Visa

daffodil

Yes thinking about it of course if receiving wftc then income would be below the threshold for visa app....

Olfa Ayedi

Hello Everyone,
I need advice please.
I'm english & i want to live in Ben Arous, tunisia permently with my tunisian husband, once we are married in august..
No-one seems to know about what what visa i will need & how much it will cost & how long it will take...
I know i can stay in tunisia for 3 months without a visa, but its after the 3 months is finished because i don't want to come back to england.
Thank you so much for all your help. Love & Hugs :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Olfa welcome to the forum and congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

Big decision you are taking to move there permanently, I'm sure you have explored all the avenues. We have British members that live there I'm sure they will be along shortly to advise you.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Olfa

If you're planning to live there for more than 3 months, it's a Carte de Séjour (CDS -residency card). (UK citizens are allowed 3 months, USA and German 4 months without CDS).

The CDS is initially valid for one year and to renew it, you have to go throught the same procedure with copies of all the documents. You can cancel the CDS at any time.

Once you have the CDS, you are obliged to pay the exit fee of, at the moment, 60TD every time you leave the country.

CDS is issued from the Bureau des Etrangers at the police station in the area where you will reside. Your hb to be should be able to tell you exactly where this is. Each area has their own rules and your local BDE will give you a list of required documents.

There are different requirements if you are married regarding finance mostly but basically you will need:

Copy of photo page in your passport x 2
Copy of page with last entry date into Tunisia x 2
Passport photos x 2
Evidence of accommodation i.e.
Copy (x2) of rental agreement or,
if buying, copy (x2) contract of buying & selling or title deeds;
or 2 copies of a written statement from a Tunisian or local family with whom you are staying.

Evidence of means of support ie.
Copy (x2) of your bank statement showing you have a means of support or
copy (x2) employment contract if you have one or
copy (x2) of your husband's statement or financial support for you as his wife and
copy (x2) of your marriage contract

There used to be a small 10TD fee but last time I applied for mine, I didn't have to pay.

Usually, they will issue you with a temporary card until your CDS is ready - again in my area, they didn't do that this time and said if I was leaving the country they would issue it but no need otherwise.

As I said, requirements vary from area to area and if you are married or not. Your local BDS will give you an exact list of what they need.

I'm sure some of our married members will keep you right if there's anything I've missed re requirements as a wife of a Tunisian national.

How long will you be in Tunisia before you get married?

Olfa Ayedi

Hi Olfa

If you're planning to live there for more than 3 months, it's a Carte de Séjour (CDS -residency card). (UK citizens are allowed 3 months, USA and German 4 months without CDS).

The CDS is initially valid for one year and to renew it, you have to go throught the same procedure with copies of all the documents. You can cancel the CDS at any time.

Once you have the CDS, you are obliged to pay the exit fee of, at the moment, 60TD every time you leave the country.

CDS is issued from the Bureau des Etrangers at the police station in the area where you will reside. Your hb to be should be able to tell you exactly where this is. Each area has their own rules and your local BDE will give you a list of required documents.

There are different requirements if you are married regarding finance mostly but basically you will need:

Copy of photo page in your passport x 2
Copy of page with last entry date into Tunisia x 2
Passport photos x 2
Evidence of accommodation i.e.
Copy (x2) of rental agreement or,
if buying, copy (x2) contract of buying & selling or title deeds;
or 2 copies of a written statement from a Tunisian or local family with whom you are staying.

Evidence of means of support ie.
Copy (x2) of your bank statement showing you have a means of support or
copy (x2) employment contract if you have one or
copy (x2) of your husband's statement or financial support for you as his wife and
copy (x2) of your marriage contract

There used to be a small 10TD fee but last time I applied for mine, I didn't have to pay.

Usually, they will issue you with a temporary card until your CDS is ready - again in my area, they didn't do that this time and said if I was leaving the country they would issue it but no need otherwise.

As I said, requirements vary from area to area and if you are married or not. Your local BDS will give you an exact list of what they need.

I'm sure some of our married members will keep you right if there's anything I've missed re requirements as a wife of a Tunisian national.

How long will you be in Tunisia before you get married?
Thank you for the help & advice Essem, i will be flying to tunisia on 11/august & i get married on the 29/august.
Love & Hugs to all, once again thank you for your help & advice :)

T

tunisiano031

Hello Everyone,
I need advice please.
I'm english & i want to live in Ben Arous, tunisia permently with my tunisian husband, once we are married in august..
No-one seems to know about what what visa i will need & how much it will cost & how long it will take...
I know i can stay in tunisia for 3 months without a visa, but its after the 3 months is finished because i don't want to come back to england.
Thank you so much for all your help. Love & Hugs :)
hello Olfa, you have to go ask at the police office in the area and National Guard province and they will give you all papers what you need to prepare, welcome to TUNISIA, and good luck

Tarkatots

If my partner has a job waiting for him when he arrives in England would the sponsor still have to earn £18600??

Jane BM

If my partner has a job waiting for him when he arrives in England would the sponsor still have to earn £18600??
Afraid so yes.

Tarkatots

Thanks Jane, hmmm must work harder lol

Jane BM

Thanks Jane, hmmm must work harder lol
It'll be good to show them proof that he has guaranteed work to come to, as long as it is actual proof, but it doesn't change the fact that as his sponsor you have to earn over £18,600.

Tarkatots

It'll be good to show them proof that he has guaranteed work to come to, as long as it is actual proof, but it doesn't change the fact that as his sponsor you have to earn over £18,600.

OMG
I cant even decifer which visa is needed??
Why do they have to make things so difficult? I tried to pjone too but just got a message saying the lines are busy and the phone went dead :(