Visa

Jane BM

we got the visa....... 14 weeks and 4 days of waiting!!!!
Congratulations to you both....some great news!! well done:D

Jasmine

Congratulations Soussa :)

Marie1959

Congrats to you both sorry Lainie hun dont know if I have already said it you if not sorry for the delay had a lot going on xx

Amy Ben Salem

congratulations guys :) happy news to boost people's spirits xxx

Jasmine

Firstly you both breathe a sigh of relief that the visa chapter is over :D And enjoy your time together ;)

He would at some point need to obtain a NI number. Register with the dr, dentist, have a bank account etc.

Not heard that he has to register with the embassy in London :confused:

lainie

Congrats to you both sorry Lainie hun dont know if I have already said it you if not sorry for the delay had a lot going on xx
thanks marie, cant believe it
xxx

daffodil

Congratulations soussa

All the very best for your future life together xx

Scoobydoo

After you get the visa and you are living together in the uk...what happens??

we have been told we need to go to the tunisian embassy in london?!:confused:

is this correct/what for??
He will need to apply for a consular card, which is obtained from the tunisian embassy. You just call them and tell them what you want and i believe that now they ask you to send them the fee (used to be £3) and a SAE (used to be free!!).....its a wallet size cardboard thing, and will need to show it when he leaves tunisia....dont know how they are enforcing that these days....

You dont have to actually go the embassy.

Scoobydoo

No I think it has something to do with the same reason you think it would be nice to get yours.

Alot of women go to get their husbands.

It must be pretty emotional for some of the husbands involved, if they have never been out the country or on a plane before, and its not the normal excitement of a holiday, they are leaving their family and everything they know for something they might think they know but they don't.
I couldnt have afforded to go and get mine, not to mention time off from work...and to be honest there was no need he is a grown man, he was perfectly capable of getting on a plane by himself! I picked him up from the airport and that was fine!:D

Also, JC if your talking about immigration this end...you dont get to go with him!!

Scoobydoo

hi jellycat
the reason i need to go is cos my wedding dress is still there and dont trust him to pack it properly.

also, he keeps on bloody well buying animals - it was 3 sheep at xmas, preceded by chickens and a dog so god knows what he might try to bring into the country, lol.
Who is going to look after them!!!?? :oops:

lainie

the chickens are sold, brother will look after the sheep and the kids will torment the dog, lol.

deedee

Congrats Lainie,

So very pleased for you and a wonderful start to the New year.xxx

lainie

Congrats Lainie,

So very pleased for you and a wonderful start to the New year.xxx
thanks deedee.

just read the other thread so good luck with your wedding!
xxx

lozz

I rang them the other day, they have asked me to send a self addressed envelope and they will send the form to fill in and return to them.

lozz

Congratulations soussa great new you must both be so happy good luck for your future together xxx

lynn

congrats Soussa, some good news and long awaited for, lets hope some of our appeals get overturned :) x

marhaba

well done hun xxx

annie

Congratulations Soussa xx