Visa

SEANITA

Have tried that they don't take phone calls (surprise!!!) and told me to e-mail or fax. Said I already had and noone had bothered to get back to me. He said thank you and hung up!!!

K

Kamantha

I had an offer letter and a contract of employment had no problems

katejeff1

Well I e-mailed the fco office yesterday and they asked me to supply name, dob and visa ref and then they will look into it - will let you all know if it's a helpful exercise:rolleyes:

Essem

Staff member
How can they justify the huge amounts of money they charge for this service?

Also is Britain the only European country that does not have automatic spousal rights?

And what about your human rights - does this never come into it?

SEANITA

Well I e-mailed the fco office yesterday and they asked me to supply name, dob and visa ref and then they will look into it - will let you all know if it's a helpful exercise:rolleyes:

Katejeff1 What email address did you send it to. I'll do the same. The waiting is killing me.

SEANITA

Have they told you anything Kassie?

K

Kassie

Have they told you anything Kassie?
Yes, initially....they said some action was outstanding???...I sent back ...not satisfactory!!! they then said problem was with tunis office...not my husband..and that he would get direct contact from them...but again no date!!! They also emailing "our discussions" yesterday to Tunis...and now ..we will see :rolleyes:...if nothing happens by Monday...I will "look up my sleeve" ;) hehe

xxxx

katejeff1

Yes, that's the e-mail address I sent mine to - but they've not replied again since I mailed them the info they wanted - we'll see :rolleyes:

SEANITA

Well I emailed on Friday and got a reply on Monday saying that my enquiry had been forwarded to Tunis and that I could expect a reply within 20 days!!! Lots of help. As our 12 weeks is up Thursday week hopefully we'll have our answer before they even get back to us.

emma

Hi all, this is my first time here and i need your help. I'm getting married to my Tunisian boyfriend 11th dec in bizerete and will be applying for a settlement visa shortly after. I'm so worried that we will be refused as i only work 16 hours and receive child tax credits and working tax credits,and i also have no savings. will this affect the outcome? thank you.

KIZZEY

Hi Emma, you are suppose to show that you can keep your husband without the aid of public funds for at least 6 months is what i have been led to believe. Don't take it as gospel am sure someone else will know for definate. Good luck with your wedding hope you have a lovely day:)

jacqui0414

Hi Emma

as Kizzey said they want to see that you can support your husband until he gets a job and you have to be able to support him without public funds.

good luck and have a lovely day for your wedding i hope the weather is kind (coz ill be there at that time too :) )

emma

Hi , thanks for your replies. My hubby to be has a job offer here in UK which i will put in the application for visa,so tax credits that i do receive will be stopped when ny hubby starts work.i just pray that they will take this into consideration when processing the visa.also do u know how long it takes be4 they come to a decision? thanksx

Patrice

Banned
Emma, welcome to the mad birdcage :D

And Good Luck!

Essem

Staff member
Hi Emma
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for on here.

sparkle

good luck hun x

i had to supply evidence that i could support mine til he was legally aloud to work here and that was after we had got married but you will be married and he has a job offer so it hopefuly will be all ok, you just have to wait and see as so many of us have realised you just dont know until the day!!!!!!!!!!! the waiting is the horrible part im afraid

CJ21

Well things didn't go too good friday for the visa application, we had a problem with his certificate to say he's a student, the school only gave it to him on the wednesday and of course in french. Both of us tried calling the embasy in Tunis and I also e-mailed them to find out if it had to be translated but no answer, finally I got an answer but when they heard me speak in english the phone was put down on me! So my fella continued to go to his appointment friday in the hope they would accept, but after going through seurity ect ect he was told to go home and translate papers and return Monday morning. So now he has to pick his translated papers up monday morning then start straight off to Tunis from Sousse to try and put his application in again, I cant believe it and am so angry. I'm not getting my hopes up that he will be accepted, as the experience so far with the embassy hasn't been a good one, and it makes me so angry and upset because he will miss out on seeing his first son/daughter being born and I know how hard that will be for him, he's so excited at becoming a dad. I will update everyone on what happens tomorrow, lets just hope theyre in a good mood.

lovedup

I know exactally how you feel. Me and my husband have just applyed for settlement (14th nov) and our baby is due on the 16th december. I dont want him to miss anything its out first child we are only in out 20s and soooooo scared.:( It took so long to get the paper work 2gether but i am glad we waited coz it seems the new system introduced in sept has been a complete f**k up,lol. Good luck hunny. xxx