Visa

Jane BM

ok ive had a look and it says translated documents need to be confirmed by the translator, im assuming this just means stamped?
Also it said birth certificate, just his or mine too???
Yep translator will stamp them...and both birth certificates..

Missymoo

So do I have to supply my birth certificate for his visa? They took the one I had to get married, don't want to get another if we don't need it!

Jane BM

So do I have to supply my birth certificate for his visa? They took the one I had to get married, don't want to get another if we don't need it!
Did you not get your birth certificate back when you picked up your CONI from the Embassy? I got all my paperwork back from them I'm sure. However, no you can just send a copy of that.

Missymoo

I'm sure I gave it to the place where we got married? I can't remember to be honest, it was such a stressful few days lol!
I think they kept all of that stuff...CONI, birth certificates medical certificates
Could i just photocopy the original? It doesnt need to be stamped or anything does it? (mine)

Jane BM

When you got your wedding certificate they should have returned all your documents. Nope no stamps required for yours...lol

Missymoo

When you got your wedding certificate they should have returned all your documents. Nope no stamps required for yours...lol
hmmmm i'll send him on a mission to try to get it back then! lol, thanks :)

sophie25

I'm sure I gave it to the place where we got married? I can't remember to be honest, it was such a stressful few days lol!
I think they kept all of that stuff...CONI, birth certificates medical certificates
Could i just photocopy the original? It doesnt need to be stamped or anything does it? (mine)
Hi missymoo they didnt return my birth certificate either. Iwill just go to the registry office in my town and get another. Its worth it not to get a refusal due to having a copy instead :)

Missymoo

Hi missymoo they didnt return my birth certificate either. Iwill just go to the registry office in my town and get another. Its worth it not to get a refusal due to having a copy instead :)
yeah i guess so, just frustrating having to pay out for things again and again!...we've had to get our marriage certificate redone 3 times coz they keep making mistakes! :(

Jane BM

yeah i guess so, just frustrating having to pay out for things again and again!...we've had to get our marriage certificate redone 3 times coz they keep making mistakes! :(
Just get him to go to the municipality where you got married and speak to them...they should have all your paperwork...

kim

can anyone help me please we did a visa and the embassy have said no so we put in the appeal and was told we had to wait 19 weeks so the 19 weeks r up now so i called the ukba and they said that it will be going to court now i would just like any help or paper work anyone has or can help me for ehen i go to court thanks

Jane BM

can anyone help me please we did a visa and the embassy have said no so we put in the appeal and was told we had to wait 19 weeks so the 19 weeks r up now so i called the ukba and they said that it will be going to court now i would just like any help or paper work anyone has or can help me for ehen i go to court thanks
Sorry to hear that Kim, it all depends what grounds your husband was refused on...

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Kim and welcome to the forum. Paperwork needed would depend on why they refused his visa.

kim

hello .we did the appeal and sent all paperwork back and waited 19 weeks so then the ukba have now said it will go to court i just wanted to no if anyone has been and what happens

Jane BM

hello .we did the appeal and sent all paperwork back and waited 19 weeks so then the ukba have now said it will go to court i just wanted to no if anyone has been and what happens
There's a few member on here who've been to a Court hearing and had the decision overturned or not.....hopefully someone who has can give you some advise..just make sure that all the grounds for refusal have been well and truly covered with paperwork to back it up, if its genuinely an error made by the Embassy then it should be overturned however if its something that you didn't include originally then it may not be.

kim

thanks x

lynn

going to the court was not as bad as I thought and was over very quickly and they overturned the decision, but you have to cover all the points they refused the visa on in the first place. I had a good solicitor and a very nice judge I was lucky :)

Jane BM

going to the court was not as bad as I thought and was over very quickly and they overturned the decision, but you have to cover all the points they refused the visa on in the first place. I had a good solicitor and a very nice judge I was lucky :)
And also Lynn don't forget, it was the Embassy who'd made the mistake with your husbands application...not you.

lynn

And also Lynn don't forget, it was the Embassy who'd made the mistake with your husbands application...not you.
yea they did make a mistake so made it easy for the judge and solicitor and the women from the embassy even admitted we should not have had to go to appeal..