Visa

huttan

Congratulation TJA...hope you both will be together soon.:)

Trulymadlydeeply

Congratulations and all the best to you both

TJA

Hi TJA....that's fantastic news..they seem to be taking their time making decisions but making the right decisions..lol. Really thrilled for you, you'll get to do Christmas together. So when's he coming? X
Hi jane. He flight is booked for the 2nd December. Lots to sort out lol but can't wait.:)

Jane BM

Hi jane. He flight is booked for the 2nd December. Lots to sort out lol but can't wait.:)
That's great news...not long. Xx

Star_DG

Congratulations TJA!! it's deffo worth the wait in the end. Enjoy your special moments together especially meeting him at the airport :)

Jasmine

Congratulations TJA :)

you

hi i get my visa today
just i need to know
it must my fly be to london first

salim

hi i get my visa today
just i need to know
Congratulations You !!!!

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations You.

Trulymadlydeeply

hi i get my visa today
just i need to know
Any airport that has full immigration control. Congratulations and wrap up warm it's cold brrrrrrrr :)

KB72

Yes I do meet the £18600 well just over it really. I do have accommodation (rented 2 beds ) We have included all the flights and hotels where we have stayed in together. He has the English test too so lets hope everything is ok. He is not working at the moment but was earlier in the year as a children s entertainer. We are in contact every day and have put all the Skype calls in plus cards ect. I have given them pay slips for the last 18mths 2P60's and bank statements, which is the length of time we have been together. We both gave in police checks birth certificates wedding paper and my divorce paper. Contract for the house and letter from the landlord to say he could move in. Very high phone bills. Letters from work confirming my income and length of service. Photos of us together and his family plus wedding photos plus my savings. Oh and my old passport. Think that's it. I just hope it's enough:(

Hello there!

I haven't been on the forum for over a month as I was in Tunisia so I have to catch up a lot! Good news for me, I start back at work in two weeks and I reach other that worrying threshold! Now I am just worrying about the time frame because knowing my luck the rules will change again!

Can you give me more information on this English test? I would be ever so grateful, and one more question. I have read on some sites that you need all your papers approved my a solicitor? Any of you had to do this?

Jane BM

Hello there!

I haven't been on the forum for over a month as I was in Tunisia so I have to catch up a lot! Good news for me, I start back at work in two weeks and I reach other that worrying threshold! Now I am just worrying about the time frame because knowing my luck the rules will change again!

Can you give me more information on this English test? I would be ever so grateful, and one more question. I have read on some sites that you need all your papers approved my a solicitor? Any of you had to do this?
Hi KB72... If you go onto the British council website it'll give you the details of the English tests, my husband did the IELTS but there is also the KET test from what I can remember. This is the first thing really you need to get the ball rolling as it usually gets booked up quite in advance and takes a while to get the results back.

You don't need to have paperwork approved by a solicitor so I don't know where you heard that, but you do need to have all your husbands paperwork translated into English, it used to have to be by a certified translator but I think now they just have to be translated (double check UKBA website about that). Very best of luck to you. Xx

CHigh

Hi all,
From reading on here - i understand i need to earn above "18,600.00" to be able to apply for the husband to come over to the UK? Does this still apply if I still live at home with the parents? or does it go on the household income? Cause i live northern england and earn nowhere near this figure alone but with the total household income it would be fine.

Jane BM

Hi all,
From reading on here - i understand i need to earn above "18,600.00" to be able to apply for the husband to come over to the UK? Does this still apply if I still live at home with the parents? or does it go on the household income? Cause i live northern england and earn nowhere near this figure alone but with the total household income it would be fine.
Nope, you would be his sponsor so it's you who needs to earn over £18,600, otherwise visa will be refused straightaway. Unfortunately they don't seem to have taken into account the north/south divide!

Freya

Does anyone have any idea why it is taking so long for a visitor visa. My daugher in law submitted her application for a new visitor visa on 13th Nov and it has so far taken longer than the 15 working day period. She desperately wants to come over for xmas but as they have her passport then travel is impossible. Even if she cancels the application she may not have her passport returned from Paris in time for travel before xmas, and her current visa expires on the 28th Dec. Why oh why is it taking them so long???? Emails and complaints to Worldbridge have no effect - She just wants her passport back

Missymoo

hi, my husband will find out his results of the english test on 18th Jan, do we have to wait until then to apply for his visa? as i understand that applying for the visa will get him an appointment and he doesnt have to produce supporting docs until that time?
Also can someone plz remind me of the 'stamps' we need as we seem to have a zillion stamps but not sure what we're missing :confused:

Thanks

Heather t

hi, my husband will find out his results of the english test on 18th Jan, do we have to wait until then to apply for his visa? as i understand that applying for the visa will get him an appointment and he doesnt have to produce supporting docs until that time?
Also can someone plz remind me of the 'stamps' we need as we seem to have a zillion stamps but not sure what we're missing :confused:

Thanks
Good luck on your husbands English results :)

Jane BM

Thanks
When you submit application online you make the appointment to submit documents in person at the same time, so it's up to you, just don't make the appointment to go to Tunis until you know he'll have his certificate with him.

Missymoo

When you submit application online you make the appointment to submit documents in person at the same time, so it's up to you, just don't make the appointment to go to Tunis until you know he'll have his certificate with him.

Ok will he need the actual certificate or will they accept a copy of the results which they say he can get online after the 18th?
Thanku