what about the remark about lynn's husband not getting the visa and the posts before that or do they not merit a warning either?
it's a bit unsavoury to insinuate that someone knows someone else's personal business and to bait them with it, in my opinion.
and if it's not an insinuation but knowledge then it didn't come from lynn so it's not for disclosure on an open forum.

to be honest i am a bit tired of this nonsense - like quite a few others
i didn't put it quite that politely!

MellieC

To be honest, its all getting a bit tiresome.

Its about time that people realised that we can all have different points of view and have the same right to express them... we dont have to agree, life would be boring them...

However, it totally crosses the line when the insults start getting personal. Which they very often do.... i know cos i get it quite a lot from a few in particular......fortunately i couldnt care a fig.

Lets leave the childish antics and backbiting back in the school playground where it belongs and SUPPORT each other here...
im seriously intrigued by these "remarks" ~ c'mon humour me, i've not been around, so i must have missed em! enlighten me!

MellieC

Hold on... I have never said anything to Lynn before - she asked a question and I answered. I have said I work and it is my choice - I have not attacked her in anyway! As I stated several times I don't wish for anyone to be refused - I think it should be taken on a meeting with the embassy to put your point across as I said before.

I have not once been nasty or rude to Lynn mearly said what I have found and Im not happy with my life to be honest I could think of a million better things to be doing with my evening that sitting on the internet as I am sure many of you could do too but its the only way we can stay in touch with our loved ones.

I don't envy Lynn's life but your damn right I wish I could get legal help so that I have a better chance of getting my husband here... tell me anyone that wouldn't.

It seems that everyone is putting emotion into this and it shouldn't be there - maybe best if things are drawn under the sand and a new post made about the time it is taking to get visa disision
mostly because of the distance and the stresses for most of have they, can they will they get the visa/s it IS emotional ~ few can seperate the two!

and welcome to the mad house!

lainie

i dont think the embassy will have called him
it will be the british council telling him to come and pick up the statement of entry for his test with the times, dates and venues on it

MellieC

As a mod I take offense at my actions being called "bloody well pathetic" ok? until the next time ?
how many reminders would the mods like?

MellieC

really some people here is not normal :eek:

right you, now we have certainly had our differences in the past, that hasn't stopped me trying to help out with the refusal situation so i hope you are going to behave, but i kind of hope you are here to support your wife!

MellieC

hi to all just to let you know my wife managed to get through to the embassy today asking about the delay,they told her the embassy was closed for two weeks during christmas and they dont count.
my question is:why it does'nt say that on thier website??
because you are supposed to take into consideration UK holidays, the british embassy might be in tunisia but its "british" and has all the british holidays! 9th Jan was the general "back to work" date for the UKBA btw lol

MellieC

but they count the xmas holls for the appeals ..
they took apps IN, and therefore MONEY, but did anyone seriously think that the system would work both ways?

come on people get with the program here lol

MellieC

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM ONLY JUST CATCHING UP ON THIS THREAD!

Jane BM

im seriously intrigued by these "remarks" ~ c'mon humour me, i've not been around, so i must have missed em! enlighten me!
What and revive that whole can of worms again!!!! just hoping it doesnt happen again and that people are a little more inclined to be a bit civil and little less smug and arrogant. ;)

MellieC

thanks TMD, will do, lol
was a very last minute decision to apply at new year and glad we did it!!!
You bloody liar lol, it was over a cuppa,, "why don't you go for the VV instead" and THEN when you were heading for tune town a certain someone gave you a SHOVE and you got the app in!!

it was great to get the call from you yesterday to say yes he had got it!!!!

thrilled for you both as you know