Visa4uk website

Leann7332

Hi all
I've been looking all over for the answer to this question without luck. I hope someone can help.
Me and my fiancé are finally apply for a fiancé visa for him to come to the UK for us to marry. But on the visa4uk website there's no option for the fiancé visa, so I'm completey lost as to what visa to select??
I'm hoping someone can help :dead:

scotty_bambam

Hi all
I've been looking all over for the answer to this question without luck. I hope someone can help.
Me and my fiancé are finally apply for a fiancé visa for him to come to the UK for us to marry. But on the visa4uk website there's no option for the fiancé visa, so I'm completey lost as to what visa to select??
I think fiance visa is quite difficult to get ,so many people get married in Tunisia then apply for spouse visa to come to uk

scotty_bambam

Hi all
Found this number for you.its UK but £1.37 per minute! Its visa4u no.. 0044 1243 218 154

Leann7332

Its a UK number..but there is a Tunisian number.
Oops I didn't read properly:oops:
I'm sure it will cost more than 1.37 per minute if I got him to call ... Lol

Trulymadlydeeply

Leann have you seen the link I posted above?

Leann7332

Leann have you seen the link I posted above?
I've seen it truly.
It doesn't have the answer there.

When you register for visa4uk website it asks for you to select the visa you want to apply for from three drop down menus.

Trulymadlydeeply

What choices does it give you?

Leann7332

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
What choices does it give you?
First drop down menu
Reason for visit:
1 Visit
2 Study
3 Work
4 Settlement
5 Transit
6 Other
7 Exempt
(Selected settlement )
Second drop down menu
VISA type:
1 Settlement
2 Returning resident
(Selected settlement )
Third drop down menu
Visa sub type:
1 Unmarried partner,
2 Wife,
3 Child or other dependant of settled person,
4 Civil partnership,
5 Family reunion-other dependent relative,
6 Former UK armed forces,
7 Husband,
8 Marriage,
9 Parent, grandparent and other dependant relative,
10 Post flight-non-settled person,
11 Proposed civil partnership,

None of the options seem to apply to a fiancé visa

Trulymadlydeeply

You’ll need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you want to join, for 6 months or more, a partner or family member who’s living in the UK permanently.

That's the visa you need maybe if you click on marriage?

Leann7332

You’ll need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you want to join, for 6 months or more, a partner or family member who’s living in the UK permanently.

That's the visa you need maybe if you click on marriage?
I did read on the gov website that the marriage visa was only if you intend to leave the UK after you get married

Trulymadlydeeply

3. Eligibility

To apply for a ‘family of a settled person’ visa, you must be from outside theEuropean Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

Your partner or family member must have one of the following:

• British citizenship
  • settlement in the UK
  • asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
You must also prove that:

• you’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child
  • your relationship to your family member is genuine and recognised in the UK, eg your marriage is legal in your country
  • you intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply (unless you’re a parent who has access to the child)
  • you and your family will have an adequate place to live in the UK
  • you have a good knowledge of English if you’re 18 or over - unless you’re applying as an adult dependent relative

Trulymadlydeeply

You’re engaged
You must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK.

Leann7332

You’re engaged
You must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK.
I don't think I made myself clear. We have all the paperwork and evidence that is needed to apply for the visa.
It's just when it comes to using the online form that replaces the paper form V

Leann7332

I don't think I made myself clear. We have all the paperwork and evidence that is needed to apply for the visa.
It's just when it comes to using the online form that replaces the paper form VAF4A

Trulymadlydeeply

I would say that on your first selection it is not settlement as that has to be applied for after you are married. I'd try 'other'. I understand you have all the paperwork i was showing you why it is "Family of a settled person" visa that you need. they no longer call it a Fiance visa.

Shazza100

we applied for this visa and put settlement and marriage. It is a confusing question but it is a settlement visa and you intend to apply for a further visa inside the UK once married. I also understand your confusion about "marriage visa" only being for a visa to get married and leaving the uk but we put settlement and marriage and all was fine.

We put "settlement - settlement - marriage"

Leann7332

we applied for this visa and put settlement and marriage. It is a confusing question but it is a settlement visa and you intend to apply for a further visa inside the UK once married. I also understand your confusion about "marriage visa" only being for a visa to get married and leaving the uk but we put settlement and marriage and all was fine.

We put "settlement - settlement - marriage"

Thanks shazza100
This is want they said when I asked on visa4uk website. It's was so confusing but we made it in the end. My partner collected his passport this morning with the visa inside, so now :pI'm getting so excited waiting for him to come :p:p