Visa

K

Kassie

Its like they do not give any care and like us hanging around like we havent got anything better to do. So much for being together for christmas......
So its a waste of time calling them i did e-mail but no reply......

Welllllllll.....wasn't going to say anything yet....but...I emailed The Times yesterday! Just to find out how they choose what they put in the paper and that I had an issue which I thought was worth "investigating"! :eek: i.e. "The British Embassy!!! They have not responded .....yet? :rolleyes: I wonder if they will!!!

xxxx

katejeff1

Good for you - something needs to be done - it just seems as though you're up against a brick wall everywhere you turn. Just looked at the ukvisas site to see if I could e-mail/call - no chance - you have to write a letter to make a complaint and they will endeavour to answer it in 20 working days - joke!!!!!!

K

Kassie

Good for you - something needs to be done - it just seems as though you're up against a brick wall everywhere you turn. Just looked at the ukvisas site to see if I could e-mail/call - no chance - you have to write a letter to make a complaint and they will endeavour to answer it in 20 working days - joke!!!!!!

No...it's not good for so many people on here, icluding me....people have their lives on hold, cannot make plans all sorts of things...and another is ....the money is paid upfront!!!!! Think how much interest they are making on everyone's money!!!! :mad:

xxxx

CJ21

That is comforting to hear, I have sent him alot of stuff to take with him so hopefully it will be enough, he'll have even more if he gets the post from me in time before he has to take everything. I am worried sick they'll refuse him and so is he, he's had so many people where he is tell him he wont get it, but I told him to be positive and the only way we'll find out is if we try, and if they do refuse him we'll appeal. Although he doesn't have a job he is studying at the moment so they will see why he doesn't work and doesn't have savings, and he has a good reason for returning so I hope this will help along with he has accomodation when he comes here and financial support. Good luck with the settlement visa I hope it all goes ok for you both and thanks.

crazypink

Hav my fingers crossed 4 u all!!!
Dreadin startin the visa process x x x

bosshoss

hi cj21
i wish u good luck its really important for both of u to be together in such important occasion, i m in the same situation as ur man i m applaying for a visitor visa this month 19 november, i would ask u abt "council tax bill" what this reffer to!!?? if in the sponsor letter my girlfreind parents said that i will stay at there home should i asc them to add that paper?? and would u give me a list of what u sent to ur boyfreind so maybe i can add stuff to my folder. thanks

crazypink

Gud luck bosshoss.
Wow so many visa applications goin on!!
Hav my fingers crossed 4 u all x x x

katejeff1

No...it's not good for so many people on here, icluding me....people have their lives on hold, cannot make plans all sorts of things...and another is ....the money is paid upfront!!!!! Think how much interest they are making on everyone's money!!!! :mad:

xxxx

Well maybe 'good' is the wrong word but you know what I mean - at least you feel like you're doing something about it - it's the waiting that's the killer:mad:

KIZZEY

Well its 10 weeks today for me girls.....hangin by a thread! Like i said before though its not just the wait its the chance of being refused too. Been xmas shopping today but only half hearted just can't get my head around anything and jumping outa my skin every time the phone rings thinking THIS IS IT! Don't believe you did that Kassie ha ha brilliant, hope they reply to you that would be very interesting. Hang on in there everyone x

Patrice

Banned
Well its 10 weeks today for me girls.....hangin by a thread! Like i said before though its not just the wait its the chance of being refused too. Been xmas shopping today but only half hearted just can't get my head around anything and jumping outa my skin every time the phone rings thinking THIS IS IT! Don't believe you did that Kassie ha ha brilliant, hope they reply to you that would be very interesting. Hang on in there everyone x

Again, Good Luck! xxx

rebecca

So their's lots of us all in the same boat
Good on you to writing into the times its about time the embassy got some bad press there are shocking and as you say they take all this money from you up front and we're not talking £100 and never mind the money they have of you when you get married it really is a joke.It would'nt be so bad if they said that you will get anwser in 3 months at least you have got some time scale to work to but its just the waiting round not knowing planning for christmas lol thats a joke......
Good luck to everyone xx

CJ21

Hi bosshoss, Council tax bill is to do with property rates, if you are staying with your girlfriends parents it would help as it is proof of accomodation. I also sent copies of the bio-data page of my passport and my fathers and because my mother doesn't have a passport I sent a copy of her birth certificate, a letter from both my parents and I explaining why my boyfriend wants to visit, his relationship to me, approx when we hope for him to visit and how long for, and that he will be staying with me and my parents while here in the UK and will also be funded by us, so I sent copies of my bank statements too, and because I'm pregnant I also sent a maternity certificate of proof of my pregnancy and due date. I hope this helps you and good luck with your visa application, let us know how you get on.
And if anyone can think of anything I've missed out PLEASE let me know

SEANITA

Ten weeks today for me. Good on you Kassie for contacting the paper. Let us know if anything comes of it as I don't buy that paper. Fingers crossed for everyone!!

katejeff1

Does anyone know what this 'backlog' is?! Are applications up to 9 October 'stuck' in Cairo? Did they ever go? Have they been lost?

Khaled Zaram

If you read their website you will see its all applications submitted up until 9 October problem with the system of processing them.

katejeff1

I know but it still doesn't explain where they are!!!!!!!

SEANITA

My hubby went to the embassy today just on the off chance again (we are lucky that he lives close!). They phoned Cairo for him but apparently they still haven't taken a decision on our application and do not know when they will. We've been waiting 10 VERY LONG waits.

crazypink

Sounds like there is a visa black hole in Cairo!!!
Good luck every1
x x x x

SEANITA

As long as they really are not lost!!! Although surely they would have had to tell us if they were due to the amount of personal info in the applications eg bank statements, pay slips etc etc.

crazypink

Prob sittin in a big pile on sum1s desk!!!
Thort this was meant 2 b an easier system??
x x x x