Visa

Rabz12

Hey everyone hope your okay ?? I just been reading the forum topics about visas and I just wanted to know if anyone has had Thor visa accepted recently for their partners. All the topics I've read are quiete old just wondering if anyone's had lucky recently. I keep hearing stories like its hard etc they won't accept

Jane BM

Hey everyone hope your okay ?? I just been reading the forum topics about visas and I just wanted to know if anyone has had Thor visa accepted recently for their partners. All the topics I've read are quiete old just wondering if anyone's had lucky recently. I keep hearing stories like its hard etc they won't accept
There have been some success stories over the last few months. But the fact is it IS hard work and difficult. Have you recently applied yourself?

Didn't you previously post that your boyfriend didn't have an ID card?

Rabz12

Yeah we have for it all sorted with his aunts help. I went back this month and we got it all sorted. We haven't applied yet just gathering info for myself at moment just doing research. Just wanted to hear some positives all I been hearing is the bad :(

Jane BM

Yeah we have for it all sorted with his aunts help. I went back this month and we got it all sorted. We haven't applied yet just gathering info for myself at moment just doing research. Just wanted to hear some positives all I been hearing is the bad :(
Im presuming you're getting married first Rabz? Best thing for you to do is have a read through on the UKBA website for requirements...all dependent on the type of visa you want to apply for...if its settlement or fiancé visa you will need to be earning a minimum of £18,600 to be eligible.

Rabz12

yeah we getting married in the summer if all goes well fingers crossed. Damn i earn 18k a year im down by 600 does that mean i cant apply :( what would be my options ?? n thanks for your help x

Jane BM

yeah we getting married in the summer if all goes well fingers crossed. Damn i earn 18k a year im down by 600 does that mean i cant apply :( what would be my options ?? n thanks for your help x
Well the minimum has to be £18,600 so I'm guessing they're not too flexible on that..any overtime you could do or part time work?... If your plan is him coming to the UK to live permanently with you then it is either fiancé visa or settlement visa. Visitors visa don't have the same requirements but he has to return to Tunisia after 6 months and they are just as difficult to get anyway!! Have a read of the different visa types on the UKBA website and the criteria needed.

Rabz12

I get a bonus at end of each month so I suppose I can work it out somehow or maybe take a weekend job work 7 days lol I suppose it will be worth it in the long run. I've had a brief look on ukba it's so confusing. Il have to take a proper look on my day off. How long do u have had to be working in your job to apply and does it matter if your accomodation is rented ??

Jane BM

I get a bonus at end of each month so I suppose I can work it out somehow or maybe take a weekend job work 7 days lol I suppose it will be worth it in the long run. I've had a brief look on ukba it's so confusing. Il have to take a proper look on my day off. How long do u have had to be working in your job to apply and does it matter if your accomodation is rented ??
It doesn't matter if you're in rented accommodation..you just have to show them the rental agreement and floor plan if you like, so they know there's room for one more....the job aspect I'm not 100% sure because I was self employed, however most people,try to provide a good 6 months or so bank statements.

If the bonus is guaranteed and works out to that bit extra then include it...I would. Just make sure that you put a covering letter in and proof of same so that they can't put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5!!!!!

CHigh

Hi all, i'm concerned cause i don't meet the income requirement for the visa but my sister does, can she apply as my husband's sponsor or does it have to me as his wife? If so, does anyone know a way around the income of £18600.00 as we have just found out we are expecting our first child and are double worried about being apart now!

Jane BM

Hi all, i'm concerned cause i don't meet the income requirement for the visa but my sister does, can she apply as my husband's sponsor or does it have to me as his wife? If so, does anyone know a way around the income of £18600.00 as we have just found out we are expecting our first child and are double worried about being apart now!
Hi CHigh and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately no your sister cannot act as your husbands sponsor, you're his sponsor, his wife. If you don't meet the minimum earnings requirement then there really is nothing that can be done, his visa application will most likely be refused. Dont see any way round that. Have you checked the exemptions on the UKBA website, ie, do you receive a carers allowance?

The alternative though if you don't want to be apart as you're now pregnant is to move to Tunisia I'm afraid. Best of luck.

CHigh

Thankyou for quick reply...... i think i already knew the answer really! was just hoping there was something else we could do! I'll check the exemptions but no, i don't receive any carers allowance or anything like that. I still live at home with my family as it's cheaper and thought maybe it would go on the household income? as this wouldn'thave been a problem! we'll have to look into the alternative....does anyone know what steps i need to take for this too?

Jane BM

Thankyou for quick reply...... i think i already knew the answer really! was just hoping there was something else we could do! I'll check the exemptions but no, i don't receive any carers allowance or anything like that. I still live at home with my family as it's cheaper and thought maybe it would go on the household income? as this wouldn'thave been a problem! we'll have to look into the alternative....does anyone know what steps i need to take for this too?
Someone else will probably know more about this who actually lives over there, but I don't think it's even remotely as difficult as the other way round, however a very different way of life for you. Have a look through the threads on here, there may be something, if not, open a new one for some advise on it...xx

Star_DG

My husband was recently granted his visa after us submitting his application in August 2012. You have to be very careful with regards to your work papers as they are strict on the £18,600 mark. Your best to get a letter from your employer stating that you are guaranteed a bonus of £xx at the end of each month and ask them to confirm your total salary package. Make sure this is on company letter head paper too... 6 months worth or more is good to show like Jane said, including bank statements.

Jane BM

My husband was recently granted his visa after us submitting his application in August 2012. You have to be very careful with regards to your work papers as they are strict on the £18,600 mark. Your best to get a letter from your employer stating that you are guaranteed a bonus of £xx at the end of each month and ask them to confirm your total salary package. Make sure this is on company letter head paper too... 6 months worth or more is good to show like Jane said, including bank statements.
Under the new regs did you provide details of your income/outgoings as well as your salary and bank statements? Just may help a few people who will be going through the process...

C

carla lawrence

hi,everyone, is working tax credit recognised in the 18.600 total for settlement many thanks

daffodil

As far as im aware it is carla.......(well it was before anyway )

Donasterian

not any more it isnt cos u have to sponsor without any recourse to govt funding, i would assume that this includes working tax credits cos ur not allowed to claim child tax credits. This is one of the reasons for the 18,600. answering the other question of including bonuses, im afraid thats a no as well. all they are interested in is what your pay scale is before any deductions, u have to be earning £358 pw or above to qualify.

Jane BM

hi,everyone, is working tax credit recognised in the 18.600 total for settlement many thanks
I've just had a look at the UKBA website and no you cannot include WFTC as part of your income.

daffodil

Thats another change they have introduced then...it is a job to keep up with all the rule changes..

Jane BM

Thats another change they have introduced then...it is a job to keep up with all the rule changes..
Sure is Daff......but thinking about it, anyone who qualifies for WFTC, isn't going to earning anywhere near £18,600, even with it being topped up with WFTC.

The whole reason why UKBA have introduced these new regs is so that people who are in receipt of benefits/credits etc AREN'T eligible to become sponsors.