Visa

Jane BM

she got an appointment booked on the 9th/02 for the english test ielts and we will reapply as soon as we get the test result we should get it next time as that was the only reason they fail us on and notrhing else has changed since, but what i am hoping for is they dont make us wait another 3months.
any advise anyone please!!
My husband also did this test Ely in September (about same time i think as Nainai's husband) and yes the results are very fast, just a couple of weeks, then your wife can pick the test result paper up from the British Council straight away and you can get your application submitted straight away. As far as how long it takes for them to process your wifes application, unfortunately really it is a case of how long is a piece of string.....

daffodil

That is an excellent idea Rainbow, i would never of thought of that.

thameur

she got an appointment booked on the 9th/02 for the english test ielts and we will reapply as soon as we get the test result we should get it next time as that was the only reason they fail us on and notrhing else has changed since, but what i am hoping for is they dont make us wait another 3months.
any advise anyone please!!
ely you have the right to appeal why u will pay again 1000£.allah galeb
i thought thatu got it me too they refuse me and just one reason also
anyway good luck bro

daffodil

Ely i think as thameur has rightly pointed out, if you have been refused on one technical point, you would be wise to appeal.

There is a big difference in the price just for starters.

We were also refused a settlement visa last week, on one thing and we are going to appeal.

You have no guarantee if you reapply that they wont find something else to turn you down on.

Anyway good luck whatever you do.

Are you going to appeal thameur?

thameur

yes my wife alrady sent the appeal form and the support doccuments to court and it will be oral hearing appeal cost £140
what about u ? daffodil

FoxyRoxie89

The thing is, his wife hasn't done the English test- the judge MIGHT overturn if their nice but doesn't have to bcos the document was NOT provided in the application BUT also wasn't available either.

It would be a different case if NARIC actually accepted his wife degree, and he just got a letter to confirm it.

Daf I'm on phone, I'll msg/email later, when Aj in bed x

daffodil

Thanks Roxie,

Yes i know his wife has not done the Eng Test , but i thought from the post lainie wrote , that her degree should of been sufficient, or maybe i misread it.? It seems ludicrous to me that someone who has an English degree would still need to do the English test. Anyone that has done a degree will know how hard it is, and there is no comparison between the level of a degree and the English test.

More to the point, they were given the wrong info by the Embassy, yet another b**** up on their part.

daffodil

yes my wife alrady sent the appeal form and the support doccuments to court and it will be oral hearing appeal cost £140
what about u ? daffodil
I am glad you have managed to get your appeal in so quickly.

I am going to choose an oral appeal too, i am gathering support docs for the appeal at the moment.

Lets hope we get better news second time round.

lainie

Thanks Roxie,

Yes i know his wife has not done the Eng Test , but i thought from the post lainie wrote , that her degree should of been sufficient, or maybe i misread it.? It seems ludicrous to me that someone who has an English degree would still need to do the English test. Anyone that has done a degree will know how hard it is, and there is no comparison between the level of a degree and the English test.

More to the point, they were given the wrong info by the Embassy, yet another b**** up on their part.
hi daffodil
the problem is that the taught element has be be mainly in ENGLISH and recognised by NARIC and this is clearly stated in the UKBA website.
yes, degrees are NORMALLY accepted but it states you must check first.
i tried the calculator and it accepts very few tunisian qualifications as having enough english content and it also depends on the awarding establishment.

my degree in languages (spanish & french) scores highly as it was mainly taught in english and is accepted but my teaching cert does not.

daffodil

hi daffodil
the problem is that the taught element has be be mainly in ENGLISH and recognised by NARIC and this is clearly stated in the UKBA website.
yes, degrees are NORMALLY accepted but it states you must check first.
i tried the calculator and it accepts very few tunisian qualifications as having enough english content and it also depends on the awarding establishment.

my degree in languages (spanish & french) scores highly as it was mainly taught in english and is accepted but my teaching cert does not.
Hi lainie,

i understand, it is so easy to misunderstand something and this one oversight costs time and money unfortunately.

Bring back interviews is my opinion.......

It is like the lang test they have to take, some people will fail even though they are perfectly capable really but they dont handle test situations well...

khl

hi all friends
sorry for the delay as i was away,unfortunatly we did not get the visa the only reason was (the english test language ) we submitted my wife's english degree she is a teacher,we are part of this blame for not asking proply and the other part is the officer who's responsible for recieving the application and documents becouse she told us and confirmed that the degree its fine and acceptable,officially not when we got refused for that reason, at the moment we are trying to make a complaint about this and we do not know if we should appeal or reapply
That sucks!!!
So sorry Ely

thameur

my wife thought that the CONI is enough to prove that she is divorsed but unfortunately they refuse me bcz didnt provide evidence of her divorse
bcz me too i thought that embassy already know that she is divorsed when she did ask for the CONI from registry office
so whats ur opinion about that ?? and whats the the percentage of success of appeal ?thanks

ely

to be honest friends i do not think i stand much of a chance with the appeal as to them you submit a non compatible document or you dont submit at all is no difference and i admit its our fault for not asking properly and especially i do not want to wait 12 months for something not for sure we got more chance with the reapply i do not mind also paying again the £1000 the only thing not looking for is waiting another 3 months i honestly do not think my wife can survive the waiting pain again i will have to see what i can do about that

Marie1959

I commend you for holdng your hands up and admitting you didnt check to make sure the documents were enough. I agrre the judge will say at the time of the application the documents needed were not there and if he does you will need then to reapply, it can take up to a year to appeal and yes three months is a wait for the new application but better than maybe a year and then another three months for the application. You are lucky you can afford to reapply many are not in such a situation and I really do hope they dont come up with some other excuse in your new app. I wish you every success in your future app and tell your wife a few months is worth waiting when you have a life time to share xx

Jane BM

my wife thought that the CONI is enough to prove that she is divorsed but unfortunately they refuse me bcz didnt provide evidence of her divorse
bcz me too i thought that embassy already know that she is divorsed when she did ask for the CONI from registry office
so whats ur opinion about that ?? and whats the thepercentage ofsuccess of appeal ?thanks
As far as being divorced Thameur, the Embassy would require her decree absolute from her previous marriage, the CONI is not enough for them...ive had to provide my previous divorce papers...

Jane BM

to be honest friends i do not think i stand much of a chance with the appeal as to them you submit a non compatible document or you dont submit at all is no difference and i admit its our fault for not asking properly and especially i do not want to wait 12 months for something not for sure we got more chance with the reapply i do not mind also paying again the £1000 the only thing not looking for is waiting another 3 months i honestly do not think my wife can survive the waiting pain again i will have to see what i can do about that
Just make sure Ely that when you put your new application in that you leave nothing to chance i guess, none of us really know how the minds of those at the Embassy works!! so just make sure that everything else is covered just as well as you did with this application as well as the English test....so they cant refuse on something else...remember that they treat it as a totally new application..

thameur

please can you make me understand what they mean in the appeal form by """" name of decision making post"""" didnt understand what they mean

Jellycat

It would not hurt To contacT NARIC as if the degree is in the subject of English it must surely have high English content. I would also say contact your MP immediately if you are British voter and explain the position and ask him to intervene on your behalf. I'm sure it sometimes helps as my late Mp (labour old school) tried to be helpful. My husband was asked to take his passport back to the Embassy and went on Friday-( relates to Visit visa appeal) they would not tell him why but it seems like a good sign but I won't be relaxed about this until we get that visa sticker. Those lovely people At the embassy(not) told him they would let him know in a week.

Marie1959

will keep all crossed hun its good news, Mp here was C--- but hey getting letters weeks after appeal was heard wasnt too bad I guess lol

FoxyRoxie89

Thanks Roxie,

Yes the Embassy mess up all the time, but as they never deal with things over the phone, then I am wondering how they gave him this info?
If via email he has evidence?
Sorry Ely dont mean to talk about u.

With your new application, put everything in as before, but just updated versions; bank statements, b3 (GET WIFE TO APPLY NOW)

Maybe put in a copy of your refusal notice, and explain everything is as before, just updated and including the english certificate.
It asks on the application form about previous attempts for a visa, if I remember rightly.